The online racing simulator
Atmospherical Improvements
(78 posts, closed, started )
It seems like you got more input than you can handle.
Someone Mentioned UFO's ??? now that'd be sweet!

(i was kidding)

Seriously though. I really enjoy everything about LFS so far, it is by far the best driving sim i have come across
(if only it had the GTLegends soundtrack and graphics to go with it... wow!)

The interface of the game itself is fine. an interface needs to be easy to navigate, and functional, which the LFS one is.

If the quality of the physics and dynamics of the game isn't enough to blow your mates away (remember this is an Alpha not a released game), then we dont want them here.. simple as that

oops... sorry.. i didn't mean to sound like i was speaking for the whole LFS community -- i'm sure many agree tho
Well, it's nice to see the same point being made twenty times by twenty different people. I think he's had enough of a kicking now.
#54 - Jakg
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :When I started this thread I just expected input.

then why are you bitching when someones inputs disagrees with yours?

I don't think most people here give a sh*t if your demo or S2, but you keep going on about it because your in a historically "abused" group, it reminds me of "is it 'cos i'm black?"
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :That is where you said that I was complaining about being treated unfairly as a demo racer.

Where does it say anything about you complaining about it? It says it has nothing to do with you being a demo racer. Period.

Quote :And historically is just as it is, historic. The point is, if you can only think of people from how they previously acted to you, you probably keep tabs on people and your enemies probably tend to stay enemies. But I don't care what you think .

People who have a reputation for being an idiot, crazily enough, usually are. If you wish to change you reputation, then put thought in your posts. If you don't care about what others think, then why do you defend yourself so readily? My enemies stay enemies unless there is a reason for them not to be. If someone acts like a jerkoff to me, I'm obviously not going to like their company. If they change, and act like a civilised person around me, then they will I will have no problem with them.

Quote :And if you find it so annoyingly irritating and horrible for me to post about some idea that you dislike, I understand, it was a bad idea, but does that mean you have to throw a hissy-fit?

I had no hissy-fit, I stated my opinions on you. I didn't whine or complain about how you talk to me or anything stupid, I said my opinions. I didn't know thinking and posting something different from you was a hissy-fit.

Quote :And I didn't ask for any special treatment either. If you look at someone by their reputations only, then I imagine you get along with the cool kids in grade two.

I don't hangout with people because they're 'cool.' I hang out with those I get along with. Some are popular, some are less so; they're status to others does not concern me. What I think of them determines my interactions with them, not their social standing. If the biggest 'loser' in school was the only guy I found cool to talk to, he'd be my only friend and I'd be fine with that. If all the people in the popular crowd had half a brain and could use it, I'd talk to them.

It's good that you don't care what others think; seriously. I will say this, in this thread you have started to put some thought into your posts. Good for you. The fact that you defended yourself without resorting to childish behaviour has already altered my view of you, and erased some of your reputation in my eyes. Still more to go, but it's a start.
Quote from mkserve :Someone Mentioned UFO's ??? now that'd be sweet!

(i was kidding)

Seriously though. I really enjoy everything about LFS so far, it is by far the best driving sim i have come across
(if only it had the GTLegends soundtrack and graphics to go with it... wow!)

The interface of the game itself is fine. an interface needs to be easy to navigate, and functional, which the LFS one is.

If the quality of the physics and dynamics of the game isn't enough to blow your mates away (remember this is an Alpha not a released game), then we dont want them here.. simple as that

oops... sorry.. i didn't mean to sound like i was speaking for the whole LFS community -- i'm sure many agree tho

That is true. I was just wondering if anyone wanted more, uh..market? (dunno the word :razz But yeah, I don't have a problem with the game itself, I love it, I just wanted to know if there was a way to increase the market this game appeals to.

Quote from Jakg :then why are you bitching when someones inputs disagrees with yours?

I don't think most people here give a sh*t if your demo or S2, but you keep going on about it because your in a historically "abused" group, it reminds me of "is it 'cos i'm black?"

Nah, I didn't say anything about me being 'abused', and I am not really bitching. Thanks for your input anyways.

Quote from MAGGOT :Where does it say anything about you complaining about it? It says it has nothing to do with you being a demo racer. Period.

I didn't know thinking and posting something different from you was a hissy-fit.

Er. I think there is some confusion. I thought that you said that I said that I was being mistreated for being a demo racer, when I didn't say that. *dizzy *

And I have no problem with anyone not sharing the same views as me, in fact, I encourage that in a discussion.

And about me not caring what others always think: I used to honestly be paranoid with other people's views, and when people insulted and impersonated my team. But now I just ignore them, since I realized that by my team getting angry, the impersonators are having more fun. Okay, so I am sacrificing a bit of reputation, but I'm used to it and I didn't make a team to impress others, just to have fun . I guess that is my attitude now, I defend my points but I won't really go extensive on it anymore.

Sorry if I offended anyone, once again.

~CriticalDrift
the snow idea is interesting me it should be in norway and sweden i tells ya
i can see where he is going with his idea and i can see what other people are saying but what i say goes ok NO ARGUMENTS

we need to be able to have Team Socca matchs with gole posts and a ball that we ram out cars into to score points (like Top gear socca)

PS. i really dont want that but i could see it being amusing for like 5mins of fun
Quote from MAD3.0LT :i can see where he is going with his idea and i can see what other people are saying but what i say goes ok NO ARGUMENTS

we need to be able to have Team Socca matchs with gole posts and a ball that we ram out cars into to score points (like Top gear socca)

PS. i really dont want that but i could see it being amusing for like 5mins of fun

+3 from me... anyone up for writing a mod? LMFAO!!
Has already been done by Fel and filur.
Quote from son-of-satan :the snow idea is interesting me it should be in norway and sweden i tells ya

I would like having to fight the slipperiness

Quote from MAD3.0LT :i can see where he is going with his idea and i can see what other people are saying but what i say goes ok NO ARGUMENTS

True, it would be fun

With the physics in Live For Respect, it could spawn some really funny things. Like, a mini-games part of the game. And then imagine online gameplay .

But that would completely change Live For Speed, maybe not for the best

Quote from zeugnimod :Has already been done by Fel and filur.

Huh??

Sorry i'm lost
Aw man I guess it only works with s2
Yes, its on the Drag Strip.

(No, I wont say it )
There is a drag strip in s2?!?

Dang now i want it so bad!! Can someone show me a picture of the Drag Strip? (And then maybe a picture of soccer being played on the drag strip )
There's two dragstrips actually, a standard 2-lane and an 8-lane (forwhatever reason...)
._. Wow! That looks cool!

It beats dragging down the strait in blackwood

The graphics are a bit off in that picture, but otherwise it's just getting me hyped up for s2
(that's because that picture is from S1)

Have you ever been to www.liveforspeed.net and looked in the Cars & Tracks section?
No heh

Sorry

That looks cool
#71 - col
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :Hm? Well guess what. **** you bud.

Thanks anyways, but they don't give a shit anyways. I have a ****ing reputation here that people seem to hang on to.

Reputations once earned are hard to shake... you don't seem to be making any effort to change yours, in fact sometimes it seems like you are doing your utmost to reinforce it
Quote :

And it's not that the cars are repetitive, but I mean, LFS doesn't seem to have enough...well style. It just makes the game seem low budget. And, well, improving, things (such as wind, rain, fog, snow) would be nice too.

LFS has bags of style - it's just not _your_ kind of style !
From the start there have been loads of nice unique little touches - like the wind and having those huge windmills to show the direction and strength....
Tyre deformation - the way these cars move has more style than every other 'sim' put together... and you see, thats what LFS is about - it has subtle details that make the racing better, not brash vulgar unrealistic shiny SFX and ugly annoying superfluous menu animations that appeal to F'n'F crowd, D0r1ftorzzzz00111111 and console kiddies but do nothing for the racing experience.

As far as weather is concerned, in the past Scavier have suggested that it will be added in some future version. I believe that it will, but I also think that Scawen will not throw together some hack job that looks ok but doesn't behave in a realistic manner, so we will porobably be waiting for quite a while. However, when it does come it will be most excellent.
Quote :
Sure, the s2 license might be a bit more exciting, but still, does that mean when I buy s2, there will be some little video or something to let the game look better?

How could a video make the game look better? the last thing I want when I'm racing is a damn video - you want a video, why not go to youtube YA CHOOB.
Quote :
And there is more than one post telling me to buy s2.

And thats hardly surprising really.

Col
col, if you read the whole topic, maybe you could understand that i'm done discussing that. Next time see if the whole topic is still the same as it first started, because honestly, I was done with the whole defence of this topic.

The things you said about me being a D0r1ftorzzzz00111111, FnF Lover (I have never seen any of those movies), choob, and console kiddy was just immature.

So i think that you were the mistaken one here.. *shrug*
#73 - col
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :col, if you read the whole topic, maybe you could understand that i'm done discussing that. Next time see if the whole topic is still the same as it first started, because honestly, I was done with the whole defence of this topic.

I don't care in the slightest if you are done or not - it is irrelevant.

This is a public forum, and this thread is also public, anyone who has an opinion on the contents of the thread is free to express it as long as they stay within the forum rules.
Quote :

The things you said about me being a D0r1ftorzzzz00111111, FnF Lover (I have never seen any of those movies), choob, and console kiddy was just immature.

So i think that you were the mistaken one here.. *shrug*

hmm, maybe you should pay more attention at school ?
If you read my post again, you will see that I don't say anything about you being a D0r1ftorzzzz00111111, FnF Lover or console kiddy.
I do however imply that the 'improvements' that you want are the kind of thing that would please a D0r1ftorzzzz00111111, FnF Lover or console kiddy
If you want to read anything else into my post that is your choice, but don't start misrepresenting me...
I did call you a 'choob' though, oops apologies for that - good Scottish word though
If you don't care that I am done..well..

The point is, you are just starting problems..

And dragging an argument that died. Because if you read my posts correctly, I said tat I admit my ideas were stupid, I just didn't realize it at the time. So to be honest, you are wasting your breath.
hmm. Nice to see a thread that started off pointless, but amusing turn into another flaming session

as was once famously said by someone i cant remember :\

"cant we all just get along?"
This thread is closed

Atmospherical Improvements
(78 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG