The online racing simulator
What antivirus are you using?
(57 posts, started )
My wife is having problems with her laptop. My computer runs Norton anti-virus and i have no problems at all. However, i've heard lots of complaints from people about Norton.

Discussions? Comments?
Thanks,

Steve
NOD32 user here. Worth every penny.
Anti-virus? What's that.. I haven't got any anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware or other anti-malware software installed at all.
#4 - axus
Just running Sygate Personal Firewall. No Anti-Virus program specifically.
Avast.
works without any problems and doesnt do nothing what u dont want.
AVG Free here, does everything I need it to do and nothing I don't.
#7 - Snark
Try Kaspersky (simply the best)
Avast
#9 - CSU1
Quote from speedfreak227 :My wife is having problems with her laptop. My computer runs Norton anti-virus and i have no problems at all. However, i've heard lots of complaints from people about Norton.

Discussions? Comments?
Thanks,

Steve

AVG and Zone Alarm are free and would be a good option for your wifes laptop
None...

About Norton: Try turning it off and look how much faster your computer goes... Norton is such a performance hogging pos... But people having no clue about computers once heard of it, found it to be expensive, so it has to be good... That's the only reason it still exists... And I don't even want to start about their lack of service like updating the virus definition file...
Avast and ZoneAlarm all the way
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Anti-virus? What's that.. I haven't got any anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware or other anti-malware software installed at all.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: If you know how to use your computer, you don´t need any anti virus or firewall.

Anyway, Kaspersky is the better.

PD: A computer is more secure without anti virus than with Norton installed
#13 - mr_x
I swear by AVG free edition.

Does everything it needs to do and updates every day or 2 automatically!
With NOD32 I get virus definition updates two or three times per day.
#15 - Rish
+1 for AVG free, No problems with it! and its free!
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Anti-virus? What's that.. I haven't got any anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware or other anti-malware software installed at all.

When you go outside, do you leave your apartment doors unlocked? illepall

Avast Antivirus here.
I swear by Kaspersky. It's too good for words.
I'm using AVG Free, tryed Avast, NOD32 and a buch of other AV tools and AVG was the only one that didn't slow down my PC at all.
Quote from deggis :When you go outside, do you leave your apartment doors unlocked? illepall

I live in a house, not an apartment. Duh.
The best free antivirus imo is Antivir by Avira. I'm no longer using Avast since it had very poor recognition of some trojans (first hand experience on several computers) that had to be cleaned by hand with the same old combination of various utilities (I use lots of them).
In the commercial zone overall I cannot complain about F-Secure, up till now, and NOD32. The best one is Kaspersky also for me.
Symantec (or Norton) is one of the most problematic antiviruses I've ever seen, no longer worth my attention.
-
(Christofire) DELETED by Christofire
F-Prot, ClamWin, ClamAV.

Norton is just a joke.. for example:

Coder writes a virus with their nick as a comment in the code.
Norton then discovers and detects it.
Coder changes his nick in the code comment to something else, rest of code (virus) unchanged.
Norton doesn't detect it.

(and that's not a fantasy tale, it happened here with some tests some years back)

Not the sort of app I'd _ever_ rely on

Make-A-Fee was the same too

Regards,

Ian
NOD32 with the real-time checking disabled. Unless your system's acting up you don't need to run constant scans of every file that's accessed or created. It's not to good on the drives either, having to waste time reading everything twice.
Currently installed:

Antivirus: Nod32 on my computer
ZoneAlarm Suite on the other

Firewall: ZoneAlarm basic on my computer, Router has a built in firewall
ZoneAlarm Suite on the other comp
Quote from NitroNitrous ::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: If you know how to use your computer, you don´t need any anti virus or firewall.

PD: A computer is more secure without anti virus than with Norton installed

Totally agree, I have trend micro pc-cillin, it´s too bad that doesn´t find any virus lol, as you say you don´t need any antivirus if you know how to use a pc.
Let me see, oh it seems that i have windows installed

I have karspersky but closed almost everytime
and nothing more.

About Norton I can say it is just a crap

(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG