The online racing simulator
Should Be simple problem Please help
Hey guys i was installing some new ram to make LFS run better and i ran across a problem. I have bougt two sticks of ram but one of them does not work in slot 1 on my motherboard. I know that both sticks work but whichever one i put in the first slot ends up not working so i have concluded that the slot is faulty. This is fine as i have three memory slots but the problem is that whenever i put a stick of ram in the third slot the computer doesnt recognize it.

SO....

My question is how do i tell my motherboard to look for ram in slots 2 and 3 instead of 1 & 2? This seems like it should be a simple problem but i cant seem to find a solution anywhere. I am using a Jetway V600DAP motherboard if it makes a difference and running Windows XP home edition. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help
Sometimes it help to update BIOS but look at this motherboard its pretty outdated so it might be a problem.

Also sometimes the older motherboard cant recongnize the memory correctly thats why it seems it doesnt work.

What you mean by that it doesnt work in slot 1?
Di you try to set the memory timing and speed manuly for these sticks?Maybe the motherboard read wrong SPD from the memory modules and set up them wrong in BIOS.

These are the things which came to my mind right now.If the manual setting for memory doesnt help or BIOS then I am afraid the chipset memory controller might be wrong:-(

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG