The online racing simulator
Tech problem on CTRA 1a
I just raced on CTRA 1a. There seems to be a technical problem. No points were counted, and myself and at least one other racer were kicked during the race for not having a licence to drive the XRG. There also was a PHP/SQL error message, which suggested that the server software couldn't access the database.
#2 - col
2a is also down as of 2pm uk time
Sounds like when they changed the IP address they forgot that the SQL-API restricts access to the IP addresses which are allowed access to the SQL-API. It's a protection system against unauthorised hacking of the system, and they've locked the system out with it I think.

@UKCT Server Admins
Guys, cant recall the details from here at work - but it's in the remarks at the top of the SRA 1 version of the source.

You need to grant the servers new IP address access to the API - I think, in fact i'm sure, the servers old IP was hard coded and you can only edit the remote IP with that script - but it'll get you out of hot water.
#4 - SamH
This is highly likely. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=24489

Our server's ISP *tried* to move transport providers last night, but failed. Unfortunately, we made all preparatory steps to be online as soon as the changeover happened.

The changeover failed, but our ISP didn't tell us. In fact despite several phonecalls and texts overnight, we didn't hear from him until this afternoon, and now we have to UN-prepare for the move and re-propagate back to our old network IPs.

We're working on getting everything back to how it used to be. The servers are passworded for now, because the server manager software is hanging every time it's launched. We're trying to get to the bottom of it, but we're a bit stumped at the moment
#5 - SamH
Quote from Becky Rose :@UKCT Server Admins
Guys, cant recall the details from here at work - but it's in the remarks at the top of the SRA 1 version of the source.

You need to grant the servers new IP address access to the API - I think, in fact i'm sure, the servers old IP was hard coded and you can only edit the remote IP with that script - but it'll get you out of hot water.

We're back on the old IP for now, so everything *should* be as it was. The SRA is hanging within a few seconds of relaunching, and InSim is timing out in the dedi window. I don't know if it helps spark an idea of what's wrong, but the OCC manager is romping along with no issues. The config IP in rules is correct.. any ideas? LOL
Try running "STCCManagerNew.exe"

EDIT: Or run in debugmode from the source.
#7 - SamH
Not sure tbh Sam, I lost track when it went CTRA because I cant see the program folder any more.

I finish work at 16:00 or so, it takes me half an hour to get home. I'll RDC onto the dev account and have a looksie for myself if you havn't got it working by then.
#9 - SamH
Quote from Becky Rose :Not sure tbh Sam, I lost track when it went CTRA because I cant see the program folder any more.

My fault.. I forgot to update your FTP. Sorry.

We're restarting the server now, to shake off the last of any changes we made while preparing for the transport move. Fingers crossed it'll come back and pop back into shape.. will post here..
#10 - SamH
I've figured out the problem and found a workaround to get the servers up and running again. I'll explain this evening, Becky
Sam was just on 1a when LFS crashed and tried to reconnect but it's now showing as private ?

all the other servers are ok though

Help as I was winning big time - PS it crashed dead on 12 midnight

Or did I just turn into a pumpkin
The servers go private for a track change, for a maximum of two minutes. It helps get the race restarted again without people joining clearing everyones 'ready' status.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG