The online racing simulator
UK anti-speeding movie
(65 posts, started )
Quote from sgt.flippy :This isn't for the faint of heart n'or the kids. But I saw this on another forum telling it's a new action against speeding. Beware, some people might find it shocking, watch on your own risk!

Personally I find it a pretty good movie for the target, because it really puts you to thought.

The movie

If many people find it too offensive, I'll remove it.

I thought the "drama" was too humorous to take the movie seriously (which I wouldn't, anyway).
Quote from luftrofl :I thought the "drama" was too humorous to take the movie seriously (which I wouldn't, anyway).

A lot of people do (obviously not here), but some people do find this offensive. I don't think it is, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it, but on the other forum some people found it a bit harsh.
All I thought was, "What a way to go... With your head buried in your girlfriend's [trails off into reverie]". Missed the rest of it. What was it about?
Guess what, today on my driving lesson I had a Ford Fiesta glued to my rear bumper in a 30mph zone, I was doing about 31mph and its a twisty busy road. So I dropped to 10mph when I got to a nice fast bit of road, if they love my arse so much then I give them a good view.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Guess what, today on my driving lesson I had a Ford Fiesta glued to my rear bumper in a 30mph zone, I was doing about 31mph and its a twisty busy road. So I dropped to 10mph when I got to a nice fast bit of road, if they love my arse so much then I give them a good view.

Yea, those Fiesta-drivers are such pricks
Speaking of stupidity, just 2 weeks ago some asian kid showed up to me whilst I was discussing about cars with someone else just for good clean fun. He was one of those FnF/NFS:U types that annoy me with his remarkable insistance that I was a complete idiot who knows nothing about cars or maximizing their potential. He pointed me to a nearby 2 lane 90 degree junction and insisted he could take it at 150km/h in his 3.0L V6 Corolla. Needless to say I had better things to do waste my time explaining the limitations posed by the amount of centrifugal force a tire could generate and the fact that cars just can't exceed their tire's grip. I just ignored him and next thing I knew he was gone for his attention seeking antics were an exercise in futility.

These are the kind of idiots that put all of us at unnecessary risk. Massive ego and blatant stupidity, coupled with absolute disregard for the laws of physics all add up to a dangerous mix. Just hope he doesn't get me or anyone other innocents trouble with his stupidity.

If they REALLY wanted a shock campaign, they should post a video of a RL crash at high speed, with all the mangled steel and bodies in FULL VIEW. NO CENSORSHIP! Hide no pain, agony, blood, gore and suffering. I'm so disgusted by the fact that modern society tries so hard to hide truth and reality from people. The real problem with people these days is that they so shielded from the consequences of their actions that they've develop no comprehension of cause and effect.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Heres the UK goverments thinking....Speed is evil and kills everything, pets are more important than people, Idiots are to be helped and protected and money solves every single problem in the world. That advert shows just about all of that, it was the speed that killed them, not the idiot overtaking in a bad place just before a junction, swerving to avoid a dog thus choosing to possibly kill several people instead...oh and how much do those adverts cost?

I'm pushing for an Anti-****ing moron advertising campaign, speed does not kill, idiots kill...no matter how fast they are going.

You and me both. "Speed doesn't kill people, idiots do." If they want target audience to listen, they should get GLC or Westwood (innit) to pimp their adverts.

At the moment they all show such contrived circumstances i wouldn't be surprised to see the next one have a comedy 16-ton pyramid-style weight drop out of the sky in front of the car. If I'm thinking that, then Barry Boy-Racer isn't going to take a blind bit of notice.
I just read a big article about a local road that they want to redesign in the local newspaper from yesterday. The study on the road design came about from a fatality of an elderly woman doing yard work in her yard.

The driver claimed he encountered another car travelling in the opposite direction. He swerved because he thought the other car was going to cut in front of him to turn onto a side road. The article blamed the way the road was designed and speeding. The driver swerved, ran through 3 yards and killed the elderly woman. He was cited for speeding, wreckless endangerment, wreckless driving, driving under the influence of alcohol, I can't recall the rest of the citations.

There you have it. Speed had nothing to do with it. The road had nothing to do with it. The guy was driving drunk. Sheesh. And they want to spend all the taxpayer's money to reconstruct the road. Speeding was mentioned numerous times in the article. So, was that speed that killed or was it the idiot that killed? Hmmm......
Quote from Christofire :You and me both. "Speed doesn't kill people, idiots do." If they want target audience to listen, they should get GLC or Westwood (innit) to pimp their adverts.

At the moment they all show such contrived circumstances i wouldn't be surprised to see the next one have a comedy 16-ton pyramid-style weight drop out of the sky in front of the car. If I'm thinking that, then Barry Boy-Racer isn't going to take a blind bit of notice.

GLC fronting an anti speeding advert would be amazing, one of my dads ex work collegues is in GLC. I think they are brilliant, they take the piss out of chavs and gangsta rap....yet all the chavs love them
Quote from mrodgers :There you have it. Speed had nothing to do with it. The road had nothing to do with it. The guy was driving drunk. Sheesh. And they want to spend all the taxpayer's money to reconstruct the road. Speeding was mentioned numerous times in the article. So, was that speed that killed or was it the idiot that killed? Hmmm......

It was the fault of the bird that accidently flew over over that spot Marvelous how they can blame the construction of the road after a speeding drunk crashed there. And in this case, the speed did had fault in the killing of the woman, if he drove a bit slower he wouldn't have to cut through 3 yards So it's a bit hypocritical to say speed had nothing to do with it. If a person not under influence drove the same speed there and crashed by an error he'd still kill the woman while it could have been avoided. And anyone can make an error at some point.
Speed in itself can't hurt you. In fact, there are many circumstance that lack of speed can be extremely dangerous and possibly fatal. For instance, lack of airpseed over an airplane's wings casues a deadly condition known as "stall".

What really kills is the sudden lack of speed, i.e:

Force = mass x rate of change of momentum

F = (m*dv/dt) + (v*dm/dt)

One can build massive bridges and even move mountains, but never defy the laws of physics.
Quote from Jamexing :If they REALLY wanted a shock campaign, they should post a video of a RL crash at high speed, with all the mangled steel and bodies in FULL VIEW.

We already had a commercial here showing a RL accident that occured in the province. You see the car at high speed, getting air, and really crashing. The guy died. But we didn't see any bodies or whatever, so, .
Well am never going sit on a wall after seeing that not joking i feel so sad looking at the girl well you go over speed limit YOU pay the PRICE.

UK anti-speeding movie
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG