The online racing simulator
Installing patches?
(19 posts, started )
#1 - Thoma
Installing patches?
I havent played for a while. A good while. Now I come back and find I cant connect to the server and I read it could be to do with the patches and the fact the IP has changed. So download teh W Patch and realise I'm still on U. So I download the U to V patch.

Move it to the LFS main folder and double-click and extract it. And it comes up with some Diagnostic error.

Whats the correct way to install it as I have never installed one for LFS. Is there another one I need? Also, the mirrors are weird. Virtually all are hosting Patch W... Only one or 2 have V.

So yeah, How do I install the patches? I want to get online again
Never mind trying to upgrade step by step.

Download and extract Live for Speed S2 ALPHA - FULL VERSION from scratch.

Here's a decent mirror: http://www.lfs.net/file_s2.php?id=53

From then on patches will be installed automatically as soon as they are released.
#3 - Thoma
Do I then just add it to the LFS folder and extract I guess?
You can put it anywhere you like, just make sure it extracts in your LFS directory, and then run LFS and it puts everything where it needs to be.
#5 - Thoma
Keeps coming up with 'D:\Documents and settings\Daniel\My Documents\LFS\LFS_Alpha_W.exe is not supported archive'

Hmm? I am useless I suppose lol.
#7 - Thoma
Ah-ha. I guess that should now sort it.

Thanks XCNuse and Felplacerad for your help! Downloading 7-Zip now.

-Edit- Still saying Not a supported archive :s

This is confusing me now.
You're downloading the self extracting exe, you must double click it and then it will extract its self into a folder you select.

It would have to be .zip (or .rar etc) if you were to unzip it.
#9 - Thoma
Quote from keiran :You're downloading the self extracting exe, you must double click it and then it will extract its self into a folder you select.

As far as I am aware thats what I am doing. Double clicking and a message pops up asking where I want to extract to. Select LFS and then that error message comes up...
Quote from Thoma :As far as I am aware thats what I am doing. Double clicking and a message pops up asking where I want to extract to. Select LFS and then that error message comes up...

err, u want to unzip into lfs.exe?!
if i got that right we have ur problem right there!
just unzip it into ur folder where is lfs.exe but do not select lfs.exe
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :err, u want to unzip into lfs.exe?!
if i got that right we have ur problem right there!
just unzip it into ur folder where is lfs.exe but do not select lfs.exe

I am selecting the LFS Main folder. Not the exe. Sorry for any confusion.

It always comes up with the same Error message, but depending on where it is. If it is on desktop then the \LFS\ is missed out and desktop is there instead etc.
I haven't tested if this is possible, but right click it, and use winzip (or WinRAR) to extract it to your LFS folder.

You really don't have to extract it to your LFS folder, just as long as all parts of it at some point make it into the LFS folder, for example, make a new folder on your desktop, extract it there, and then open your LFS folder and drag everything from the new folder into the LFS folder.

Test that and cross your fingers.
Win Rar and extract says theres no archives there.

Made a new folder and extracted it there and it did the same thing as usual. Rightclick, 7-Zip, Open archive, and it shows the place where it is (EG, If its in the LFS folder it shows all the LFS stuff plus it. If on the desktop it shows the desktop stuff plus it)

I bet its something really stupidly simple and something thats my fault and will make me look really silly after it.
Try redownloading it, possibly something corrupted it?
Quote from XCNuse :Try redownloading it, possibly something corrupted it?

The thing I dont get is though, I downloaded the U to V and V to W ones aswell and it does the same for them. So downloading them(it) again might not work and just become the same problem later?

Are there any normal exe's around to download? Lol.

-Edit- I suppose if I re-download LFS from the main site as if it was a first time it should work. As thats an EXE and I know I can deal with them! Lol. Will I need to unlock it again even though its on the same PC?

-Edit2-

Marvelous... Its the same type of file in a zipped file. Open zipe file. double click the EXE and it goes to that thing again. Why me.
did u use a different mirror?
and be sure to unpack it first.
I did, I took it out of the Zipped file and then double clicked the application and it does it still.

Would trying it on the other PC and then sending the files over to this one (Just one huge LFS folder) work d'ya reckon?
Thoma I have sent you a Private Message. Check your inbox ...
Checked it and am downloading it now.

Thanks dude. Will let you know how it works out.

Installing patches?
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG