The online racing simulator
i dont know how to call it , ghost wreckers ?
today i had some races in fujitsu siemens cup , in one of the final laps i was hardly hited by something , in first moment i thought it was a racer behind me but ... replay shows diffrent
you should really see it , here is an replay

http://www.racing-challenge.or ... ro_round1_grid1_race3.mpr

it was on lap 4 , during the braking after the str8
im qualified to next round anyway but , i like to know how it happends cause it sucks
and that wasnt first that kind of situation...
please do something with

qstomeq
I haven't seen the replay, but it is possible that it could be a laggy player. Someone would lag out and then quickly appear for a brief second or less and occassionally it could cause some contact.
Quote from Tweaker :Someone would lag out and then quickly appear.

yes yes , i know what you mean , but it was something different
well , i watched the replay, and its strange.
the guy behind him wasnt lagging and wasnt close to him too.
like he said some kind of ghost crash.
Doesn't seem to be a lag problem indeed... this is weird.. I think the devs should really have a look at this...!
had a look at the replay and it looks like lag. Just watch the moment _just_ before it happens and watch from the car that's chasing you - you'll see your car gets damaged in the rear (see attachement) and then you are pushed off the road, a bit heavily, probably because LFS is trying to make sense of the situation. That's often the case with lag. The replay doesn't show him actually hitting you, but I think this replay isn't recorded by you? If you have your own replay saved, have a look there and you may see him bump into you.
Attached images
lag_bump.JPG
well , unfortunly i didnt saved that replay personally
but it could be a lag only , i cant see any other reasonable explain ot that situation

thanks
Generally, if a car lags out, once that car starts to slightly recover from its own lag, you see LFS trying to 'recover' it from lagging out, so it speeds up the car from its point of 'lag-out' and when the car is being put back into place where it should be, it is not always instant... meaning you won't see the car instantly be lag-free on the track, and be behind you as it should. It sometimes does sort of a 'ghost' recovery for a few split seconds or so.

What might have happened here was the person had quickly lagged behind you and upon recovery from the lag, it lagged again, kind of 'boosting' the car ahead. Because this looks to be like the fast corner from the BL backstraight... which means, the car behind you has a lot of speed recorded once the car started to lag and you were braking... so the lag kind of setup a target all on its own.

It is very hard to explain, but I see this sometimes (but still very rare), and have had a few hits of my own.... and even seen people in front of me get flicked off the track with rear end damage when I lag myself, when infact, my replay never shows I hit them. Think of them as lag spikes I guess. And with the combination of you braking (going slower) and the car behind that might have lagged (going faster), it seems like that could be the reason. LFS could have been late to update that particular car and read its speed, braking and overall position on the track.
Quote from Victor :but I think this replay isn't recorded by you? If you have your own replay saved, have a look there and you may see him bump into you.

Good call, didn't think of that!
This happened to me a few times. But I didn't bother looking at the replay because it wasn't a significant racing event. I just know that nobody was close behind me and the closest person said he didn't hit me. So whatever.
#11 - ysu
This did happen in our last league race too.
But we had both side's replay, and on one replay it was a visible hit (lag) the other showed the real positions.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG