The online racing simulator
Patch for more steering lock?
Im not sure if this has already been done...

I notice on the faster 'super' cars they dont have as much lock as the XR GT Turbo. The XR GT has 36 degrees of lock and it makes it a good car to slide, where the faster super cars only have 24 degrees which is far from enough to hold decent angle.

Can anyone make a patch so all/most cars have 36 degrees? I cant see it a big problem to make.

#2 - Woz
Quote from Dan_24 :Im not sure if this has already been done...

I notice on the faster 'super' cars they dont have as much lock as the XR GT Turbo. The XR GT has 36 degrees of lock and it makes it a good car to slide, where the faster super cars only have 24 degrees which is far from enough to hold decent angle.

Can anyone make a patch so all/most cars have 36 degrees? I cant see it a big problem to make.

No, a patch cant be made.

All cars have different lock becaue that is how it is in real life. Race spec cars do not need big lock because they are designed to be driven within optimal grip.
Maybe some day the devs will make a drift car but right now all the cars in LFS are made for racing, and that is their main purpose.
Nobody but the devs can make a patch, and it is not possible for some one to create a mod to give you more lock.
Quote from Woz :Race spec cars do not need big lock because they are designed to be driven within optimal grip.

I don´t think so, more steering degrees are always better and can prevent the completely lose of a car by an accident. I guess that the less steering locks are made because the steering gear is then not so heavy. The setup possibility to choose less steering locks is just made for people they use keyboard-steering, because they over-steer fast.
But i guess that this suggestion is just a improvement of LFS-Tweak because IRL the cars have also different steering locks.
Yeah fair enough. It is a racing sim afterall. Was just curious.

ALOT of my mates use it as a platform for drifting (as you would probably know), and would be great to have a dedicated drift car, with some decent power

But again, I understand its a racing sim so it probably wont happen.
sorry i was wrong, posting deleted
#7 - herki
Race cars usually use less steering lock, simply because they can't use more, because they have to fit quite big wheels in the wheel arches and with the low suspension settings more steering lock would cause the tyres to rub against the bodywork and get broken. I am all in for more steering lock for all cars - as soon as your tyres can be severly damaged by the bodywork.
Actually, the race cars have less steering lock because of either packaging constraints (e.g. insufficient wheel well space) and in normal racing conditions they don't really need much lock.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG