(28 posts, started )

Poll : Is this a good idea for the stereos

Closed since :
No
Yes
I dont care
Ill think about it
Radio
I was thinking... especially for cops and robbers servers. Maybe you could make the radio like... if u played your music... other ppl could hear it ... like if u turn if up real loud. I dont know if you guys would do it but maybe it could be an addon someone makes... Back on subject... like if u turn up the bass really loud... u could hear it... it would add alittle realism... thanks for reading

What does this have to do with racing...?
not everyone grips... it would come in handy while drifting to show off ur car too
You want to "show off" a virtual car with no costume parts, just paint schemes...? No offense, thats just sad.
Quote from neglouseight :You want to "show off" a virtual car with no costume parts, just paint schemes...? No offense, thats just sad.

costume? wow... er i think u meant to say custom... and no... it would be cool ... i just want opinions... i doubt the devs will do it though
Of all the pointless things! Sorry, but this is totally the wrong game for that idea. Try the NFSU forums (wherever they are).
It's called teamspeak 2.
Oops, sorry for the typo.
You can go on a teamspeak server and play music through your mic, and annoy the piss out of everyone that way.

Like others said, this is a racing game. Sorry if you want other features which have nothing to do with racing, they will not be included. They will also be met with harsh comments on this forum.
Meh..maybe a personal radio. But the lag of sending music literally in real time would be so strenuous on my poor connection that I would feel left out.

But sure, if it was a racing game, why do we need good looking cars? Why not just boxes with wheels that change according to the model you choose? And why have team skins? And about graphics, why have graphics improvements? Why not just revert them to 0.5Q and keep the phyisics we have?

So maybe we could use a few more addons, but this wouldn't be a very smart idea for the time being.

Maybe in-game music, and a radio that displays the song you are listening to? Eye candy, that's all it is. Who knows what the devs have in store for us?
Having decent graphics gives you a better picture of what is happening, and increases the immersion. Having a stupid radio so loud the other peoples' cars shake and rattle does not increase immersion in a racing sim; rather it detracts from it.

I think you missed the point, Critical Drift.
See similar threads:
Engine Sound Idea
Custom horn file

Nobody want streaming music, but a user definable 3D-Sound will be nice. With Team speak u never can make a 3D sound. It must be like the horn and the engine sound bundled with the car and if such a car pass you, you will hear a short time some music, and you hear the direction where the music come from. Team speak spamming is absolutely a different thing. This mean the sounds will be saved in a horns-x folder, or better a music-x folder, but i know that many people dont wonna horn-x folder and engine-x folder. Furthermore is it a copyright-problem to share music which you not self made.
#13 - JJ72
I fear what kind of "music" we will be forced to listen.
I said no to this idea, because it adds nothing to the racing aspect of the sim.

The only way it would work is if it used the same method as Battlefield Vietnam. Everyone has the same tracks installed by default, so when the vehicle passes you, your own mp3 plays. They're in sync, but other than track position there's no data sent. And if you added your own songs, it just played a random track from the ones available. And in BFV the doppler effect was cool, but made songs sound weird.

But essentially pointless, and presumably the reason it wasn't included in BF2.
Quote from MAGGOT :
I think you missed the point, Critical Drift.

Sorry mate. I was tired and I had way too many coffees and colas
#16 - joen
Pointless and silly suggestion. Besides, the music would have to be streamed to all the players resulting in a bandwith devouring process.
Not to speak off the copyright infringement it would cause.
WINAMP
#19 - joen
it really whips the lama's ass
Sorry but thats a fair gay idea.
No, race cars don't have radios. I'd be happy to see the horn removed as well (race cars don't have them either).
this idea is so powerfully lame, it makes some of the other stupid ideas people have had seem almost ok.

and btw, there is no such thing as a "gripper", or "gripping", and using such a term makes you look stupid. the proper words are "race car driver" and "racing".
I voted yes.. but not for the whole thing.

I wouldn't mind having a way to play my mp3's in the car, because to my knowlage there isn't a way to control my winamp while I'm racing in-game...
LFS isnt a family-trip game, but BEST SIMULATOR ever made... Do u saw somewhere in a race car radio ? :biggun:
Quote from neglouseight :Oops, sorry for the typo.

to be honest, it's right both ways.

Costume parts would be like costume jewelry, trashy trashy trashy with no substance.

Radio
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG