The online racing simulator
just the opinion of one of the tailenders caught up on the front of the race 2 grid.... its quite scary through those first few bends as you know people will be trying to clear you like your a chicane instead of another car.
Quote from mikey_G :Nice page dude

edit: btw, you're missing the css file in the stats directory

i knew something was wrong with it, but it was getting late/early, another thing for the to-do list
@Paul - sorry, my comment does seem a bit nasty reading it back, I didn't mean it to be. I was referring to:
Quote from PaulC2K :Having to watch for their 'racing lines' and brake points and stuff so you dont get blamed for causing an accident... its just damn frustrating.

I know you're a good driver, you gotta be to be in Mercury but what you said sounded a bit weird. Anyway, I didn't mean to offend you so, sorry.
Paulie is one of the founders of mecury along with viper and someone else, not to sure tbh.
Quote from Leifde :@Paul - sorry, my comment does seem a bit nasty reading it back, I didn't mean it to be. I was referring to:I know you're a good driver, you gotta be to be in Mercury but what you said sounded a bit weird. Anyway, I didn't mean to offend you so, sorry.

np, wasnt quite taken as you being nasty, just couldnt quite understand what it was that it was in reference to me saying/suggesting.

That particular comment was more about the predictability that you have when racing with people your confident around, you trust them to be responsible for their car as they do of you, but the further down the field you go the less predictable the actions of the driver. I think most people know the ideal line, but staying on it consistantly is the issue, its certainly mine in the faster cars and TBH even the UF1s without some practice and a successful rhythm built on that line. So the 'frustraiting' part was just about the fact that typically you have to be on your toes and much more aware of their actions than someone faster. You should always be carefull and observant but the likelyhood of something 'unexpected' happening is far greater with someone you cannot predict as easily.
Thats part of the reason for the chaos of the starts, they certainly add to a fun element and i'll admit coming through the field *successfully* is a huge buzz, but its also stressful when your braking way early because the guy infront brakes earlier or gets it sideways and you have to back right off because of it and possibly lose places cos of someone elses 'silly' actions.
It was intended as a frustraition because of the higher risk around those drivers than the ones your a more even match to, though everyone has a right to be where they are and hold onto that placing it is quite frustraiting knowing the car infront isnt anything like as quick as you and is lapping slower trying to hold a place they'd be lucky to hold more than a lap or 2, so they're effectively slowing themselves down and delaying the inevitable, and for me theirs a frustraition involved in it.
OT - Years back in a in-house team series, i'd finished 2nd and had st0rm behind me for the 2nd race (reversed order) who'd just won, i knew there was no way i could keep him behind me for 15 or so laps round FE Club (me XFG, him XRG) so off the start i let him through and focused on staying behind him and using him to get me past other drivers whenever possible.
I knew 2nd was a more realistic target and making sure i didnt waste time trying to hold him back and instead focus on passing everyone i beat first time round. Thats my logic to racing, there was a possibility i could have won, but the probability was extremely slim so i did what i felt would help me get the best result i could, which meant allowing a distraction to pass and put my focus on people i knew i could beat. Spent ages disagreeing with Viper about my reasoning for letting him go, but i know my limits and i drive to those. Maybe thats my issue with slower drivers trying to hold me back and hold that position, i have a different attitude (while still respecting other peoples) and combined with the unpredictability sometimes i creates a frustration for the situation.

Peckah (and for the record, he's not called pecker because of the 'cheer up' reason ) it was mostly Viper that started Mercury up, but involved a few of us in it more than others until a few things were established, Nick (slocus) being the other probably more-so than me for a couple of days or so at the beginning. Not that i really understand why were discussing this here
Although I am proud of the fact that im the slowest Mercury driver, and know i wouldnt get in if it wasnt for the fact that they were stupid enough to let me into the old Memphis-Bleek team and i think they just wanted a (V) website and didnt have the heart to tell me to FO afterwards

Mikey: well thats kinda news to me i guess. We have a lot of drivers and they're involved in a lot of things, so i guess its only more likely that they're going to have something to say about things, good and bad.
I also agree'd with you on the feet thing, thats why i said it was the only reason i could kinda associate myself with, having a drink or toilet trips can be done beforehand really.
#58 - Dru
Quote from FOGlegsy :And theres more in the gallery you can also leave comments

http://www.piston-broke.com/gallery/

I think your website is fantastic and completly covers the spirit that this cup is run with...

WELL DONE PBR, I think its great. I will also try and get a link put it on the LFS News page to go to your excellent pages.

For those of you who are interested, I'll do some more photos/postcards and upload them later
Quote from Dru :I think your website is fantastic and completly covers the spirit that this cup is run with...

WELL DONE PBR, I think its great. I will also try and get a link put it on the LFS News page to go to your excellent pages.

For those of you who are interested, I'll do some more photos/postcards and upload them later

Thanks Dru, but if it wasnt for you guys running this event i would have no pages, ive been there before running championships in R factor last year, it takes time and a hell of alot of it! so BIG respect to you guys you are doing a stellar job

cya thursday!
yes dude the webby page is cool well done

in the race i even moved over for someone who was a lot faster lol cant remember who

good series so far keep it up
Quote from Dru :It's got nothing to do with losing time i can assure you Paul,

Regarding this matter,

What i do not understand is Franke came out of the corner and whilst he is still in the corner i have alreay started to move to the left to cover the approach on the straight, i did this every lap by the way, but why after Franke have left the corner he still came over to the left i don't know, maybe it was he had this move in mind or thought i would stay right - no idea, but he moved, then rather than lifting and losing momentum he still tried to go past me when the door was already closed. However i get the feeling that you leave half a cars width and someone thinks they can still go for that gap, run there wheels onto the grass then have a go at the guy in front for racing his line.

The lap earlier LArssen and yourself had got to my inside cleanly (as i tried to move across too late) i tried to close the door between you too but there was not space and Larssen was already on my inside (level with my rear tyre, then i have to conceed the place, i can not move across and i didn't and you were already alongside me so i also had to conceed the place, would have loved to have got in the slipstream of larssen but you were already there. it's much easier to defend when the guy doing the passing is on your outside for the next corner.

I've watched the replay several times and can not still understand why going down the straight when we are running parellel to each other that franke lifts very slightly then steers gentley intome whilst by my back qtr panel, this in my opinion is not a move to the out side and also can not be considered a general mistake as i've watched the first 5 laps of franke and hes very very clean with everyone else he has followed through that time and had been closer and not tagged anyone else, therefore i can not understand why this move was made.

If it was a genuine attempt to go to the outside then i accept that and let the matter drop however my gut feeling was something different and that it was frustration for not beeing able to pass out of the last corner, becuase i'd already covered his move to the inside, also i do not consider running someone into the pit wall when i closed the door at the last corner exit point whilst franke was still in the corner and not even along inside before his car was over lapping mine, surely that just a move to defend my position legally, ie 1 one per straight, i made it immediately and then over the course of the straight was moving back to the racing line as is my right.

Regards,

Dru.

Sorry to dig up an oldish thread here but I need to clear this little mess up, this is also part of the reason I quit the series. I tried to come along side you on the left, but you refused to give me room to sit side by side and thus forced me over onto the grass.

I then decided not to pursue on the grass and was about to lift off and turn back into your draft. At this point I went to tell my teammates on TS, well basically that you didn't leave me any room and basically I just cussed alot. To do this I have to hit the mouse wheel to talk, You'll probably notice me change down somewhere this is when I do it. I didn't brake and if there was any contact well it wasn't intentional in the slightest, I had a better exit on the corner I believe and I had more speed with the draft so my idea was to come in on the inside.

So no I never went to push you or spin you round or anything, I simply gave up on the idea of you letting me past so I slowed to get back into your draft to regain the lost pace as a result of slowing down. Then the final bit was your braking maneuver at the chicane, given that 30 seconds prior you tried to push me off onto the grass, I interpreted this as a move to get me off the track. Although it probably wasn't but yeah, you get the idea now.
#62 - Dru
Quote from Rooble :Sorry to dig up an oldish thread here but I need to clear this little mess up, this is also part of the reason I quit the series. I tried to come along side you on the left, but you refused to give me room to sit side by side and thus forced me over onto the grass.

I then decided not to pursue on the grass and was about to lift off and turn back into your draft. At this point I went to tell my teammates on TS, well basically that you didn't leave me any room and basically I just cussed alot. To do this I have to hit the mouse wheel to talk, You'll probably notice me change down somewhere this is when I do it. I didn't brake and if there was any contact well it wasn't intentional in the slightest, I had a better exit on the corner I believe and I had more speed with the draft so my idea was to come in on the inside.

So no I never went to push you or spin you round or anything, I simply gave up on the idea of you letting me past so I slowed to get back into your draft to regain the lost pace as a result of slowing down. Then the final bit was your braking maneuver at the chicane, given that 30 seconds prior you tried to push me off onto the grass, I interpreted this as a move to get me off the track. Although it probably wasn't but yeah, you get the idea now.

Well, thanks for the explanation i think we have both explained our sides and both think that the other person had 'more intentions' than they did.

I see know with the help of that explanation that you were not trying to do what i was 'accusing you' of. I fully retract any of those statements and comments that may have been made on this forum.

Hopefully also the same would be true of your side and that the move to block down the striaght was early, but i'd already commited to that line, the same as you had alreay commited to passing left, then the following lap i braked at the chicane, i had a rubbish setup that night but i broke for the chicance nearly ever lap...

i'll tell you a story...

in the practice nights prior to racing me and Mikey G raced there lots along with a few other ZWR..

I could not get that chicane correct in the reverse order..

if i broke - i got therough, if i didn't i rolled it...

now the problem was that mikey if he was behind me would ALWAYS roll after i braked, because he would say 'dont break there' but if i'm not comfortable doing it with out braking i'm going to brake, and also i told him if i'm ahead of him it's my decision to brake for a corner or not, its not brake testing as i have to genuinely brake every lap for that chicane, until my tyres get warm enough or i manage to remember and get the 'feel' of the corect line.

I hope you understand from the above that braking at that chicane was a 'normal' action in my driving style, also i think the few laps before i had Paul or Viper behind me if you see it from there views you would see that i was braking every lap (or at least more often than not)

also they would get me in the next corner due to my lack of momentum caused by me chickening out and braking every lap

Regards,

Dru.
Quote from Dru :I hope you understand from the above that braking at that chicane was a 'normal' action in my driving style, also i think the few laps before i had Paul or Viper behind me if you see it from there views you would see that i was braking every lap (or at least more often than not)

Yeah, i noticed that very early on and it was quite off-putting, i know i mentioned you were doing it over TS to try and make sure the other guys didnt get caught out by it, it certainly caused me trouble because i was lightly braking for something i didnt really need to and couldnt stay tight enough to you for the last corner to make a pass down the straight. Of course the lap i move over and let viper through you went wide and by the end of the straight he'd passed you and i was still stuck behind you

Glad to see this matter resolved anyway
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG