The online racing simulator
Car customization
(32 posts, started )
#1 - Mc21
Car customization
This is not meant to be rice or anything, just for teams to be different expect skins..

Let's say we get a modeling progam for LFS, with all the base kits. You will be able to edit the kits and import the LFS, a bit like the skins, you can auto-download the kits maybe at a price or something.

It's a bit like Bespoke. But with kits not wheels.
no, a body kit would more than likely slow the car down.

#3 - garph
No, that's going down the NFS route...which is a bad thing.
i say little things should be able to be custom, but to an extent.

This is a racing simulator, not NFS.
body? no, engine parts maybe
I'll re-post the comment I make every single time any kind of car upgrading system is suggested.

It's pointless. Eventually people would work out which parts are best for which track, and everyone would use that setup. The number of people who use the Inferno sets is the best example you can get. So we'd end up with every car set up exactly the same way.
And guess what? That's the way it is now.
Quote from Dajmin :I'll re-post the comment I make every single time any kind of car upgrading system is suggested.

It's pointless. Eventually people would work out which parts are best for which track, and everyone would use that setup. The number of people who use the Inferno sets is the best example you can get. So we'd end up with every car set up exactly the same way.

Well... thats pretty much 100% right..
Quote from Dajmin :I'll re-post the comment I make every single time any kind of car upgrading system is suggested.

Amen!

btw, what is so non-ricing about self-made bodykits?

who says they are not rice?
It probably doesn't do anything, so the body kit is useless...
Body kits are stupid and anyone who puts them on road cars should be used for taser testing.

Car modifications in LFS are stupid as well.
Didn't a similar thread appear about 3 days ago?
#11 - joen
Yes. And 5 days before that one. And 3 days before that one. And a week before that one. And 2 weeks before that one. And 4 days before that one...etc.
Quote from joen :And 2 weeks before that one.

That doesnt sound realistic.

Far too long time in between!
I've only just realised that he is a member of a drifting team by the name of Doris. Is it named after Doris Day by any chance?
I my opinion, customization(bodykits, etc.)would be very cool! Though, this game would be then more like NFS...but SO WHAT!
oh dear...
lol tristan...
-1, the car would scrape, but i say +1 for some strobes!, nice in drifting isnt it Tristan
#17 - joen
Quote from bmwracer67 :this game would be then more like NFS...but SO WHAT!

I don´t think LFS is the right game for you. It will never ever ever ever be like NFS.
thank god
#18 - Woz
<sarcastic>This sounds like a great idea. Can we also add under car neon, a huge dustbin size pipe to the last 4" of the exhaust and also get 21" rims with spinners and elastic bands for tyres. You should also be able to cut your suspension springs in half as well to drop the car as low as possible.</sarcastic>

-1 from me, its not what LFS is about
The only thing we should be allowed is perhaps to swap rims (like from different cars of LFS and such), and mabey to REMOVE a spoiler/wing. Aside from that, we have skinning, which is an EXCELLENT system.
the option to remove the spoiler would be nice. I have seen some photoshop job's of the FXO and XRT with no spoiler, they look hooot

Frenchy
+1 for body some body kits .. something interesing rims ... but not engine tuning .... just exterior for cars !
Quote from joen :It will never ever ever ever be like NFS.

actually that would be neat in some respects
having long non circular tracks that go though highly diverse landscapes would keep me and my lfrs amused for months
I don't see any problem in car parts that induce downforce or better aerodynamics. Some bodykits are built for better airflow to the braking and intake components.
Quote from Karbine :I don't see any problem in car parts that induce downforce or better aerodynamics. Some bodykits are built for better airflow to the braking and intake components.

No to those too. Use the search to find the reasons.
Quote from Shotglass :actually that would be neat in some respects
having long non circular tracks that go though highly diverse landscapes would keep me and my lfrs amused for months

I remember that from the first NFSs! Driving on the shore or in the mountain was a lot of fun.
I 'd like to see tracks like that it LFS

I haven't played the new ones, it became some kind of fast and furious clone. They look awful.

Car customization
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG