The online racing simulator
Have LFS and a Webcam? Click here
(23 posts, closed, started )
Hello all,

I been looking on the internet and am trying to find some software that would allow users to use a webcam/there face to control the view of the car. e.g You look left in real life, the camera in the car looks left, I have found a one called Cam2Pan that works, but is very hard to use, and can be inacurate. There is also some other software called Nouse http://synapse.vit.iit.nrc.ca/Nouse/download.html which seems to be better than Cam2Pan but it wont allow us to use it unless we go to the website to register, if you can find the register button on the site, please post back so we can all use this to enhance our gaming experience, try them out, there great programs, and post back ur setup on the program to help us all get the best settings.

For this to work, enable Mouse pan in the View tab, in options on the game.

Please reply and let me know your thoughts.
i don't really think you should be posting cracks on the forum
Hmm, that sounds really counter-intuitive. I mean, when you turn your head to look right or left, you won't be looking at your monitor anymore..
Quote from the e rocker :i don't really think you should be posting cracks on the forum

Just being nice to help people
Quote from Jertje :Hmm, that sounds really counter-intuitive. I mean, when you turn your head to look right or left, you won't be looking at your monitor anymore..

but it works so that u turn your head a little bit, so you can keep ur eyes on screen, works great for me, just a little sensitive, but will work when i get my settings correct
Quote from [DaEmOn] :Just being nice to help people

its not really helping the developers that made it

and its illegal
Quote from [DaEmOn] :...(Crack for the full version available here)...

Please reply and let me know your thoughts.

You sir, are an ignorant twat.

Quote from [DaEmOn] :ok let me edit it saying there is a crack available, loook your self :P

If I understood correctly, if you post cracks to LFS you get banned. I wish the same mentality would be applied to any software.
Quote from the e rocker :its not really helping the developers that made it

and its illegal

ok let me edit it saying there is a crack available, loook your self :P
Quote from spankmeyer :You sir, are an ignorant twat.

did i ask for that? NO, was being helpful to all, if you dont like it dont read it, and no crack is there!
Quote from [DaEmOn] :You sir, want to give me your phone number and say it to my ear, ****ing bitch, ill **** you up!

Caught that before you edited.
Quote from spankmeyer :Caught that before you edited.

lol i was about to post about that too but i thought better of it :uglyhamme
Lets just get back onto topic, what do you think about the idea?

I think its great feature if it could get working properly?
really mature discussion above

But, back to topic yes. If this actually works it would be rather nice, and might save you some bucks for a Track-ir. I think I'll try it some time, see if it can come close to a track-ir setup but I have my doubts. The system of turning to left but having to keep facing the screen is a bit strange at first but most get used to it. It becomes a second nature. You know the test they did once were they gave a man some spectacles that showed everything upside-down. After a short period he was used to it and saw everything normal. Human brain is a wonderfull thing, although on this forum it sometimes doesn't show...

It works, you just don't want to have someone walking in your room because you look like an idiot

edit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtRW8XCDBz8
and there is a lot more to watch if you search for track-ir.
to be honest its a great idea but it needs more thought like somebody said above if you turn your head to look then you wont be looking at the screen, sure you can just move your head a little bit but its not very realistic is it so then whats the point?

just my thoughts
Quote from the e rocker :to be honest its a great idea but it needs more thought like somebody said above if you turn your head to look then you wont be looking at the screen, sure you can just move your head a little bit but its not very realistic is it so then whats the point?

just my thoughts

sorry if i misunderstood but wheres the difference to tIR?

i ever thought u also move your head at trackIR?!
The idea of trackir is the need for small movements of the head to "pan" the view around. Small movements wont focus your head away from the screen.
The problem is if the software mentionend above is sensitive enough?

But i like the idea of having a webcam as an alternative to trackir.

Someone perhaps (with a webcam) can try it out and let us know
#19 - Jakg
Quote from MoonForce :sorry if i misunderstood but wheres the difference to tIR?

i ever thought u also move your head at trackIR?!

TrackIR is £120, if you've got a webcam this is almost free
I have tried it and it does work. But there are issues.
First you better make damn sure you can lock the number of framrates your cam can record. The higher the better and I wouldn't recommend anything less than 30 fps.
Then you might wanna check your lights close behind you. Any and all light sources behind you will disturb Cam2Pan and will most likely bring it out of center.

And don't expect it to be flawless, cause it isn't, but it's darn good fun and it works just like the TrackIR, only not as smooth.
#21 - CSU1
Really folks, a setup like the one below would be 10 times more effective than both IR-track and the cam one, just replace the carrot with your monitor. Its all very silly imo tbh, sorry.
-
-
Quote from Chrester :The idea of trackir is the need for small movements of the head to "pan" the view around. Small movements wont focus your head away from the screen.
The problem is if the software mentionend above is sensitive enough?

But i like the idea of having a webcam as an alternative to trackir.

Someone perhaps (with a webcam) can try it out and let us know

You are able to choose your sensitivity. I have chosen the highest, and can move only a few inches, on the game it moves 90degreese left, which is perfect for me, getting used to it is my problem (thats with Cam2Pan)
I think its best that this stays closed.
This thread is closed

(23 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG