Running on Windows XP SP2

i can't really figure out the problem..

Help me
#2 - Jakg
Whats the refresh rate - sounds like vsync

Whats your CPU temp, try re-installing your drivers etc

Perhaps you've added some AA/AF?
#3 - EmilO
Well, i am using the same settings as always (4x AF and Best quality) but my dad told me that its because of the screen. Im currently using an Mirai 19" Widescreen monitor with 1440x900 in resolution, does that make such an difference? i used to have a screen with 1024x768 resolution and that worked fine..

CPU temp, that is as usual its not to hot anyway
Hmmm... that screen is the same total res about as before, so thats not it. Definately a driver or in-game setting, sounds like to me.

I had a similar problem with my ati drivers. Check everthing again.
#5 - EmilO
well, im thinking of reinstalling windows on this comp, do you think that will work? a total cleanup and install new drivers..
Quote from EmilO :well, im thinking of reinstalling windows on this comp, do you think that will work? a total cleanup and install new drivers..

if that doesnt work then u will know that anything of ur hardware is damaged
Sounds like it could be a buggy driver, or perhaps an actual monitor setting. Look around for Vsync, or anything to do with refresh rates, and check the LFS ingame settings for an FPS limit, and such things
~Bryan~
#8 - RaDuS
try scanning for viruses, mel-wear, Trojans and download ccleaner great for cleaning up a bit i run it everyday. just google (ccleaner download) when done install hit analyze then run cleaner
#9 - EmilO
Thats been done twice now, i have run both norton 360 and adaware with now odd results

but still i reached my worst ever yesterday 25 fps dunno whats the problem..
I would try different drivers.
Which one you using currently?
Quote from EmilO :Well, i am using the same settings as always (4x AF and Best quality) but my dad told me that its because of the screen. Im currently using an Mirai 19" Widescreen monitor with 1440x900 in resolution, does that make such an difference? i used to have a screen with 1024x768 resolution and that worked fine..

CPU temp, that is as usual its not to hot anyway

Mayby the graphics driver isn´t optimized for this resolution. But it´s not likely the fault.
How many frames do you get if you (for testing) choose your former 1024x768 resolution on this monitor? Make sure setting Vsynch is off.
hum.. tested that and i got about 100-120 fps but its very blurry so i think thats the problem..
yeh i have the same problem and i have a 7600gts graphics card and amd 3800 x2 dual core proccessor with 1gb ram don't know what the problem is i am now getting 30-45 fps, i usally get 100+
the brain can only register approx 21 fps. there is nothing to worry about
^Um..no. Because films are 23 to 29fps...and I can see differences between 30 and 60fps. So you might want to check that fact...
~Bryan~
After 14 fps the images will appear to blend smoothly (some what) but the controls may feel sluggish, aslong as you can play smoothly, i wouldn't worry. How many people/ai drivers do you race? Are you on autocross layouts? Do you have anything else running that may cause the slow down? If all else fails, use lower quality settings... Thats probably all you can do. Also, what version of lfs are you using? maybe try a newer or older version?
Quote from dropin_biking :^Um..no. Because films are 23 to 29fps...and I can see differences between 30 and 60fps. So you might want to check that fact...
~Bryan~

No why? i said that the eye can see roughly 21 fps. you said films are 23-29. my point remains the same....that there is no use in having 160 frames

"Few people perceive flicker above about 75 hertz. These rates would be impractical for the actual frame rate of most film mechanisms so the shutter in the projection devices is actually arranged to interrupt the light two or three times for every film frame. In this fashion, the common frame rate of 24 fps (frames per second) produces 48 or 72 pulses of light per second, the latter rate being above the flicker fusion rate for most people most of the time."

Wikipedia.org

Later on in the article....

"An average 17" monitor can reach 85 Hz, meaning that any performance reached by the game over 85 fps is discarded."

another reason why have 160 fps is useless.

i did my research, where is yours?
Sorry for trying to start an argument, you just made your first post sound like there is no point in having over 21fps because the eye can't notice a difference, when in reality there is visual differences between say 21 and 50fps, and from 50 to 60fps. Try capping your frame rate to 21 in LFS, then try capping it at 60, see the difference?
~Bryan~
Even though the eye cant register any faster than 2X. the input from the your wheel can react quicker than that. I can tell a visiual difference from 25 to 100 fps easily- and can feel the smotther input from the controller.
sure its smoother, but your eye is still seeing things normally (as opposed to say 3 or 4 fps) and this should not affect anything in the game. When i first started playing LFS, i played the demo servers with 10 fps and still managed 1.25-1.26 on blackwood with xrt. Which isn't exactly top notch but definitely good enough to compete with other players. Now i average 20-25 fps and without a doubt notice the difference from 10-20 fps but honestly, i don't think that if i got 100fps my times would be much better than they are. Racing with a mouse doesn't exactly help either.

P.S. Refering to what Dropin biking said, i too did not mean to start a fight and i'm sorry if it sounded like i was trying to. Only was trying to state an opinion
Closed by request of OP.
This thread is closed

45 Fps (lower than norm)
(21 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG