The online racing simulator
Trojan
(8 posts, started )
Trojan
Ok, while I was installing some of the Asus software for my mobo, my computer got a trojan from the CD. I got a warning from Kaspersky and where the file was from. Turns out it was on the CD and in my temp folder from running the CD. What can I do now? The computer is so slow and unresponsive. Would re-formatting it do the trick? If I reformat, would I lost info I used to have?
re-formatting would lose any documents (music, images etc.) you have had on your PC. If you want to save them, put them onto a external hardrive, then when it is re-formatted, put them back on. Try getting rid of the trojan first though. Scan it with and anti-virus software you have. I suggest nortons or AVG. After, scan it with a adware program (ad-aware SE, AVG Adware etc.) to make sure your comp is completely clean.

Hope this helps, and give us an update when you have done all that.

Frenchy
Find the trojan, figure out what it is (dont delete it, if you do it'll just come right back), reboot into safe mode, then find it, then delete it, and you should be fine.

All that adaware trojan fix crap can't do it, if the trojan is running, windows will NOT delete it, people are just fooled because they believe those programs will solve all of their problems. Not true, just reboot into safe mode and delete it and everything you believe could be it, and then after restarting in normal mode you should be fine.

Reformatting is going a little to far though, that would wipe out your entire hard drive, and that is pointless in almost all cases, unless you have absolutely nothing (personal files wise) on your hard drive.
#4 - RaDuS
Just Reformat to the date when your computer was up and working fine you may have to re-install some things though.
Oh good point RaDus, but it is not reformat, you can try a 'System Restore' (what Radus is referring to) to an earlier date, but chances are it may not work.

Either way, what I have said is the safest, fastest and easiest way to fix the problem.
Well, I didnt do what Frenchy sugested just to tease him.

I did what XCNuse and RaDuS sugested instead. I already knew what file it was on booted up in safe mode and deleted the file. And then, just to be safe, I did a system restore to a day earlier. Computer is perfectly fine!
Might scan it now to see if anything else might be wrong
#8 - RaDuS
awsome glad i helped. hope to see you on the track soon

o yes system restore forgot what the name was :P thanks mate. i hade to system restore awhile back to but yea it usually fixes everything haha. reformating is if your comp is messed beyound fixing but yea going to watch dog the bounty hunter bbl.

Trojan
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG