The online racing simulator
my 1st skin comments pls ok?
#2 - Sm0k3
thanks i will try to change the lights
c'mon comments... comments!!...
#6 - Ian.H
Quote from Drifteris LTU :c'mon comments... comments!!...

My 10 year old has made better skins

And no, I'm not being sarcastic, look at the quality, whether you're an "artist" would be neither here nor there as it's just a couple of lines and some crappy low-res sponsors, even the straight lines are of shitty quality... how you managed to achieve that is well beyond my comprehension.

The lights on an XRT are also popup lights, not stuck to the front

Regards,

Ian
thanks for the comment Ian.H ! im now making my seccond skin and i've learnd some new triks i will put it here !
Blunt as always Ian but true, the sponsors are low resolution and the lines a jaged. I don't know what program you use but if you used photoshop (or similar that can open .eps files, i think paint shop pro and GIMP open them too - i may be wrong though) www.brandsoftheworld.com is the place to go for decals, just search and open any size you want always in high res good quality.
Also there was a decal pack thread in the skins section which i posted up a high res rs*r logo LINK They are .psd format but if you want it is another format pm me
#9 - Ian.H
Quote from Drifteris LTU :thanks for the comment Ian.H ! im now making my seccond skin and i've learnd some new triks i will put it here !

Put in a slightly more friendly nature this time, look at the diagonal lines you have to break the colours up.. they have a white matte area too rather than just being the colours required meeting together nicely. Not sure why that effect has happened, but it makes it look "cheap".. sorting those bits out would make it look a whole lot better to start with

The sponsor logos look like you scaled them up to be bigger from small images and the effect is a very blurry representation. I'd suggest looking at places like Brands of the World and La Logotheque to download high-quality logos that can be resized without loss of quality.

Good luck with new skins

Regards,

Ian

EDIT: Greboth.. the bluntness was deliberate this time.. after reading the OP's thread about how someone almost _must_ make a rollcage for the XRT for him and the "demanding" 'commment!!!' text here, I decided that blunt was obviously the way communication was best acknowledged in this case.. but have tried to explain a bit more friendly this time as the reply above was quite (unexpectedly) pleasant
hey guys im finishing my skin now could you tell my where can i get high rez. tribal vynilys?
P.S. sorry for bad english
Quote from Ian.H :EDIT: Greboth.. the bluntness was deliberate this time

Wasn't a critism at all (more an observation) and i agreed with your points. People do need the flaws pointing out so that they can better themselves.

Quote from Drifteris LTU :hey guys im finishing my skin now could you tell my where can i get high rez. tribal vynilys?
P.S. sorry for bad english

The only way i really know how to get tribal 'vinyls' for lfs skins is to find one you like on a car vinyl site at a reasonable resolution then scale it up and re-make the 'vinyl' in higher resolution.
and also watch out which decal you use, TRD and NISMO on the same car is just weird
i didnt use any of those decals on my seccond skin
New skin looks much better already

I may have a few tribal type graphics on a textures CD, I'll have a look later.

Regards,

Ian
Second skin looks alot better, tow points though
1) the tribal vinyl thing needs to be re made to remove the jaged edges
2) Need to take into consideration skin compression ratio's - basically the skins are squares while the cars are not, meaning any decals or objects on the side of the car will be stretched length ways so you need to make them narrower. I will upload a picture to show it better than i can explain.

Edit: Picture added, for this i used about 80% compression
Attached images
compression.jpg
Ian.H thanks! im already making my 3rd skin but this one is not going to be out soon i olny comleted 2 sides of it and much work needs to be done ! i know in this pic the vynil look low qality but it looks normaly in game
pic:
hey Greboth how do you compres decals?
Quote from Drifteris LTU :hey Greboth how do you compres decals?

Depends what program you use, i used photoshop and free tranformed it (Ctrl t) and at the top says percentage and just made it 80% wide leaving the other 100%. As i have only ever used photoshop for skinning i don't know how you do it in other programs.
i use paint.net its realy easy to use !
i found out how to compres decals with paint.net Ctrl + r

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG