The online racing simulator
Motorcycles and off road buggies/trucks
hey guys, i am new to the forums but i have been playing lfs for about 4 years. and i was thiinking about how cool it would be to have street bikes and racing bikes in the game. And also trucks/suvs in off road trails and races. and for the trucks, you can add some nice open dirt tracks with baja style jumps and stuff.

id pay extra for that

what do you guys think?
Quote from Skyline41691 :hey guys, i am new to the forums

No surprise there since you just suggested the same thing that has been suggested gazillion times before.
#3 - garph
Dude! Are you kidding me? This was discussed, probably is still being discussed, only a few posts down!
calm down buddy
#5 - Venus
welcome to forum... heaps info here... but pls, do a lil search b4 posting lol... most things have been suggested before multiple times. Bikes won't be added nytime for obvious physic reasons, as much as i'd love it.

V
Quote from Skyline41691 :hey guys, i am new to the forums but i have been playing lfs for about 4 years. and i was thiinking about how cool it would be to have street bikes and racing bikes in the game. And also trucks/suvs in off road trails and races. and for the trucks, you can add some nice open dirt tracks with baja style jumps and stuff.

id pay extra for that

what do you guys think?

You and me both for motorcycles. The trucks would be neat for a change of pace, plus Id love to thrash the hell out of an Escalade in the bush...with all the bling trimmings.

The bikes thing has been suggested before a few times, and there is a small demand, but not enough for the developers to build it as far as we know. There was talk about S3 having bikes, but its pretty much been put to rest at this point; they want to but cant get the physics right according to an email I received from one of the devs.

On a side note, I hooked my Gemini motorcycle controller up with LFS, drove the Formula XR with a narrow FOV so all I saw was road, inverted the steering to mimic the counter steering used in motorcycle racing, and it was hard! Took me a few laps top get used to it and you actually find yourself wanting to lean into the corners...its the only way to really use the Gemini with counter steering and not get confused. I loved it!
There are other games around that allow you to do these sorts of things. LFS has a small dev team and excels in the driving physics area. I would rather they didn't waste time trying to incorporate bikes, trucks, SUVs, people carriers, three-wheelers, shopping trollies and other assorted juvenile garbage where the physics engine would be utterly wasted.
Quote from Motordirex :You and me both for motorcycles.

and me

hint: logitech is workin on hardware to steer bikes in same quality as g25...
Quote from spyshagg :that sounds like motorstorm to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPtpseDUOa8

buggies, bikes, atvs, trucks

I think he meant individually. haha

That game though cheese to the sim racer, is pretty good graphics wise. The first time I played it on the PS3 the graphics and physics were such that I was getting dizzy using the in car view.

I agree with Hammerdown that most of the improvement suggestions on this forum being lame. Though I dont agree that bikes are juvenile and a waste of the physics engine...and I dont think anyone else into bikes would agree with you either. Motorcycles and motorcycle racing has a more loyal fan base then car racing...why, cuz everyone drives cars, bikers are a rare breed.
Quote from Hammerdown :I would rather they didn't waste time trying to incorporate bikes, trucks, SUVs, people carriers, three-wheelers, shopping trollies and other assorted juvenile garbage where the physics engine would be utterly wasted.

Why on earth would it be wasted? Do the aforementioned vehicles not make use of the excellent physics engine?

I'd love to see a wider variety of vehicles in LFS. Trucks (proper cab/tractor units, not what Americans call pick-ups), SUVs, prototypes/GroupC, saloons, Super Touring, or any other "juvenile garbage" that would be great fun to drive and race with LFS physics, regardless of how slow it is or how much it rolls.

Obviously none of these things are a priority, but it'd be great to have them in the end.
Well I certainly wouldn't argue with some of items on your list, by why on earth would you want to drive someting that handles badly and is inherently horrible to drive? It might be fun for five minutes, but given the choice you'd soon be back on the cars that reward your input. As you say it certainly isn't a priority. Maybe one day when LFS becomes the game it deserves to be, then the physics could be applied to other games too, but please not until then (I don't think there's any real danger of that, by the way! ).

Cheers!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG