The online racing simulator
Round 2 Pre-race
Hows the practising going for everyone? I'm down to about 1 second off the WR on a fast lap, consistently about 1.2
PBR will be running a few test laps tommorow in the evening, hopefully we shall be nice and consistant for thursdays races
#3 - mr_x
Not started practicing yet... Although after 10 laps of running I'm usually within .5 of WR pace
Quote from mr_x :Not started practicing yet... Although after 10 laps of running I'm usually within .5 of WR pace

So you started on -50 laps for round 1?

I guess the new layouts will keep the times more like the WR time as otherwise you can take a non-hlvc route and be quicker in the last sector
#5 - Dru
Quote from PaulC2K :So you started on -50 laps for round 1?

I guess the new layouts will keep the times more like the WR time as otherwise you can take a non-hlvc route and be quicker in the last sector

Yup, the layout has been used over the weekend and the ZWR team have not seen any increase in times, infact over a 30 lap race run i've managed to get my PB down from mid 54's to almost 53.

Reverse is still a pain, but heck, got 3 days left for that

The barriers on the last chicane will only stop the blatent cut and will make people (nee force them) to be more respectful of passing at that section.

Any pass attempt will have to ensure that the guy on the outside is given room to also pass the barrier, therefore i expect to see a lot of close battles thruogh that section.

Anyhow, catch you guys on the track

Regards,

Dru.
Quote from PaulC2K :So you started on -50 laps for round 1?

keep in mind that chris was born on fe club on the backseat of a uf1!

#7 - Dru
Quote from Belain :keep in mind that chris was born on fe club on the backseat of a uf1!

thats better than being conceived on one
booooooooooooooooooooorn in a uf one, I was... boooooooooooooooooooorn......

lol

With the layouts installed you have to be really really careful though! The barriers won't forgive any mistakes, they could even make you div-1-full-throttle-shredders lift if there is someone next to you. Those who drive into the bales accidentally (and under full braking) will receive no damage, those who try to overtake using the crowbar will fly like little uf angels.
I think the best opportunity to overtake is still falling behind before the 90° right hander, gain speed on the downwards chicane, carry that speed through last corner and getting the guy on the straight.

race clean, have fun

der instructorbutz
#9 - mr_x
Quote from Belain :keep in mind that chris was born on fe club on the backseat of a uf1!

that German got it right!!

I'm crap at FE1r though :P
#10 - Dru
Quote from mr_x : that German got it right!!

I'm crap at FE1r though :P

me too - i blame the dodgy setup i have... it's called FE1RChris needless to say its tweaked ALOT since then HEHEEH
#11 - mr_x
yeah that'll be an FE1 setup with reversed cambers
#12 - Dru
Quote from mr_x :yeah that'll be an FE1 setup with reversed cambers

hmmm and the rest - your gearing sux to be honest.... LOL think my fastest is a 54.50 something, hardly D1 pace, maybe i should just concentrate on grabing pole for the sprint and making it as wide as possible :P
#13 - Dru
Quote from LFSn00b :I'm under 2 seconds off from WR, not bad for me, i've only driven 29 laps on that combo

excellent preparation as ever eh
I've hardly done any laps... *checks LFSWorld*

EDIT: 29 laps at FE1, 64 laps at FE1R
#15 - mr_x
hmmm laps at (with UF1):
FE1 = 1876
FE1r= 39
You think you've got problems
FE1 58 laps
FE1R 4 laps

Time for practice me thinks
I'll be on the servers sometime tonight. I'm hoping others will too so we can get a rough idea of where we fit in
#18 - mr_x
yep I'll be on them at some point, probably around 8pm (UK time)
#19 - Dru
Good Practise everyone

See everyone later on, remember Qualifying will start sharply at 19.00UTC (which is 20.00 UK and 21.00 Mainland Europe)

If you come to the server late you CAN start qualifying ok, just remember do not block people going in and out of pits..

If you miss Qualifying but you get there before the lag start you may join the back of the grid.

If you are really late for whatever reason and the race has started, you CAN NOT join mid race. You are free to spectate and can join the back of the grid for the Sprint race.

Also the Lag start will inviolve, 1 complete lap of FE1 for the feature race and 1-2 laps of the FE1R sprint race to ensure people have sorted everything out

Best Regards and happy racing,

Dru.
in the 5 minute break is it not possible that we could move straight onto the 2nd track and allow those who want to the chance to do a few minutes practice, instead of having to sit there waiting on those with those with the bladder of a 90y/o for 10min bored out of our skulls?

If a server message is put up in the middle of the screen saying '5 min break' then everyone knows its still break time, can even change the message every min or whatever so people know.

Just seems stupid sitting in a chatroom waiting, dunno about everyone else but thanks to teammates i managed to get 3 laps round South City in another instance of LFS after i got fed up of sitting round waiting. I can put them on seperate monitors so I can keep an eye out too, but i dont see the harm in either sorting the order out then moving to the track for a 5min break or going straight to the other track for a 5min break then ending to sort the order out.
#21 - mr_x
to be honest I think the break should be extended to 10 mins... give us G25 owners with the brake pedal a chance to rest our left foot! :P

Also I quite like to get up for 10 mins after a race and forget about it for 10 mins and get some fresh air.
Last round I decided not to do that, but instead making the lag start of the second race last 2 or 3 laps. I remember that you asked me to put the server on so2, but I considered it unfair to people who want a pee break, or rest their feet.
Seeing as you fire up another instance of lfs and get back into groove for the other track anyhow if we have a long break, I will ask dru (race admin for tonight) to make a short break, and a longer lag start to make it fair for all, and not some.
Quote from PaulC2K :in the 5 minute break is it not possible that we could move straight onto the 2nd track and allow those who want to the chance to do a few minutes practice

+1 for that
I withdraw from the league, I don't have the patience to drive with slower unfair/unfriendly/unclean drivers.

Ciao.
#25 - Dru
Quote from Rooble :I withdraw from the league, I don't have the patience to drive with slower unfair/unfriendly/unclean drivers.

Ciao.

Thats a shame

It a pity that you have labelled people ''unfair/unfriendly/unclean'' when you have had a bad race and your moves don't work out the way you planned.

Regards,

Dru.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG