The online racing simulator
Blackwood cones are huge!
(30 posts, started )
#1 - axus
I was looking at a screenshot yesterday and realised that blackwood cones are about 5/4 the size of a BF1 tyre! They're enormous, I think they should be about 2/3 of their current size.
Some cones are big in LFS yes, but there are cones that big in reallife

They are more like road construction cones... well maybe not this big
#3 - Gunn
I've seen cones bigger than that. Why, when I was just a boy we used to live in a cone, and anyway, the amount of space inside was...
Quote from Gunn :I've seen cones bigger than that. Why, when I was just a boy we used to live in a cone, and anyway, the amount of space inside was...

small!!!

They are tall, not to wide though in BL
And I was dreaming about 3m cones, so.... while it means nothing, I think it would be good if cones were normal sized
normal? what makes a cone normal size? the ones in my garage that (i have no idea where we got them from lol my sister stole them from somewhere) are about 1 meterish tall
If you had 'normal sized' cones, you know how small they'd be and hardly visible out on the track?

They are at this size in LFS for a reason methinks
For me there reason in most sims are bad proportions of objects-track-cars.

In Poland normal cones used on the roads are 50-75cm. Like THIS

I believe in US they are smth like 2m high and don't really know what cones are used on tracks
Attached images
6.jpg
Quote from pasibrzuch : and don't really know what cones are used on tracks

because they are alot easier to repair than walls, and dont make as much of a mess of a car that slides into them
The cones in LFS are also filled with led
Quote from Blackout :The cones in LFS are also filled with led

Lol try running over a cone in real life sometime :P,Jerks the vehicle around pretty good if you run over it with a wheel
meh who cares bigger objects to see
Quote from Pootie :Lol try running over a cone in real life sometime :P,Jerks the vehicle around pretty good if you run over it with a wheel

Sure, but drive head one with one in LFS with moderate speed. Feels a bit too heavy for a piece of plastic versus several hundreds of kilos.

Nice bump btw.
Quote from Blackout :Sure, but drive head one with one in LFS with moderate speed. Feels a bit too heavy for a piece of plastic versus several hundreds of kilos.

Nice bump btw.

I don't feel anything at all... just a slight tap? LFS just flicks them off the ground like little crumbs.... they are weightless.

Pootie is right when it comes to hitting a cone in LFS... and in reallife the cone should be REALLY hard and get stuck under your car most of the time.
Well, there was this layout game by Fel I think. You had to drive around track and tip (crash) over the cones on the racing line. I admit that it might have been a bit extreme situation, but the cars were totally put off when you drove them hard, well might have been because the repeated hits, but still it seemed a bit weird.

Of course, there a plenty of different kinds of cones in real life, from light small ones to big heavy ones used on on motorways. And we have no idea what LFS cones are trying to be.

Does anyone have an idea how much could a cone weight?
A normal cone of a meter high should be no more then 5 KG's.

I should know coz i have to lay em on the kart track when setting up for each race. (bloody heavey when its 20 stacked on each hand, and hard to balance lol)
I seriously doubt that you can hold 20x5kg=100kg in each hand!
mabe i should edit tht, 20 in total, 10 on each hand,

Brain faided there
Quote from James Montgomery :mabe i should edit tht, 20 in total, 10 on each hand,

Brain faided there

10 is still quite a bit, i just about dead lifted 57KG and my mate who is a boxer only benched it 3 times...

On topic, the cones are find, the bloody barriers need sorting out! i'm fed up of hitting em and flying 100 ft high
Quote from wheel4hummer :Standard traffic cones in the USA are alot bigger then they are on blackwood! Look at these pics:
http://www.ahmct.ucdavis.edu/index.htm?pg=Cones

But these are for highway purpose.
It's sad that there are so many homeless people on this forum Leave other country, go to US! Then you will be able to tell what are standard cones, what are highway cones and many other interesting things
Quote from pasibrzuch :But these are for highway purpose.
It's sad that there are so many homeless people on this forum Leave other country, go to US! Then you will be able to tell what are standard cones, what are highway cones and many other interesting things

I don't understand your broken english. Maybe you can get someone who speaks polish and english can translate? I don't know whether to feel insulted or not by your post...
No ofense, don't worry. I just found it funny that many people leaved their homelands and moved to ocean or smth. Other country...
So how dare You talk about standard cones in US&A when you don't live there? There are no race tracks in ocean so come on man, there are plenty of countries to live
the what now?.....
LMAO, all this jiberish reminds me of my english class

And 100 KG to balacne together, its hard but i just cope.

I agree that the walls need sorting out aswell though, it is annoying when I fly 100ft into air, curbs could probably need sorting out aswell, it is the only track that can make a single seater do a barrel roll when I hit the curbs.

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG