The online racing simulator
Pit stops (two suggestions)
(18 posts, started )
Suggestion 1: Ability to terminate pit stop early if needed. The termination would take about 5 seconds so the "crew" could pull away.

Suggestion 2: Pit stop "false starts" (didn't know how to phrase it) - Here's the deal: when you pit, even if you're in active gear (not neutral), you can't move! It's like the transmission gets disconnected from the wheels! I think you should have to hold the clutch or go into neutral to remain stationary if you're revving your engine. If you're in active gear and apply throttle, the car will move and the pit stop will be terminated.

Who's with me? Eh?
more control over pit stops would be nice, like being able to cancel some actions. so +1 for suggestion 1 or something similar.

but i don't know about the pit stop false start thing. irl can you move the car evenif ppl are working on it? anyway i doubt it'd add anything to the racing.
Quote from icyocean :but i don't know about the pit stop false start thing. irl can you move the car either if ppl are working on it? anyway i doubt it'd add anything to the racing.

Of course you can move the car. But I'm saying that we shouldn't be revving our engines in 1st gear (without clutch) near to the end of a pit stop.
Quote from icyocean :...

but i don't know about the pit stop false start thing. irl can you move the car evenif ppl are working on it? anyway i doubt it'd add anything to the racing.

Urm, if the car is engaged in gear with the driving wheels on the ground then of course the car can be driven... why wouldn't it move? The reason why cars don't move when pitting irl is probably due to the drivers not wanting to hurt/run over his/her pit crew.

Irl if the car is jacked up for a tyre change and you have it in gear with the clutch out, I highly doubt the pitcrew could change the driving wheels without inflicting extreme damage to equipment or person... just imagine what would happen to a person putting on a driving tyre if you drop the clutch with the car in 1st gear... bye bye arms.. ouch!
Quote from BlackSheep720 :Of course you can move the car. But I'm saying that we shouldn't be revving our engines in 1st gear (without clutch) near to the end of a pit stop.

oops i think i misunderstood, sorry.

yes revving in 1st gear wouldnt be realistic, so +1 for a way to prevent that
What if when you pitted, prior to the pit, you could select exactly what you wanted to be changed on your car.

Say your tires are going out and you're low on fuel, but you don't mind the tire wear too much, and don't want to waste time changing them. Three or so turns before the pit, you pull up a menu that lists all the things on your car that will be changed next pit, and can disable whatever you wish.

Pull into the pit, and they only change what you've asked them to.

If you really don't care what they change, then you just never open the menu.
This requires a complete reworking of the pit stop system, since at the moment pitstops changes are instant, then you just have to wait a varying amount of time before you can move. I'd agree we should be able to move, that's more realisitic. I don't see the point of early termination though, the whole scenario just sounds horrible. We should be able to pick what we want done via F12 and then just wait.
about the menu thing from which you choose pit actions: it'd be nice if we dont have to press arrow keys to use it. something like the 'buy' menu in counter-strike where everything is accessible through a certain key sequence would be nice. this way the driver can easily use this menu without being distracted from driving the car.
No one mentioned it yet? The reason you don't move even in gear during a pitstop is because of the autoclutch and the fact that clutch is not finished (thus autoclutch when stopped even if using a clutch pedal). That is all there is too it.
Quote from mrodgers :No one mentioned it yet? The reason you don't move even in gear during a pitstop is because of the autoclutch and the fact that clutch is not finished (thus autoclutch when stopped even if using a clutch pedal). That is all there is too it.

Nope, the reason you don't move is because you're held back like at the starts until the recent test patches...
+1 for sug1

I have another suggestion, set a numbers of pit stop (1 or 2).
Ithik that more easy to control pit stop is more inportant than more control with the pit stop
Quote from Jonas8431 :+1 for sug1

I have another suggestion, set a numbers of pit stop (1 or 2).

You have to do that yourself silly. Whadya think it's gonna be automatic?

Quote from scania :Ithik that more easy to control pit stop is more inportant than more control with the pit stop

WTF are you talking about? LOL
Quote :I think you should have to hold the clutch or go into neutral to remain stationary

but it could be a problem for player with too few buttons on their wheels, everyone would've to have a button for the clutch.

I think you should automatically shift in neutral when pitstopping, exactly like the false start system in patch X
My pit crew jack my car up every time I stop in the pits,(like with my tyres off the ground) That's why I ca'nt drive off.

What do you mean you've never seen any pitcrew?....
Quote from Nick Whitney :My pit crew jack my car up every time I stop in the pits,(like with my tyres off the ground) That's why I ca'nt drive off.

What do you mean you've never seen any pitcrew?....

What about when you only stop for fuel?? hehehe...
a pit for any player... not all pits for all players
the fuel, it's the last step in pit stop... but isn't real :|
Quote from BlackSheep720 :Suggestion 2: Pit stop "false starts" (didn't know how to phrase it) - Here's the deal: when you pit, even if you're in active gear (not neutral), you can't move! It's like the transmission gets disconnected from the wheels! I think you should have to hold the clutch or go into neutral to remain stationary if you're revving your engine. If you're in active gear and apply throttle, the car will move and the pit stop will be terminated.

Add to this keeping the brakes on when your tyres are being changed

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG