The online racing simulator
goin for a world record! or atleast close at westhill
i love this course and all the cars that go on it since ive been thinking for awhile and finally decided to try give some HELPFUL ADVICE!
Drive really really fast
didnt you read my post?
whaa?
Don't do drugs, listen to your mother and stay in school.
#7 - Davo
Don't bother.
i said CLOSE
I agree with Davo, WR's get beaten every day, most people don't bother setting new ones because they don't actually prove or mean anything Although my advice is ummm....do lots and lots of laps until you get the best time
Do your homework. Study the track, the car, the set. Learn brake points, shift points, accel points. Master the set, know its limits. Then from there start with SLOW laps, then slowly speed up, experiment with lines or study the WR replay to look for best posible lines... Good luck
~Bryan~
Quote from funnybone2 :i love this course and all the cars that go on it since ive been thinking for awhile and finally decided to try give some HELPFUL ADVICE!

And what car are you going to use? If you want to be fast without being stressed on Westhill, try the FOX. It is almost too easy.
Pay biggie to make the WR in your name
in the open wheel cars, dont brake in the first kurbs until u get to 2nd split
#14 - Davo
This guy isn't going to take any advice onboard, hell, hes only done 500km online and finished 1 race lol
Quote from funnybone2 :i love this course and all the cars that go on it since ive been thinking for awhile and finally decided to try give some HELPFUL ADVICE!

So which cars are the ones that go on Westhill ?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I agree with Davo, WR's get beaten every day, most people don't bother setting new ones because they don't actually prove or mean anything Although my advice is ummm....do lots and lots of laps until you get the best time

and I agree with you. I am not saying hotlappers aren't good racers whereas Biohazard and Bawbag are already ones. However, yea, setting new world record doesn't mean too much, proving yourself consistently through the races and seasons of the leagues would be much better.
#17 - Jakg
good luck, you'll need it!

Read the "Help Kev get a WR" thread for more hints, although i highly doubt you'll do it
With so few km done, I doubt you'll ever get close. Good luck though, may you prove us all wrong
It took me months of fanatical playing, talking to other players, tweaking the setup, watching replays, analyzing replays and meditating to get from hardly making a lap without driving off the track to getting really close to one of the WR's. And mostly you drive on oval and drag so...yeah...prove us wrong...good luck!
Quote from Flycantbird :So which cars are the ones that go on Westhill ?

The ones with four round wheels on them!
There's really no point attacking a WR unless you're certain you can take it, I only have a handful but I knew I could take them all.

Getting a setup right is crucial just don't expect to find one off the shelf that will knock 2 seconds off the WR, cause it ain't gonna happen. You need to get a good base and fine tweak it to suit your driving style, and ultimately to get the best out of the car on that particular track. So if you have no idea how to tweak setups I suggest you learn this bit first, or atleast the basics.

Next thing you have to do is start attacking the track, thing is no one can really tell you how to do this, you just gotta do it. Watch the current WR replay and see where you can improve, find out where he/she is slower and basically when you can stomp the power quicker then the previous person. Once you've found a few slow spots in the WR, go back to the track and practice those certain corners to get them perfect. These are the area's where you make the time, assuming the rest of the track is flawless and you cant improve on it which is never really the case.

And finally don't expect it to come right away, it probably wont cause you probably suck big time

PS : Split times are your worst enemy, I found that hitting SHIFT + F and just concentrating on my driving is when I'm fastest.
And always remember to take a dump before you attempt a WR, I hear once you get a WR for the first time your bowels go all funny and you start crapping uncontrollably.
#22 - Nobo
Hehe its not worth doing hotlap after hotlap to just get one boring WR.
I am speaking out my own experience. I have driven close to wr on westhill int. rev. with bf1 and knew i could get it. Then i did 2 days hotlapping, hotlapping, setup tweaking and hotlapping and finally got it after 2 days....

....and it lasted 19 mins......
not worth the effort.
WR's come and go...at least with next physics update and your name is just dust in the wind then
People who hotlap alot usually have alot of replays that they don't upload. They just choose the one that just makes it as a WR. When somebody beats that they upload the next best replay that makes a WR.
i don´t know such kinda hotlappers.

@topic: just go for it, funnybone2.
Quote from kurent :People who hotlap alot usually have alot of replays that they don't upload. They just choose the one that just makes it as a WR. When somebody beats that they upload the next best replay that makes a WR.

lol go easier on this X-Files theory.

People upload their best hotlaps and then they give it another shot and improve their pb so they upload another.

I don't think that they use a hot-lap stock.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG