The online racing simulator
Round 3 Complaints/Protest Post here.
please post any complaints here.

Remember that there are replays being hosted. Feel free to download them, have a look and maybe you won't have to complain anymore after watching ;-)

greetz

der butz
retracted by Dynofiend 18/05/2007 09.57 am
Please make legit complaints. You need to include the lapnumber and your point of view about the person who you think should receive a penalty for their actions.
Saying there was a darkish car involved isn't really convincing me that you did your homework on this matter, so i'm not really taking this complaint seriously.
If you do want a marshal to look at it, please provide more info.
Dont worry about it, i dont think anyone should recieve a penalty for it, but thats my point of view, i wanted to make sure if the stewards agreed. I was just trying to be sportsman like and submit an incident where i was accused of ramming someone.

Dont worry about it.

Ill withdraw the complaint
OK, I'm going to add my protest to this incident, or should I say incidents because the 2nd one was even worse

Lap 2, Turn 2.....

Dynofiend took me out of the racing line, I made a legitimate pass to the left and was shunted off...

After fighting my way up to Dynofiend again, on lap 10 just before Turn 1, clipped me again, then I tried to get past on inside of turn 1 and was clipped a 3rd time sending me tumbling down the field out of 2nd place with no chance to get back there

I believe my speed would have easily carried me to 2nd comfortably if not for these incidents.
#6 - Dru
Quote from tongey :OK, I'm going to add my protest to this incident, or should I say incidents because the 2nd one was even worse

Lap 2, Turn 2.....

Dynofiend took me out of the racing line, I made a legitimate pass to the left and was shunted off...

After fighting my way up to Dynofiend again, on lap 10 just before Turn 1, clipped me again, then I tried to get past on inside of turn 1 and was clipped a 3rd time sending me tumbling down the field out of 2nd place with no chance to get back there

I believe my speed would have easily carried me to 2nd comfortably if not for these incidents.

Tongey,

I will review these incidences later on and rule accordingly based on my findings

Regards,

Dru.
i have just come back from watching the replays and this is my view on the two incidents tongey has mentioned.

Lap 2 Turn 2

Niko had just passed me after he gave me a slight nudge going around t1. We then had a small contact again as we appraoach turn 2. I am concentrating hard not to contact Niko again and move back over to the line. Tongey has not passed me, but is level with me and on the outside of the turn and i do not see him. It is not a tenable position to make a pass under any circumstances anyway. We contact very lightly but tongey gets pushed sideways a virtual foot or so. As a result of this neither car is damaged. Tongey does not lose any position and infact remains less than half a second off my bumper for the rest of that lap.

Lap 10 turn 1

Tongey attempts to pass me on the straight but only manages to overlap the front of his car with the rear of mine by the time the braking point comes. He is again on the outside. As i am moving gently onto the racing line getting ready to brake, tongey does not give way, infact he is actually steering left towards me slightly, and his front left wing hits my rear right quarter and tongey loses control. Still out of control he fishtails into turn 1 and slides into me again (i have left space up the inside and gone wide as i can to prevent any impacts as hear him sliding towards me) causing him to be 90 degrees with the track. Zz0 then hits him when he is stationary causing him to lose 2 places.

I accept that the first incident was partially my fault, i should perhaps have left more room. However there was no loss of placing or time, and no damage was sustained and it was completely innocent on my part. I do not feel that tongey lost anything from this contact and i did not gain.

The second incident i feel was totally tongeys fault. He did not have sufficient overlap to have the right to corner, his front bumper was level with my rear wheel. He did not leave me enough room to take the correct position on the track. He steered towards me just before the impact rather than trying to take any evasive action even though he still has a good car width on his right side to use. He loses control of the car and still attempts to pass me on the inside while fishtailing and with his wheels locked and even then he is still not level with me. He skids into my left door, i do not move into him at all, and luckily i do not get pushed off the track, rather tongey gets pushed around. Zz0 then hits tongey which is what causes the loss of postion.
#8 - Dru
Quote from dynofiend :i have just come back from watching the replays and this is my view on the two incidents tongey has mentioned.

Lap 2 Turn 2

Niko had just passed me after he gave me a slight nudge going around t1. We then had a small contact again as we appraoach turn 2. I am concentrating hard not to contact Niko again and move back over to the line. Tongey has not passed me, but is level with me and on the outside of the turn and i do not see him. It is not a tenable position to make a pass under any circumstances anyway. We contact very lightly but tongey gets pushed sideways a virtual foot or so. As a result of this neither car is damaged. Tongey does not lose any position and infact remains less than half a second off my bumper for the rest of that lap.

Lap 10 turn 1

Tongey attempts to pass me on the straight but only manages to overlap the front of his car with the rear of mine by the time the braking point comes. He is again on the outside. As i am moving gently onto the racing line getting ready to brake, tongey does not give way, infact he is actually steering left towards me slightly, and his front left wing hits my rear right quarter and tongey loses control. Still out of control he fishtails into turn 1 and slides into me again (i have left space up the inside and gone wide as i can to prevent any impacts as hear him sliding towards me) causing him to be 90 degrees with the track. Zz0 then hits him when he is stationary causing him to lose 2 places.

I accept that the first incident was partially my fault, i should perhaps have left more room. However there was no loss of placing or time, and no damage was sustained and it was completely innocent on my part. I do not feel that tongey lost anything from this contact and i did not gain.

The second incident i feel was totally tongeys fault. He did not have sufficient overlap to have the right to corner, his front bumper was level with my rear wheel. He did not leave me enough room to take the correct position on the track. He steered towards me just before the impact rather than trying to take any evasive action even though he still has a good car width on his right side to use. He loses control of the car and still attempts to pass me on the inside while fishtailing and with his wheels locked and even then he is still not level with me. He skids into my left door, i do not move into him at all, and luckily i do not get pushed off the track, rather tongey gets pushed around. Zz0 then hits tongey which is what causes the loss of postion.

we have received the complaint from Tongey and will review the incident ourselves and post any findings etc etc
#9 - Dru
Quote from tongey :OK, I'm going to add my protest to this incident, or should I say incidents because the 2nd one was even worse

Lap 2, Turn 2.....

Marshalls ruling

In the incident on Lap 2, Turn 2.

Tongey is along side Dynofiend and as such Dynofiend does not give him space. I have watched the replay several times and despite Tongey not being visable, from Dynofiends driving position, all drivers have the responsability to know where other drivers are.

Verdict
Dynofiend receives an official warning for driving without due care and attention and is warned of his future conduct

ie.... look around you (Dynofiend)it is completely your fault that Tongey was run off the road, it does not matter if the racing line it to the right and he is on the left, switch backs are always very possible in these cars.

You have a responsability to drive cleanly and not affect other drivers but hitting them becausse you are spacially unaware of where they are

Marshalls ruling

In the incident on Lap 10, Turn 1.

Tongey is following Dynofiend closely along the straight and as such attempts the pass on the outside. His car is alongside Dynofiends. Dynofiend does not give him space and takes his normal corner line, this is not possible with another driver alongside.
I have watched the replay several times and this time Tongey is visable, from Dynofiends driving position, all drivers have the responsability to know where other drivers are.

Verdict
Dynofiend has already received an official warning for driving without due care and attention from earlier in the race.

Therefore the next warning is a time addition to Dynofiends finishing time for that race.

The marshalls have ruled that Dynofiends race finishing time will be increased by +10 seconds as penalty for this move.

This penalty will be seen in the official results which will be published later.

CASE CLOSED
thanks for looking at these, i apologise for hitting tongey and agree that i was totally at fault in the incident on lap 1,

i would also like to know, how you ruled that i did not leave tongey any space in the incident on lap 10, when there is AT LEAST a full cars width of tarmac on his right hand side and that you also clearly see that prior to the impact, i am moving to the right, he is moving to the left, and i am the one at fault even though i cant see him and he can clearly see me?

I have attached 2 images, the first is a second or so prior to the impact, i am going faster than tongey. Note the position of the white line in relation to tongeys wheel. The second image is at the exact moment of impact. Note that while i have moved to the right, tongey has moved to the left... who has hit who? Tongey also clearly has plenty of space to the right and had he used it, i would have been passed him and we wouldnt have hit because i was going faster than him all the way down the straight.

Please note im not trying to appeal against the penalty, im fine with whatever you have decided. However your decision to penalise a driver in my postion clearly raises issues for other drivers as to who is at fault in a similar position. Ie the driver who is steering 'more' into another driver is at fault, the driver who can clearly see another car and still has room to move out of the way without compromising speed or line, is entitled to steer toward another driver without fear of penalty etc?
Attached images
incident1.jpg
incident2.jpg
#11 - Dru
Quote from dynofiend :thanks for looking at these, i apologise for hitting tongey and agree that i was totally at fault in the incident on lap 1,

i would also like to know, how you ruled that i did not leave tongey any space in the incident on lap 10, when there is AT LEAST a full cars width of tarmac on his right hand side and that you also clearly see that prior to the impact, i am moving to the right, he is moving to the left, and i am the one at fault even though i cant see him and he can clearly see me?

I have attached 2 images, the first is a second or so prior to the impact, i am going faster than tongey. Note the position of the white line in relation to tongeys wheel. The second image is at the exact moment of impact. Note that while i have moved to the right, tongey has moved to the left... who has hit who? Tongey also clearly has plenty of space to the right and had he used it, i would have been passed him and we wouldnt have hit because i was going faster than him all the way down the straight.

Please note im not trying to appeal against the penalty, im fine with whatever you have decided. However your decision to penalise a driver in my postion clearly raises issues for other drivers as to who is at fault in a similar position. Ie the driver who is steering 'more' into another driver is at fault, the driver who can clearly see another car and still has room to move out of the way without compromising speed or line, is entitled to steer toward another driver without fear of penalty etc?

Put simply Dynofiend, that area that you speak of is past the white line which depicts the edge of the course, therefore if the only space you are allowing him is past that - well thats effectively the same as pushing someone else out onto the grass.

Reason why? well a about 100 metres on that tarmac disappears and is replaced with grass and a kerb and well the effects of pushing someone onto the grass and kerb (fully) to be braking and trying to make the corner is extremely dangerous.

Maybe you were not aware of the reason for the white line, the whire line indicates the edge of the track and the edge of the safe area..

I hope this clears it up.

Dru.
that makes alot more sense, i didnt realise there were areas of tarmac that were totally out of bounds especially as people tend to use the kerbs and other such extended areas of tarmac to brake in/on or extend/tighten racing lines and give each other space on etc. If i am ever in tongeys postion in future races i will make no attempts to avoid anyone also

cheers.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG