The online racing simulator
'laps-remaining' style lap number display
now we have a lap number display which display the current lap you are on as well as the total laps of the race, on the upper-right corner of the screen.

i think an alternative 'laps-remaining' display format which displays the number of remaining laps of the race would be handy, because iirc currently you dont know what lap the race leader is on thus cannot tell when the race is actually going to end.
+1, I wouldn't mind having this option. (I'm the kind of guy who sets his Winamp to count down the seconds left in a track.)

This would be better for timed races as well (unless those already count down... can't really recall).
You still wouldn't know how many laps remaining if the leader was ahead of you. I've never seen a racing sim/game that changed the laps remaining when you went a lap down. Any that I've played, it still displayed lap 8/10 when you finished 2 laps down for example. The lap count is the laps in the race, not the laps you have until the finish. That is what a crew chief, team leader, or what ever you would call them is for. To tell you this info.

A "crew chief" would be nice. NR2003 did that very well with the spotter. He told you lap times, half way lap point, x laps to go, whether you were racing the guy in front or he was a lap down, same with behind, etc.
Seems like it'd be pretty easy to have the laps left change based on how many laps down you are. I mean... the easiest way would be to just base it on the leader's laps-to-go for everyone.
+1 for the option.

I wouldn't use it, but I hate it on football TV overlays that the clock counts up. Don't get me started, FIFA would need to be sensible and change the laws to stop the clock when the ball goes out of play .......
+100

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG