The online racing simulator
Help!! Track Ir4 £120 wasted
(10 posts, started )
-
sorry to hear that it seems you`ve got a defective unit. You may RMA it.
I dont have any problem with mine at all
It does sound like you've had a bad experience; but you'd be one of the few. I've had my unit for over a year with no problems at all; apart from when someone opens the fridge behind me... picks up the light as an IR source and suddenly I'm looking through the left window. :-)

Unit's been attached to the LCD monitor all this time... never fallen off.

Tracking within LFS (now with 6DOF with the latest test patch) has always been silky smooth for me.

I use it for all the sims I play... have been very happy with it.

If it's tracking properly within the software config, I don't know why it wouldn't track within the game. LFS, Nascar2003, GTL, GTR2... it all just worked.
edit: ok, I didn't read that right... so it broke just by falling off your monitor??? I knock mine off all the time but it doesn't get damaged - it's simply too light to break by falling 30cm... I guess you'll be able to get it replaced :\

ok, it soudns like you need more light filtering. Open the software, and find the Tracking display (with the three dots) from there you can open up some settings that include light filtering. Just bump that up a bit and give it another shot, repeat until it works.

Don't be put off by it, once there's no light interfering it'll be SMOOTH sailing. Also, don't forget that F12 centres the view... so when you sit down, look at teh centre of your screen and hit F12. One problem there is that trackIR overrides the keys so F9 & F12 displays won't work in-game - all you need to do is edit the TrackIR profile (again, in the software) and change the key presses to Alt+F12 to centre your view, for example.
I don't really use mine for LFS, although its great for flight sims like IL-2.

I do find occasionally that it will for some reason stare at the ground, and to get it to re-centre I have to move completely out of the FOV of the sensor and back again, but that doesn't happen very often. The actual movement is nice and smooth though, not erratic.

Make sure you haven't got any shiny objects behind you that are affecting the sensor. Use the View>Tracking menu to bring up the view the sensor sees - you should only see a black background with three green blobs (the reflective pads on the hat). If there are more green blobs, or red blobs then something shiny behind you is confusing the sensor and you'll need to move it.
sometimes you get a clear tracking display but it still messes up in game, which is when iv'e found that light-filtering will help.

IL2 rocks, can't wait for SoW
The tripod designed to grip an LCD monitor, has completely come off the tracking camera. There is a small plastic rod which seems to have split causing the camera to break off on its own (presumably heated up).

Both the retailer and Natural Point have responsed.

The retailer seemed to ignore the fact the I can no longer use the unit as the camera has come off. Natural Point just want to no the serial number and where I purchesed it from etc.

I'm hoping Natrural Point will respond with something positve.

I'm using a 32" LCD TV, I tried placing the tracker in the centre and on the left hand side. When it was still in one piece, the software showed only 3 green dots.

I used NetKar Pro which seemed fairly smoothish, but would not properly return the a centre position. GTR2 just went crazy and most of the time I was rolled on the side looking at the floor.
It's weird, cause it sounds just like mine when it picks up a stray light source. have you tried light filtering? What about turning the lights off altogether, just to test? I have a light in my room that affect my TIR, and I can't see it in the tracker window. Once I learned to switch that off before using the TIR I was all right.

Regarding centering, just map a key to your wheel or keyboard, I need to center quite often, and everybody else does too.
I didn't really get much time to change many settings as it broke after just 10 or so minutes of using it.

Everything in the prevew screens seemed fine, which is why I assumed it would work fine, until a tried some games.

I'll assign a button on my wheel for centering. In the mean time I will have to makeshift with some selloptape and hope it stays on.:scared:
have to say you're just unlucky.

say... like...

you didn't THROW it did you? hehe

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG