The online racing simulator
Driver Weight ?
(17 posts, started )
Driver Weight ?
Ok, that's a funny question. illepall

I recently wondered, if LFS takes into account the weight of the driver. As you know, you can choose in the player-options either a male or a female driver. It looks, like the female driver is smaller and therefore would be of lighter weight than the male driver.

Does this make a difference on track? Will I get a faster acceleration due to lower total weight if I pick a female driver?

Well, I guess not, but would be nice to have it confirmed here.

Otherwise, I clearly would drive as woman in the future. :huepfenic
I know in previous versions this may be true, but i think scawen added lead knickers to the girl, therefore the same weight

Troy
I don't know what's the weight of male/female driver, but if it's calculated
I guess (if they're in top shape, as a racer needs to be ) that difference
is no more then 5-10 kg or so.
In that case, it doesn't make much difference in a acceleration or an overall lap time .
Just practice more :eclipseeh
I think both male and female driver weigh 70kg. This is to prevent junkies taking the female driver just to gain an advantage with the 5-10kg less weight.
Quote from FlintFredstone :i think scawen added lead knickers to the girl,
Troy

I think I know her.
Quote from BlackEye :Just practice more :eclipseeh

Thanks @all for the answers, and a remark to BlackEye: I didn't ask because I feel I'm too slow (well actually I'm not the fastest guy, but no noob anymore and not the slowest, I guess).

Just had that funny discussion with a friend yesterday and wanted to get that right.

See ya on track, guys.
I was just kidding HorsePower , I must point that out next time
back in demo days there was a version with the femle driver weighting 50kgs, while male driver weighting 70kgs. Result was: Only females on the road (especially in GTi you felt the difference). Scawen then put the femal weight also to 70kgs. You can actually see the weight in the garage. Just click on add driver at the middle left on the screen
@BlackEye: I knew you were kidding. Wanted that point that out just in case anyone else didn't know it.

@Vykos69: I feel honored that you also contributed to the answer of my question! :bowdown: Thanks very much! By the way, actually YOU are the reason why I'm now addicted to LFS. I saw you at GIGA GAMES and GIGA eSports this year where you promoted LFS. That convinced me, so I got DSL, LFS and a wheel.
:headbang:
.....and its not only the weight.....its also if the driver is sitting on the right or on the left side.....thats why I change the side depending on the track.....and YES I always drive cockpit view

BTW.....its good fun to take the UF 1000 make a silly soft and bouncy set and then put in the driver and one passenger who sits right behind the driver.....this way the car gets unbalanced and can be rolled pretty easy.....just for FUN

CU, Sebastian
Quote from DasBoeseC : thats why I change the side depending on the track.....

And my friends call me crazy
The female driver is lighter, but when you select her, the throttle pedal operates the 'hair and makup' rather than the accelerator...
I'm just glad I don't have to enter my real weight
Quote from HorsePower :(...) That convinced me, so I got DSL, LFS and a wheel.
:headbang:

Good choice, wasnt it? Have Fun with LFS
Quote from Iron_Maiden :The female driver is lighter, but when you select her, the throttle pedal operates the 'hair and makup' rather than the accelerator...

oi nuh uh That one lights up the mirror.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
just whatever you do...dont turn on the force feedback!
Quote from AndroidXP :This is to prevent junkies taking the female driver just to gain an advantage with the 5-10kg less weight.

hmmm and i always though it was to give a more realistic representation of the typical female pc gamer

Driver Weight ?
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG