The online racing simulator
Finishing Off & Future Plans
I want to thank everyone who has given their support in the closing off threads.

In closing the STCC project the thing I was most gutted about was finishing off the league before it was complete, so I have reopened the site and intend to finish it off the races without the broadcasts, for the benefit of the drivers involved. A more detailed post is in the drivers section of the STCC league forum.

More than anything else the reason for the closure is stress. The project is just too much of an investment for me. I dont want the closure remembered as being down to insim changes or disputes. It's not any one thing, it's everything and it's just become too much for me to cope with.

I love motor racing, and sim racing has been a big part of my life for over a year. I wont be returning to the real track as I cant afford to, so I guess you will still see me onine playing from time to time.

For now though i'm going to return to what i'm best at which is making fun little games. I'm going to get my project to alpha stage and then hunt down my old team and get them onboard, it's been years since Banshee Studios released a new game and it's about time that was redressed.

Anyone who wants to know more may wish to check out the team web site over the coming months at www.bansheestudios.com. I put a little sample on there a few minutes ago that should give an idea of where I am headed with that. I'm no Scawen, but I hope it will be a fun game because i've got a great idea for the gameplay that's going to blow you away, if I can pull it off .

In the meantime my biggest focus is sorting out my real life mess, and finishing off the league with the minimum of time investment possible for the sake of those who committed to it. There will be no season 2 of the STCC league.

I was tempted to develope league tools, a web and insim interface for organised race management, but I never got around to it. Who knows maybe with the pressure and stress of the STCC gone this may happen some time - but for now i'm throwing myself into my space ship project because it gives me a healthy distraction from everything that has happened.

Until I see you on track, good luck, and with all sincerity thank you all for the kind support you have shown me.
we should all be thanking you really becky... You have helped shaped the way LFS is enjoyed by many today.

We'll talk in private soon anyways. i'm sure there's a way we can keep the STCC going without putting all the strain on you

You know you got support from all of us at UKCT. Even if some of our members do shout at you sometimes hehehehehe
Thank you Becky for the STCC and i hope that you will succeed on your travels and good luck
Nice to see that season one will be finished off for the racers! As there will be no broadcast, how about just uploading the replays of the remaining races?

Glad to see that you are planning to do the things that you want, not what LFS wants you to do. Good luck with it all Becky.

Just make sure them replays are handed out
#5 - UsuL
I can understand Becky's feelings about stress, so I will not ask her to open up STCC, but anyway, is there anyone that has the ability, time and will to open STCC again?

I think I'm not the only one that miss the STCC licence based servers, with map rotation and so on.

Becky gave life to something new and almost perfect in LFS, please, don't let it die!!!
as a whole UKCT are willing to take over the responsabilty of keeping it running if we could, However we just dont know enough about Insim and the language becky created the management software out of to keep it running / update it when needed.. Maybe if she taught me?? hehehehe

[hides=From Becky]
If i cant see her.. she cant see meeeeeeeee <G>
[/hides]
It would obviously be good to have STCC back up and running again in the future but life is more important than games (even more important than lfs, shocking i know.) All kudos to you, Becky, UKCT and everyone who helped with the STCC. You provided us all with some good fun races and something to aim for.

Hope to see you racing soon
Beckly and all STCC staff...
I understand very well the level of stress that could give this STCC job.
I think that the most important and what must continue to subsist is the ambiance, amicality bettween drivers and level of quality STCC races have created.

You have created more than an simple sofwtare project but more a style of simulation that have created a sort of better life under simulation :-).

I have found on that STCC server a deep amicality and respect between drivers.

I am sure that you are going to do got job in other projects due to this aspect.

So good luck, hope I could race one day in the STCC server again.

Michel French driver.
Well i'm sorry that the series will come to an end before it even really began. But that's life I suppose. It was one real special project and I think it could have become somewhat of a "revolution" in simracing. Well we still have some races to prepare for.
Thank you Becky for a fantastic series and for all the work you've put in it.
And also thank to everyone else that helped in running the series.
#10 - Jakg
Well, the good news is i get to use brake help again!

Although my smhexy FXO will no longer grace peoples screens, i actually get to join a league that finishes (rather than being disbanded like the other 2!)
sad news STTC was the only reason i played lfs
All the best to you, Becky
Its a dam shame, but good luck in all your future adventures!

STCC rocked!
Very sad and a damn shame.

I wish you good luck
You gave us an alternative to Carribean Cruise, thankfully.. And the STCC points program was revolutionary for LFS.
Quote from jayhawk :You gave us an alternative to Carribean Cruise, thankfully.. And the STCC points program was revolutionary for LFS.

Not just for LFS but the whole sim racing scene, other games just don't know it yet :wink:
good luck with all of that
and dont forget to post the league race results every now and then and also dont forget to post when your game is released sounds interesting from an old wing commander fans point of view
Good luck Becky
Becky thanks for everything you did for the lfs community
even if this is a little late (i´m not that often on the official lfs forum)
i really want to thank becky for all she´s done for the lfs-community.

and for myself i must say, that the stcc-broadcasts are the best i´ve
ever seen in multiplayer leagues and i was really proud to show them
all my friends and colleagues at work (and some of them already bought
lfs)

to drive the public-stcc-servers was (and is under ctra) the most
funny thing i´ve done so far in lfs.

i quit my all-time-favorite league racing, the owrl, for it.

i left most of my teammates alone in winning championships on other
leagues and events, just to gain some more points.

becky, thank you!
i would like to ask if CTRA could also have XFR/UFR server

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG