The online racing simulator
Logitech DFP and braking lag/throttle drop!!
From all the ranting and raving I have heard about the DFP from GT4 and LFS racers I finally decided to break down and buy one. I gave my old Logitech red Momo Force to my friend thinking I wouldnt miss it, but I am having problems with the brake pedal in LFS. It seems to lag a lot and is very sensitive. The gas pedal is fine, I can rev and hold the rev at any certain RPM, but if I wanted to do it with the brake pedal I cant. Theres only a few points that the brake pedal can find if that makes any sense. Even in the Game Controllers -> DFP properties, pressing the brake pedal doesnt respond as it should.

And every once in awhile(at least once per lap or two) I will have the gas pedal floored and in LFS it will just drop to 0%. I have to back off the throttle for a second or so then get back on it.

Did I just get a bad set? They were fine for the first hour or two playing, but now 3 days later I am having all these problems. Also, I find in the driver that there is no way to calibrate the wheel. So am I just fine with calibrating it through LFS? Even after calibrating it through there it doesnt help at all. Im probably just going to take the wheel back to Gamestop tomorrow and see if I can get a swap.
Your pedalpod is probably damaged, but before you'll take it back to shop, trythese 2 things.

1) If you didn't do it yet, download form logitech's website recent driverpack(there's no differece which model's driver you'll select, always you should get lgs465.exe file)

2) Try to connect your wheel to some other computer and check how it behaves.(don't forget on drivers!). If it still messes, you'll have to return it....

Hope this will help you.

C'YA SOON ON THE TRACK!!!
I am using the front USB ports on a POS dell so I will try the back ports and if I get a new PSU for my main rig before Monday I will try it on that. If it still acts up I will just take them back Monday. I miss my Act Labs pedals
I Have similar problem sometimes.

Mine seems to keep the brake stuck on, or does not press fully.

What seems to sort mine is a quick hard stab, and were back to normal.

Got to ring logitech to get new set, but ive already got 1 wheel from them, so now im using 2 (one for gas, brake, cluch handbrake) but worried they will want the others back :S

Marsden1002
Logitech has a very good waranty process. You have a problem with the peddles, call them and they will send ou a new set. They will not ask for the old set back. I now have two one I can rebuild and one that is working great.
i cant make my mind up now ive read this lol, what shud you get a momo or the dfp?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG