The online racing simulator
CM DIRT demo?
(66 posts, started )
just been playing the xbox360 version

game pad, incar view number 2 (the one furthest from the steering wheel)

So the demo doesn't work with an x800pro? Is this the case for everyone that has this card so far?
System Requirements:

Quote :----------------------------
Minimum Specifications
----------------------------

- Windows XP
- DirectX 9.0c
- Pentium 4 @ 3.0GHz or Athlon 64 3000+
- 1GB RAM.
- Graphics Card: GeForce 6800 / Radeon X1300 or above
- DirectX Compatible Sound Card

Recommended Specifications

- Windows XP/Vista.
- DirectX 9.0c
- Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66Ghz or Athlon X2 3800+
- 2GB RAM.
- Graphics Card: GeForce 8800 or Radeon X1950
- Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card.

Supported Graphics Cards

- ATi Radeon x1300, x1600, x1800, x1900, x1950

- nVidia Geforce 6800, 7100, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950, 8800

Not compatible with all integrated sound/graphics solutions (inc.Laptops)

boo, i would be able to play this nicely if it wasnt for my crappy RAM (510 FTL)
Ok got around to trying the demo myself, and i have to say codemasters has done it this time with the feel of the cars, the cars actually have a little bit of realistic feel. I got something like 45fps with the lowest possible settings (the default settings when i entered the game) and i have to say it's actually hard to drive the cars now. In the previous titles i was able to clear stages with my keyboard and not touch anything on the side of the road.

My computer specs:
AMD 3200+ 64bit
1gb ram (corsair)
Geforce 6600GT 128mb
It's a pretty decent graphics demo, damage looks nice.
Attached files
dirt-replay-tiny.zip - 1.8 MB - 146 views
Quote from NetDemon01 :So the demo doesn't work with an x800pro? Is this the case for everyone that has this card so far?

cm dirt requires direct X 9.0c. i saw something in a quick search that indicated that the x800 only supports up to dx 9.0b. if that is correct, then that would be why the demo won't run on the x800, despite the fact that it is about 2-3x faster than the x1300.

could any of the x800 owners verify this?
Verified...
I refuse to play Starforce-infested demos.
#35 - Jakg
Wow! This games got me scrabbling to plug ma G25 in after a month or so of BF2

...shame it's RBR.exe i'm opening
#36 - wien
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :Pentium 4 @ 3.0GHz or Athlon 64 3000+

Does that mean it requires SSE2? That would explain why it crashed magnificently on my Athlon XP during what looked to be a SSE instruction in the disassembly. Would a simple SSE check on load really kill them?
Quote from glyphon :cm dirt requires direct X 9.0c. i saw something in a quick search that indicated that the x800 only supports up to dx 9.0b. if that is correct, then that would be why the demo won't run on the x800, despite the fact that it is about 2-3x faster than the x1300.

could any of the x800 owners verify this?

That part would be incorrect because I have an x800 and also have dx 9.0c. The game just doesn't support this card. This card isn't even that old or crappy
#38 - wien
Quote from NetDemon01 :That part would be incorrect because I have an x800 and also have dx 9.0c.

The version of the DirectX runtime you have installed has nothing to do with it. The game requires Shader Model 3, which was introduced i DirectX 9.0c, and is only available in the Radeon X1000 series and the GeForce 6000 series and up.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :Ok got around to trying the demo myself, and i have to say codemasters has done it this time with the feel of the cars, the cars actually have a little bit of realistic feel.

I didn't know real cars could come to a dead stop almost instantly.
just buy a bloody xbox360 and be done with it LOL
My ride:

AMD Opteron 180 @ 2.91Ghz
2x1024mb Corsair XMS Platinum CL2
nVidia 2x7600GT SLI BIOS Mod (600/1650Mhz)

I can run it a High settings, but not Ultra settings. It seems very well anyway, graphics are awesome but the control S*CKS, it is a bullsh*t.
The last good CMR was 2.0... don´t waste yout time with this rubbish.

PD: ATI X800 is not supported because have only Shader Model 2.0 and the games uses the 3.0 version, wich is used for HDR effects.
I tried the demo and I have few things to say.

Its total arcade game.The physic doesnt exist.Well something yes but I wouldnt call it physic model.When looking at the replays it seems like running at 1.5-2x speed.Looks very weird and the cards looks like floating sometimes a lot.Again missing physic model.

The bloom effect is ennoying a lot for me.

The details of the tracks and cars is more then I expected.LFS need to work a lot on this.

Just for fun it might be nice game but nothing more.The hardware requirements are bloody thought.To run it smooth and having AA+AF you would need NVIDIA 8800 GTS at least for sure.

Its running really slow on my 7900GT running at 7950GT speeds at 1024*768.I have all HIGH except people around the track,no mirrors,medium foliage,low shadows.Not even suing any AA.Running without AA doesnt make the game looking worse unlike LFS due to high-polygon models.Thats + for me
Quote from Taavi(EST) :i have to say codemasters has done it this time with the feel of the cars, the cars actually have a little bit of realistic feel.

I found it even worst than previous versions… do not get confused by the silly input lag which makes the game hard to “control”… It is absolutely rubbish… you can stop and steer to the direction you want on the gravel from 100km/h to 0 in 2 meters distance…
Even the menus and the fake cool co driver’s voice prepare you for the absolute arcade experience…

I have an C2D 6600 @ 3.6ghz , 2GB ram and and 7600GT

The fps rate was fine at the default settings but the input lag was about 1sec for every control.

Even with all the settings to the lowest, the input lag was there… but it got reduced significantly and I was able to play and find out clearly the non existence of physics whatsoever…
bloody PC geeks, its a GAME not a mathematical equation LOL
#45 - Mato
I decided to give it a go.

First thing you notice is that it looks really good. Atleast if you crank up those settings. Although the bloom effect is "slightly" too strong.
It also ran pretty good on my comp. Didn't notice any stuttering at 1650*1050 and ultra settings.

Controls were simply awful.

Like filur said it:
Quote :It's a pretty decent graphics demo, damage looks nice.

I took some pretty screenshots.
Attached images
dirt1.jpg
dirt2.jpg
dirt3.jpg
dirt4.jpg
Overall it's a little blurry, it has the annoying bloom effect present everywhere, and its controls are amazingly awful.
Also it is a system hog, and a little arcadish.

My verdict:
A decent Xbox title where system requirements don't apply, arcadish behavior is more often a feature than a bug and wheels are not the standard controllers. But the PC port is quite rediculous, at least with LFS's standards
Quote from Mato :
It also ran pretty good on my comp. Didn't notice any stuttering at 1650*1050 and ultra settings.

¨
I am curious what system spec you have.I see you have max setting and AA+AF.
At me it draw like 20 FPS often and I even cant use any AA.I also run at only 1024*768 res.I have A64 3200+,2x512MB ram and 7900GT running at 7950 frequencies.
#48 - Mato
Quote from DEVIL 007 :¨
I am curious what system spec you have.I see you have max setting and AA+AF.

Intel core 2 Duo 6400
GF 8800 GTS 640Mb (slightly overclocked)
2 gigs ram.

I'm not sure about what kind of framerates I get. But it looks fluid and I don't notice any slowdowns, so it's good enough for me.
Just downloaded it and I knew it before:

P4 2.8 Ghz
1 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro ->

nah, forget about it...really sad about that because I adore Pikes Peak but I won't buy a new computer just for some new games...
The demo ran like a charm on mainly high settings with no AA/AF on mine.

AMD AM2 3800+ @ 2.41GHz (single core)
2Gb RAM
GeForce 7900GS Extreme

It still felt very arcadey, although that's what I'd expect for a game designed for consoles. But it could be good fun online.

CM DIRT demo?
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG