The online racing simulator
For abuse other players' skins of demo players, devs can prevent it by
disallowing demo players save the skins to disk.

The purchase value is that you can show skins to everybody without have to
ask every demo player to download it. Considering the user group, the demo
player group is absolutely bigger than licensed player group. What now S2
license can do is give you the ability to show skins in a smaller group.

To: Beandip
Sorry for misunderstanding your meaning. It's true that demo players aren't
owed anything. But why would game devs provide good demo versions to
demo players? Attract them to buy it, for sure. In other words, the devs
are responsible to the market, and demo players are the potential market.
So it's not that simple by just saying "they aren't owed anything".

To answer whether demo players own the demo version game, one can just
think if the LFS devs can force those demo players to delete the copies of
the demo game from their harddisk.
Sorry but I don't agree that demo users should be allowed to automatically download skins from lfsw. I paid to be able to use this feature and in doing so have partially covered the bandwidth costs incurred by the developers. It's just not necessary.
Hey, I'm speaking from a point of view of a S2 licensed user. Considering the
group of licensed players and demo players, absolutely the demo players
group is much bigger. What now S2 licensed users can do is just show
skins in a smaller group but can not do it in a bigger group. It's the benefit
of S2 players but not the demo players. To make it clearer, try to ask yourself
if you really want to prevent demo players from downloading your own skins? I
think most S2 licensed players will answer no. That's the starting point.

Paying for something good does not necessarily mean that demo version can
not have those things. Last year, we still have to pay for the features of
current S2 demo version. And think about the success of CS, it's the pleasure
of operating on net attract so many players.

For the bandwidth cost, only devs can decide if it's worth or not to spend
higher cost to catch more registrations.
I'm not saying it's a terrible idea, I just don't see much reason to cater any further to demo users. I'm sure they make some pretty darn good skins themselves, I also think it's going to be a fairly rare situation where S2 licensed drivers are on demo servers. You might then say this negates the bandwidth issue but it also means there's not much point doing it in the first place.
The other important point to consider is if you log on to a demo server it's not connected to lfs world in the same way as S1 or S2 servers. No stats are logged and racers aren't logged either afaik, whether you own S2 or not your just another demo racer as far as lfsw, the server and other demo racers are concerned.

Anyway I'm sure the devs have seen your suggestion, if they feel there's some merit to it I'm sure they'll at least consider it
#30 - Fiiu
I was wondering, after reading all these messages, who would buy a game just to get/see the skins? Who will play the demo just because there would be these cool skins? How about the game itself, are demo racers really interested in the game? They, who like the game, will buy it for sure. If there were skins or just plain colored cars. The game, not the eye-candy. Right?
Quote from Beandip :By quoting "demo players own nothing," I presume you were referring to my post, since I don't see anything else very similar to that posted by anyone else. But read my post again. I said that demo players aren't owed anything. There is a difference.

You can expect whatever you want, but this isn't a communist regime. This is an international market. To get something, you must provide something of benefit (without this, there is no legal contract). Purchasing S2 is obvious: In return for paying 24 pounds, you get a license for the game. (Note: You DO NOT get to own the game. You get to own a license for one primary copy of it. The developers still own the intellectual property and the copyright.)

That said, demo players also do not own the demo. The demo is still the property the developers; they simply distribute licenses for the use of the software for free. The benefit you provide in return is the chance that you will pay to purchase the full version. It's advertising. It's not a contract. There are no legal obligations.

LOL what an explanation. So!?

Ok ok i'm quiet, maybe some yungsters find something new in that post...
#32 - Gunn
This conversation has gone around more times than an FO8 at the Kyoto Ring.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG