The online racing simulator
starting
(32 posts, started )
starting
I found this site after purchasing a logitech momo wheel. Great i thought i can try it out but....... to a 70 year old it's impossible. I initially tried to download a demo but couldn't find the link so in my infinite wisdom??????? i thought perhaps if i invested £12 i could maybe get somewhere, but no I still cannot get a go. Zipped folders which i can't find and totally confusing instructions have done my head in. I must admit defeat and go to amazon and buy a cd which will be more straightforward. If there is anyone out there who can speak the Queen's english and can give me good advice i would greatly appreciate it but i am not holding my breath
#2 - kompa
Hello and welcome

In all simplicity - click this link to download LFS. Put in on your desktop so you can easily find it and double click it. It will then extract itself. All you need to do now is to start LFS from the folder you extracted it to by double clicking LFS.exe.

Hope this helps, just ask if you need any help.
Are you talking about lfs?
If you are (this is from memory so may be a little wrong)
  • Go to www.liveforspeed.net
  • Click download S2
  • Pick one of the options to download (preferably one close to you)
  • Save that file to your LFS folder
  • Unzip the the file you downloaded.
  • Open lfs.exe
  • You will have a locked version of lfs, which will be locked to the demo of 3 cars and 1 track, you can go on singple player and pick one of the three cars and a combo for that track. I notice you have S1, which there aren't many s1 player anymore most are s2. If you click unlock s2, type in your name (rogthedodge) and the password you choose and it should unlock s1 content for you.
Hope that helps

P.s. Welcome to lfs.
hi.
Download this file below
http://www.liveforspeed.net/file_s2.php?id=71
Once it finishes, double click the downloaded file.
Open the main Live For Speed Folder
Double Click the file called "LFS" or "LFS.exe"
To unlock you will see near the left bottom a button labled "unlock Live For Speed" or similar
Insert your username, and your GAME passord, not the password you used to login to this webiste.

Hope this helps.

Steve

[edit] Too Slow
starting
Kompa you are a star many many thanks works a treat just have to configure my steering wheel now once i've rested the grey cells ..if i have any left... If you see me on the circuit just toot your horn as you pass, if you have one , once again thank you
A 70 year old racing LFS? Are you serious about your age?

All I have to say about that is.... AWESOME BUD!!!!! Welcome to LFS S2!!!
Quote from mrodgers :A 70 year old racing LFS? Are you serious about your age?

All I have to say about that is.... AWESOME BUD!!!!! Welcome to LFS S2!!!

No age limits here, just ask little Shaun!!
I have also been trying to get my dad interested, and he is 75.
He has done a few laps, not bad at all, and he is an absolute wizard at setups!
I'm pretty sure we've got a couple of other septuagenarian racers around, I just can't remember who they are.
#9 - RaDuS
thats awsome i hope to see you on gl with the download
70 year old starting
i must thank all of you who offered advice its much appreciated. Yes i was 70 may 5 and still have all my faculties, well most of them, there are a few which are teetering on the edge but there you go thats life. I,ve worked my way through to the MRT? a nippy little mota that is doing my eyes no good at all but eh its fun and thats what its all about.
Quote from rogthedodge :i must thank all of you who offered advice its much appreciated. Yes i was 70 may 5 and still have all my faculties, well most of them, there are a few which are teetering on the edge but there you go thats life. I,ve worked my way through to the MRT? a nippy little mota that is doing my eyes no good at all but eh its fun and thats what its all about.

So, do i gather from that post you have your wheel all set up properly then?

Enjoy LFS, hope to see you on track sometime
Congratulations on the fine purchase! you will love LFS
Hello and welcome to LFS!
#14 - Dru
Yeah Hi there, however i see that your investment has only gotten you S1 - was that deliberate?

S2 is a much larger game with more cars and tracks available, also there are LOTS more servers playing S2 for you to come and race with us all
People are old as their spirit, but "old" people what I've seen are always afraid of new things and computers. I know we had gentlemen around their 60s, but 70 is new record, tip of a hat.
Quote from Blackout :[/snip]
I know we had gentlemen around their 60s,[/snip]

Oi!!! Who are you calling a gentleman?? I'm no such thing...

SENILE DELINQUENT if ya don't mind!! :gandalf:

(j/k)

Just to ask, what is your favourite car?
Nope, mine is the LX6...
Quote from Branden3113 :The GT Turbo obiosly, thats evreyones

No, it isn't at all. Maybe it's a favourite car to all of you Demo racers but not for S1/S2 licensed racers. XRT isn't the most fun car, it's not the fastest car in TBO, it's not the gold middle either.
Quote from Blackout :People are old as their spirit, but "old" people what I've seen are always afraid of new things and computers.

I remember once going out while my computer defragged, and I asked my mum to turn it off "in a couple of hours" when it was finished. She looked at me like I'd asked her to pilot an aeroplane.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I remember once going out while my computer defragged, and I asked my mum to turn it off "in a couple of hours" when it was finished. She looked at me like I'd asked her to pilot an aeroplane.

Ahha!
I get that from my parents all the time as well, they don't quite grasp computers just yet...
Welcome to LFS!

I said welcome to LFS! LFS! ELL EFF ESS! LIVE FOR... the game! Welcome to the game! GAME!

Yes, I'll have a cup of tea thanks.

Obviously I'm just taking the piss. Welcome to the community
i've read all your comments with interest and thanks. I have now upgraded to s2 licence unfortunately when i log on i'm still S1 perhaos it takes a while to sort itself out. I tried to get through to those in charge, whoever they are but all i get is page unavailable. It may take a while but i'll get there eventually.If you see ROG1 on the track give it a wide berth you have been warned
#24 - Jakg
Try locking and then re-unlocking it
When I bought S2 (I did the same as you, bought S1 then bought S2 later on) it took about 2 hours to actually unlock because of master server problems. It might take a while.

Jakg's suggestion should work though.

Welcome to LFS btw!

starting
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG