The online racing simulator
MOMO mods?
(9 posts, started )
MOMO mods?
Are there any mods available to increase the amount of rotation on a MOMO?

I would guess its a fairly easy thing to do but has anyone done it?
Not possible unless you buy a completely new chip in it. The "computer" in it only notices 270 degrees, anything beyond that it doesn't recognize.

How do I know this? Well I've tried it before, a few years back.

Only real thing you could call a mod that I know of is the ability to make the paddles on the side out of metal rather than plastic, but that is more of a fix than a mod.
#3 - Jakg
Its possible, but completely pointless - you can (i think) make it double the rotation, but half the sensitivity
there is a mod,but only for the LED's
I'd love to extend the rotation for my momo. is there anyting I can do to it? I guess that would void the warrenty
Actually making the wheel turn more is easy. the hard part would be hacking the software/drivers to see what the extra rotation is.
I wonder how difficult it'd be to write a third party driver from scratch to do exactly that...
I have no idea, I might give it a try though lol
I doubt it would even be possible to override hard code that is built into the wheel.

But you still have one other problem remaining, the DFP uses a rack and pinion, while the Momo uses a gear with a metal lock that keeps it from going beyond where it is supposed to be going. If you take that metal peice off as I did one time, the wheel keeps spinning, there is nothing there to spin it.

Thus in the end it is pointless to try, it wouldn't work right in the end.
Even if you were to be able to override hardware code (which I doubt is even possible to be honest), it wouldn't work right because of the way the wheel's internals work.

MOMO mods?
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG