The online racing simulator
Moving forward
(31 posts, closed, started )
Quote from richo :Its rubbishing EA not supporting Nazi's i think anyone with a drop of common sense could appreciate the humour...

I guess each to his own personally i think its bloody funny

I can understand but the Nazi symbol looks different to some people - e.g. those more directly connected, for example Jews or Germans.

It's more of a banned symbol in Germany, and we have a lot of German readers who don't want to see that.

So please, change the avatar, before we force you to.
#27 - joen
Quote from Mike85 :I just wonder when will the damage model be completed.

When it´s done.

Quote :When are there gonna be animated pit crew?

Who said there will be an animated pit crew in the first place? And is it really THAT important.

Quote :Scawen should tell us what are his plans and a timeframe.

No he shouldn´t. And he won´t. If you know anything about the devs way of working you would know that. I think most people know that but they just refuse to accept it.

Quote :
But at the same time I dont want it to be rushed to S2 final just because we want it fast

Quote :
But I get a feeling that Scawen writes alot of code which is not used in the game right now.

Maybe, maybe not. How would you know? Besides it will end up in the game when the time is there. A lot could be incompatible with the current version, ever thought about that?

Quote :
What I, and probably most of the community wants, is an LFS with features to match rFactors for example. Then that would be a full-blown engine. It would be THE best racing game. Right now its just the best in racing physics.

...some people just won´t take no for an answer...

read slowly:

there will not be any modding before S3 if any

Quote :
Right now LFS is full of ideas, but they need to be put on a list and prioritised. We need to say what will be in the game and what wont.

Excuse me, and you are?
What on earth makes you think you have any say in it? You don´t determine what will be in the game and what not, and you sure aren´t needed by the devs to do their prioritising...
Really, you seriously need to get a clue.

Quote :That way it could even be used as an industry simulator for testing new cars.

Get real.

Quote :We just want features.

Please speak for yourself and nothing but yourself.

Quote :
I would recommend making a test patch with everything you have done so far. With all the code so far. And then we'll make it stable with testing. And see what comes out

Then you make some new code

ZOMG your insight is so overwhelming, the devs should ask you to be in teh dev team!
#28 - CSU1
Quote from richo :Its rubbishing EA not supporting Nazi's i think anyone with a drop of common sense could appreciate the humour...

I guess each to his own personally i think its bloody funny

You sir are an idiot at the ripe ol' age of 43 I can't believe you think there is no harm sporting that symbol and laughing about it .....masterbating for peace? what on earth get that shite off my screen now!
Speaking as a league administrator who help run weekly events, I very much welcome patch X and the changes are just great from a league point of view. They help us have a much improved league racing experience.

First off a big increase in the numbers who can race on the same server. And then other goodies such as a much more real feeling qualifying and start system, 6DOF support for TrackIR users, etc, etc.

Further to this, with the new insim system I'm expecting that there will be some very clever cooking by the smart cookies. I.e. more 3rd party support. Can't wait for pitspotter to return, hopefully kegetys will update it.

Our collective number one wish after this is probably for fixes to the damage model, which can get a bit interesting sometimes. Then whatever else will just be bonus.

Keep it up guys!
This thread won't really go anywhere. It's a bit boring to see the same old discussion again.

A massive update - Patch X - is coming out on Friday.

So... it's not a sensible time to complain that the features on top of YOUR list are not done. Everything is done in the order we want to do them. There is a lot of Eric's work not yet in the game but sorry to disappoint anyone, there's no code of mine that isn't yet there (except development tools)... patch W34 is really it.

Obviously (because I've said it before so many times, so it must be obvious now) I'll be working on AI and physics for Patch Y. But first patch X is out with its many very imoprtant updates.

OK, so now it's time to close this thread. Thank you for understanding!
Quote from Scawen :Is that really true? If that is true, then clearly LFS must be very far behind all the other sims by now. But I don't feel it is.

Hi Scawen,
while I agree with the most of things and with the thing that having bigger team sometimes might bring more issue then results there are some areas where LFS stand behind. For example the graphic engine.While you have made wonderfull work and it seems you juiced ther DX8 engine to the max probably there can be done much more in this area and some Sims/semi-sims are before LFS.The sound engine.There are missing a lot of sounds coming usually from racing cars and other sims have that too.

I think having dedicated person - some help from your friend(s) just for 3D engine would let you focus on the important things like physic engine and other things.You must know as well that graphic sell things a lot and good 3D engine can add to the realisim of the simulator a lot.

Anyway...I will end it.You made so far amazing work
This thread is closed

Moving forward
(31 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG