The online racing simulator
H-Shifter Plans
(12 posts, started )
H-Shifter Plans
Ok so im going to make a H-Shifter. Im going to tell you what im going to do and see if its right.

First im going to get a cheap second hand $10 Gamepad like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/USB-Vib ... 74943QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dismantle it, take the chip board and 7 buttons out.

Then im going to make a steal box, cut a rubber ball in half and make a hole in it for the gear stick to go into. Im going to glue the ball in the bottom and stick the pipe into it.

Im going to get the 7 buttons i got out of the Gamepad and put them as Reverse, 1,2,3 ect. im then going to get little magnets and put them ontop of the buttons and 1 on the gear shifter so when i put it into gear it will stay there by the magnets.

Im then going to cut out the gear plate from a steel sheet and glue or drill that on top of the steel frame.
I was actually thinking of doing something similar. Just need to find an old car that I can rip the knob out of.

(get S2 first :P)
i was thinking of getting S2 but i dont no i mean i got a team in demo and i really like demo.
Plus S2 is expensive!
You like demo, and you'll love S2.

And.. S2 is not that expensive.. maybe it is, but it worths every penny.
#5 - Mik3y
good luck dude.
It will work if you do but, have you thought about a force feebdback joystick?
@ brendonv ,

let us know how your work turned out , and maybe you could post a few pics for us
Quote from brendonv :i was thinking of getting S2 but i dont no i mean i got a team in demo and i really like demo.
Plus S2 is expensive!

Building your shifter will probably cost just as much, if not more...
Have you built one, sinkoman? I have about $4 in my shifter. S2 is around $50.
Quote from mrodgers :Have you built one, sinkoman? I have about $4 in my shifter. S2 is around $50.

I figured it'd cost a bit more if he started from scratch, IE no shift lever, no scrap wood, no switches, no wires, and still needed to buy a controller.
My H-Shifter is now almost complete just a few more finishing touchs like clips to hold the gear stick in place and a paint job. Ill post pics of it in a couple of days. If tested it and it works a charm.
Im so proud.
I made my Shifter a little different then planed. I got a Playstation 2 controller for the chipboard i made my box out of MDF wood my dad had laying around at his factory. I got a Ball Joint and a Gear stick from the local Wreckers which my dad payed for. I made the gear plate from perspex and got some mini micro switches from Dick Smith Electrical. My dad is an electrician so he wired it up for me.

All i payed for was the switches which were 20 bucks for all 6 of em. My dad had everything else. So it turned out well and took 3 days to make.
Made a really nice H-Shifter for 20 bucks.

But if i was making it by myself it would of cost me heaps more and probably couldn't of made it because my dad supplied the tools for me like saw, sander, jigsaw, drill and all the other things like screws n stuff.

It was pretty easy to make but i bit frustrating cutting the wood coz my dad wouldn't let me cut it with the jigsaw so i had to use the saw which took fricken ages.

Well ill post some pics up in like 20 mins or so.

P.S its not fully finished yet it still needs Paint, Bracket, clips, gear plate, gear nob.
If made em its just a matter of fitting them on. Im doing it tomorrow so it should be done Wednesday.

H-Shifter Plans
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG