The online racing simulator
[BL Carpark] New Autocross Layout
(4 posts, started )
#1 - Phill
[BL Carpark] New Carpark Layout
Ok, i was abit bored so i decided to do a AutoX layout.. my first to be honest.. . I searched abit on google, and found a layout, that inspired me.

Also i kept the style of the layout as it would be in the real world. No barriers and other crap. Just cones and pointers. Its looks beautiful without those banners and barriers all over the place.

Check the replay to see how its done.. there's a bit of irony in the name since i messed up in the hammerhead corner.. :P but anyways. Its actually quite fun to drive. I suggest using a LX6 or LX4 for the track since the other cars seems too big.. but give it a try!

Pehaps a few comments would be nice!
Attached images
AutocrossLayout1.jpg
AutocrossLayout2.jpg
Attached files
HowitsNOTdone.spr - 18.3 KB - 443 views
BL3_AutoXvarious.lyt - 1.9 KB - 555 views
That's a very good first effort. One thing, at least from my viewpoint of running real autocrosses, is that the pointer cones are on the wrong side of the cone. Should be on the outside pointing you to go on the other side of where they are. Kinda like ^< for going to the left side of the upright, and >^ to go right. If you're interested in course design, here is a link to the manual that most people use for the real thing.

http://www.houscca.com/solo2/coursedesign.zip
That course design PDF is very useful, I've been using it for several years now :up: Lost the link, but you've got it

People should really check it out.
#4 - Phill
Thanks you! I'm glad you like it!

Im checking that course design thingy out.. so better watch out for more layouts by me!

[BL Carpark] New Autocross Layout
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG