The online racing simulator
Maybee LFS Maybee my PC
(11 posts, started )
#1 - DJMOZ
Maybee LFS Maybee my PC
Since yesterday i load my pc up and go on LFS then after a while i get disconnected for no reason and have to restart my pc to go on LFS and i have gto do this over and over and im not any good with PC`s really,

Also sumtimes my internet does it?

i think this is all due to my m8 messing with my internet settings cause he cudent get on connected but i just dont no what to do

is there any free stuff i can download to repair my internet ?

Please help as i am a noob with PC's
#2 - DJMOZ
Judging by the young lady in the avatar, I would say forget the PC, spend more time with her!

OK, well first hings first. Do you run through a firewall? Do you run the PC with a router? Have you tried disconnecting everything internet related and plugging in again?
#4 - Osco
Quote from jayhawk :Judging by the young lady in the avatar, I would say forget the PC, spend more time with her!

+1

unless she happens to be family, in that case, ship her to me instead
whats up?
Are you sharing an internet connection with another computer? Sounds like your loosing connection to the net and if it does it in multiplayer then it's possible your loosing connection to the net.
You have posted in wrong section.Moderators please move this thread to Technical assistance.

What your m8 was doing with you internet setting?
What you meany exactly with internet setting?Hardware or software?
Is it a wireless connection?
#8 - DJMOZ
yes im wireless and no im not sharing a wireless connection, i dont no exactly wat my m8 did witht the settings but my wireless isent secured cause i dont no how to secure it ?

itsdoing my head in i have to restart my pc every 20min or less
try to connect your PC from Wireless router with cable instead of
WIFI.Test it and you can narrow where the problem is.I would definately test connecting PC to net hardwire.
Quote from DJMOZ :yes im wireless and no im not sharing a wireless connection, i dont no exactly wat my m8 did witht the settings but my wireless isent secured cause i dont no how to secure it ?

itsdoing my head in i have to restart my pc every 20min or less

I don't think its internet or wireless settings that are making you restart your PC, or LFS, it sounds more like something is crashing.

You should secure your wireless otherwise people can use your internet connection for free and it's possible that, that could be making you timeout, still doesn't explain the have to restart though.

To secure your wireless you need to change you wireless network connection to "shared" and use a WEP.

http://www.practicallynetworke ... pport/wireless_secure.htm

You can ignore everything and read point 4 to start with.

Use google to understand some more, there are loads of guides and explanations. You can also try System Restore to go back to the settings before your mate messed with it.
Try to reset your router? Look through the manual, and see how to reset it. Might fix it. Look online (when you can) google your router and see what you can find in forums with similar problems. How far are you from the router? Maybe it is not getting a good signal?

Maybee LFS Maybee my PC
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG