The online racing simulator
Random disconnects in multiplayer
I'm having this problem of getting disconnected from multiplayer servers without warning and without any kind of obvious network glitch, i.e. there's no packet loss either on my internal (wireless) network, or from my gateway machine to the server (I've been running pings and traceroutes parallel to racing to a server of which the admins were so nice and told me its address) and there's also no conclusive network debugging (Shift+F8) output in LFS.

The problem seems to have become worse in patches W9 and W10, but that's an entirely subjective impression, I haven't counted the disconnects so I don't have accurate statistics.

I'm running LFS on Windows 2000 Professional (SP4) and that machine sits behind a NAT router machine running FreeBSD and pf. Since I haven't had any problems of that kind in any other online games or network applications whatsoever, I'm suspecting it might be a Windows 2000 specific issue. Does anyone else run LFS on Win2k Pro and have similar problems?

P.S.

A phenomenon that's definitely new since upgrading to W9/W10 respectively is that sometimes, I connect to a server and get disconnected right after successfully joining (i.e. seeing the track). The network debugging output says "Initial Synchronisation Failed", the players in the server see a message telling them I've been banned. LFS will however automatically reconnect to the server until it succeeds (and I'm not actually banned either).
#2 - brasi
same problem here
Maybe your ISP is shaping connection over specific ports as they think it might be some P2P connection.

You said you tried packet lost but I guess via ping service.I think it check packet lost defaultly over port 80.Try packet loss with ports which use LFS.

Regarding the W9/W10 issue you should report that in "Test Patch section".
#4 - brasi
mm.. i'm waiting some response from ISP... apear to be that...

Early on the morning i have no problems but on the afternoon or night its imposible to conect
Evil ISPs and invisible, malicious traffic shapers are a nice catch-all explanation for every network problem conceivable, but unfortunately not at all helpful. One might just assume backbone overload or peering problems instead - all of which can be easily refuted by finding someone (geographically) near you and checking if they have the same problems.

At least Patch W17 fixes one of the problems I reported:

"Wrong screen message "x was banned" after an OOS disconnection"

Now what exactly is an "OOS disconnection"?
#6 - Davo
OOS is out of sync I tihnk. Happens when theres a physics change that's incompatible.
I found a workaround - boot Windows 2000 with /ONECPU in boot.ini (I have a PentiumD 805, dual core cpu), and voíla, no more disconnects. At all. Sadly, setting CPU affinity in normal mode doesn't help.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG