The online racing simulator
#1 - Rayo
Official ladder servers, why not?
Yeah, I would like an official LFS ladder, kinda like STCC with different classes (open wheel, street cars, race cars) but with official servers owned by Scawen and company...

Ok, here goes my rant. I just came from racing online with the car Im racing this days the most, FOX. Ok, so I click on multiplayer filtered by FOX available and ofcourse the only servers with a reasonable ammount of racers on are the redlines. But with them you get... the morons that disobey blue flag all the time or crash you before even first turn, the same dumb tracks that the admins are scared to change god knows why (Blackwood and Aston Club), now you have also L-A-G (lots of it, despite the admins denying it of course) and the bonus, the admins with an attitude the size of a soccer stadium that cant even win 2 races in a row despite having 15000 laps with the combo but anyway cant stop acting like they are stars and expecting everyone to kiss their butts just because they own a server.

I want an official alternative to that, because the other unofficial alternatives are waiting 2 weeks for my next league race or hotlapping like a robot, and I dont like neither of those. And if we cant have an official ladder I wanna know why, because to me it doesnt make sense not having it seeing the success the STCC is. And YES, the ladder should be OPTIONAL but still official, like the hotlap ranks.
Sounds like you have a reasonable question to ask, but carrying on like a cranky child won't win you much support around here
The way of showing his point of view wasn't the most politically correct, but I must agree with some toughts there!

I'm for an official ladder server too!
The problem with that is that those servers would need admins, or you'll have the same problems. The devs are too busy to do it, and surely can't afford to pay people to sit on their arses to babysit a server. They'd need volunteers; but then you might not get administration 24-7. Volunteers show up when they can, but can't always stand on guard. So, again, you'll run into a problem with idiots.

I don't really see any feasible way to do it.
Very good idea IMO. Might get people back into the Fox and Fo8 which are both great cars

As for Servers/admin that dont please you....Just vote with your feet and stop using there service....... as I did

There was a busy FOX server on the W17 patch that I was on today worth a look
Quote from Rayo :...now you have also L-A-G (lots of it, despite the admins denying it of course)

Well I know that you can blame an administrator for lag, but if you dislike lag, you can play single player, or host your own server.
Quote from MAGGOT :The problem with that is that those servers would need admins, or you'll have the same problems. The devs are too busy to do it, and surely can't afford to pay people to sit on their arses to babysit a server. They'd need volunteers; but then you might not get administration 24-7. Volunteers show up when they can, but can't always stand on guard. So, again, you'll run into a problem with idiots.

I don't really see any feasible way to do it.

Exactly what I was going to say.

And if you want to be idiot free, you either have to find an alternative to the internet, or not use it. The internet is a big place filled with idiots..

Like me

The only problem is..

I don't know what a ladder server is
Hmm, I don't understand the angry smiley when posting thoughts for the first time (it's not like this is your x'th post on the subject and we've been ignoring you all along), so please have a bit of patience. We will be doing some organising of events, but not right now. So keep your pants on and wait
Leiste Rayo!!! Paciencia, que bueno que a ti no te ignoran cuando haces algun posts o algo, no como a nosotros los mexicanos, de 10 posts interesantes que hacemos namas 2 o 3 les salen, o contestan se hace polemica etc... yo si estoy contigo, deberian de hacer algo asi, no se que es ladder pero bueno, veo que es algo como STCC pero con todos los autos..

Patience my Friend
#9 - Rayo
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :Well I know that you can blame an administrator for lag, but if you dislike lag, you can play single player, or host your own server.

Exactly what I was going to say.

And if you want to be idiot free, you either have to find an alternative to the internet, or not use it. The internet is a big place filled with idiots..

Like me

The only problem is..

I don't know what a ladder server is

- Lag is administrators fault when its happening regulary, if your server cant handle 20 racers without lag then make it for less people.
- You can also use the internet to find what a ladder server is before replying, but I think I already pointed to the STCC servers as an example.

Quote from Victor :Hmm, I don't understand the angry smiley when posting thoughts for the first time (it's not like this is your x'th post on the subject and we've been ignoring you all along), so please have a bit of patience. We will be doing some organising of events, but not right now. So keep your pants on and wait

Sorry about that, its just that its actually my 2nd post on the more or less same subject but the previous post got closed because ppl where fighting each other over another subject... I think STCC bans and stuff. Thanks for replying anyways and I know it should take time to do it right but it would be very cool.

Quote from chanoman315 :Leiste Rayo!!! Paciencia, que bueno que a ti no te ignoran cuando haces algun posts o algo, no como a nosotros los mexicanos, de 10 posts interesantes que hacemos namas 2 o 3 les salen, o contestan se hace polemica etc... yo si estoy contigo, deberian de hacer algo asi, no se que es ladder pero bueno, veo que es algo como STCC pero con todos los autos..

Patience my Friend

Chanote!! Ladder es tipo STCC, el termino lo saque de otros juegos pero es en general. Y bueno, habrá que tener paciencia nomas.
Quote from chanoman315 :Leiste Rayo!!! Paciencia, que bueno que a ti no te ignoran cuando haces algun posts o algo, no como a nosotros los mexicanos, de 10 posts interesantes que hacemos namas 2 o 3 les salen, o contestan se hace polemica etc... yo si estoy contigo, deberian de hacer algo asi, no se que es ladder pero bueno, veo que es algo como STCC pero con todos los autos..

Patience my Friend

seriously you cant possibly believe you are discriminated for being a mexican, to post in spanish isnt going to help either.
Quote from Barroso :seriously you cant possibly believe you are discriminated for being a mexican, to post in spanish isnt going to help either.

mmmm lol portuguese people can understand us but spenish not,,,, weelll all my posts the ones i talked about are in english, im only explaining him something, i know him, and talking him in spanish because i dont have a very good english and expressing to him what i think is easier.
There doesn't need to be special servers for a ladder system run by the devs... it should (and could) be built in for everyone's servers... But if you think about it, LFSW already logs a lot of race results and stats, it could just take all that data and immediately create a ladder system based on all of our previous race wins and such.

There are the overall leaderboards for things like most laps, most wins, highest distance etc.... but the ladder system could be very well built into LFSW with a ton of key combos that LFSW will record for its ladder results.

------------------------------

This is an idea I've got here, and I think this would help with the end of overused combos:

Basically if LFSW allotted a certain set of 4 or 6 combos every 3 months using different cars and tracks, server hosts could have a choice of either running their own desired combos or LFSW's suggested ladder system combos. Now, if a host was using these ladder system combos, that host would definitely become more popular and be of use. A lot of people would want to be on servers with a combo that is used for the ladder system. Once a 3 month period is up, a new set of combos would be chosen by LFSW, and then the ladder system continues on and on every 3 months, encouraging people to try some new combos each time (instead of playing on typical unchanged combos on most servers like nowadays). This would be a cycle 4 times each year. By having this, you could have people using combos that are never very popular, and it could finally get rid of the servers that choose to use combos such as AS National or KY Oval, and the ladder would be more popular for people to take part in, as it could reach to all kinds of combinations of car & track.

As for the ladder system itself... it shouldn't be a no holds barred competition of just points, but just an overall ranking for each quarter of the year. You could see results in Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4 (and then after Q4, the overall ranking is counted up). It wouldn't have any 'license progress' like STCC had, it would just have a ranking system built in, and people could see their ranking progress over time and such.

Wouldn't be too hard to do I think. You'd just have LFSW communicating with hosts that are only using the required combo for the ladder.

As an example, you'd have a 4 quarter ladder period like this (randomly chosen):

Q1 (first round):
UF1 @ FE1 - 10 laps
TBO @ BL1 - 6 laps
RB4 @ FE5 - 6 laps
LX4 @ SO3 - 8 laps
MRT @ AS1 - 8 laps
FZR @ KY2 - 6 laps

Q2 (second round):
XRT @ WE1R - 6 laps
UFR @ AS5 - 5 laps
LX6 @ AS7 - 5 laps
XRG @ BL2 - 6 laps
XFG @ SO1 - 8 laps
FXR @ FE3R - 6 laps

Q3 (third round):
TBO @ FE2 - 6 laps
FO8 @ SO4 - 6 laps
FWD GTR @ BL1R - 6 laps
XFR @ SO2 - 8 laps
FZ5 @ AS3 - 6 laps
FXO @ FE4 - 4 laps

Q4 (final round):
GTR @ AS6 - 6 laps
LRF @ AS4 - 6 laps
XRR @ WE1 - 8 laps
BF1 @ KY3 - 6 laps
RAC @ SO5R - 6 laps
FOX @ AS2R - 8 laps

If you just sat there moaning about how you have to wait several months before driving the FOX, then that is tough, because your ladder position/ranking would be hurt if you chose not to race simply because you don't like certain tracks/cars. This would teach people to learn to love cars/combos they don't normally drive. Everyone would have their own advantages over another because one quarter a person could be good at a certain car/combo versus another. It would be interesting to see. And with about 6 combos chosen per quarter, it would give everyone a good choice for with they want to try. And maybe if they like several of the combos, they have 3 months to try them, or all of them.

And this would all be made into approximately 10-15 minute sprint pick-up races. I don't know if my random combos above meet that limit, but this is just an example. And it would have people racing online a lot more often, and I think it would be proven to be successful, as well as addicting to liven up the racing online.

Furthermore, it wouldn't be confining such a competition to one person's server(s), it would allow the entire COMMUNITY to take part in the ladder system, and LFSW would track the statistics accordingly. There wouldn't be any prize for the winner, and this wouldn't exactly drive players to win races "for the points"... it would just be a ranking of your overall racing performance online.

What do you think?

Community driven, any host can participate, any player can participate.
AFAIK we had a Ladder System back in the S1 Days. And if I remember correctly I had the worst Racing experience on this Servers. Most People did ALL for advancing 1 Position in the Grid. If you where a fair driver you got knocked off the Track whenever it was possible. I hated it.
A lader is nice when the Server has an Admin and where People behave. Then it could be fun... but if you feel like a Crash Test Dummy (as I did in the Past when the Ladder was active) I don´t need it... really.

I don´t race very often, but when I got out for some Racing most of the Time I meet very nice People who are clean Racers. Maybe I am just lucky
That was because it was with the Drivers Emporium, which was a failure to begin with.

They announced prizes for each stage of the ladder competition, and people were fighting for the prize like monsters. That is why all I suggested above be a 'ranking' of some sort, and it wouldn't be anything particularly valuable, just fun to see your results for some kind of statistics to view on LFSW. It wouldn't affect racing in any way online, it would just be racing with a pre-determined set of configs, and you let people go on them and race to score points. If someone REALLY wants to have high ranking they can try, but it would be just about as equal of bragging rights to that of a top world record driver or hotlap rank person... except this is ONLINE, which I think is a much better environment to be driving on.

LFS needs anything to promote more organized racing for public servers, and I think this would do it. It shouldn't be confined to a few target servers, that isn't fun. And if there are reports of cheating and/or wrecking, then there is always a few people that are willing to help with excluding those players from their ladder servers.
I still haven't got that T-shirt dE promised me.
Quote from Rayo :- Lag is administrators fault when its happening regulary, if your server cant handle 20 racers without lag then make it for less people.

FWIW, 1 person with a laggy connection can lag the entire server down. It's not always the server's fault....
Quote from Tweaker :They announced prizes for each stage of the ladder competition, and people were fighting for the prize like monsters.

Btw, did they receive their prices yet?
#18 - Rayo
Tweaker: I understand your idea but I dont like it that much... I prefer the STCC rotating system, I can be forced to drive tracks I dont know that well but not cars I dont like. Its more like in real life drivers situation where they race a specific car or class but if the organization decides to have a race in the middle of the desert they have to do it even if they dont like the hot weather, and thats fine, but nobody is forcing them to drive another car.
Quote from Rayo :the only servers with a reasonable ammount of racers on are the redlines. But with them you get... the morons that disobey blue flag all the time or crash you before even first turn, the same dumb tracks that the admins are scared to change god knows why (Blackwood and Aston Club), now you have also L-A-G (lots of it, despite the admins denying it of course) and the bonus, the admins with an attitude the size of a soccer stadium that cant even win 2 races in a row despite having 15000 laps with the combo but anyway cant stop acting like they are stars and expecting everyone to kiss their butts just because they own a server.

Nice... I spend my own money and take the time and trouble to try and host quality servers for people to enjoy, and then morons come along and post stuff like this, well f*ck you very much, nice to know all my hard work is appreciated.

It's exactly the kind of attitude that causes all the good servers to be closed down, the people spending their own time and money to run them feel they are wasting their time and it's not being appreciated, I totally understand why Becky did what she did with the STCC and it's because of comments like yours.

Don't like my servers or my combo's ? Host your bloody own then, instead of coming on the forums and bad mouthing mine!

Forum mods should do more to stop people like you posting inflammatory remarks about servers but it seems only some server hosts get that kind of preferential treatment, while others are just left hanging out to dry.

My servers are always full for a reason, we have rules, we have a website, if someone breaks the rules (ie blue flag, or wrecking or what ever) then you can save the replay, upload it to our website, and that person will be dealt with, if that's too much trouble for you too, then there isn't much more anyone can do and I will thank you to stop slamming my servers here in the forums.

If you have a problem with one of my admins, once again, save and send me a replay and I will deal with it, I run these servers for everyone to enjoy not just redline members. If we were a bunch of elitist idiots then the servers would be private and no one would use them except us, the fact is all my team drivers will take the time to help new LFS users, we share sets and are always happy to help slower drivers, my servers have been running for over a year now, for the benefit of all the racers on LFS, and for no other reason.

Perhaps I should take a leaf out of Becky's book and close the Redline servers too, that would be good, wouldn't it ? In the space of 1 week, 6 of the busiest servers in LFS get closed down because of mouthy idiots like you ? Where is everyone going to race then I wonder ? And how long would it take before everyone starts complaining about those servers too ?

If you have something constructive to say, make your point in a fair and objective way, attacking my servers, or anyone else's servers for that matter, is NOT the way to go.

Furthermore, being in Argentina, its quite possible that YOU are the cause of all the lag on the server, the servers are located in London and it's a bloody long way from Argentina, so perhaps I can cure the lag issues by banning your licence name from using them, lets try that, shall we ?

Redline EVO
In my eyes, all a ladder system means is some people have time to race more than others. Look at me with STCC. I've seen the comments and signatures where others state "Gold license in 5 days!" or similar. I've been on STCC servers for 3-4 months now and I'm only at Silver with a long way to go to Gold.

For me, the STCC system served only to have races restarted in a timely manner with the autorestart and different track selections with the auto rotation. The licenses and points mean nothing to me, especially since I frequent the XFG/RG server mainly. I like the racing (last night was great racing) and like the automatic restart/rotation.

People would simply move up in any ranking system, not based on their ability, skill, or racing, but based on the amount of time they spend racing. That isn't a ranking at all.

I'm not dissing any ideas of a system such as this. I'm just stating what it looks like in my eyes. If I was 20 years old without a job, without overtime, without a wife, without kids, without a house to maintain, without cars to maintain, without other hobbies, without baseball practice to go to, without a set time for the family to sit down and eat dinner, without all those other responsiblilties and was able to race LFS for hours and hours on end every day and evening after school or whatever, then I surely would be much further in my STCC/UKCTRA licensing rank.
Quote from GP4Flo :Btw, did they receive their prices yet?

No, and as far as I know all the dE prize information (including shipping updates etc, there was a discussion going on for a few months) has been wiped.
Quote from Shoe Maker :Nice... I spend my own money and take the time and trouble to try and host quality servers for people to enjoy, and then morons come along and post stuff like this, well f*ck you very much, nice to know all my hard work is appreciated.

It's exactly the kind of attitude that causes all the good servers to be closed down, the people spending their own time and money to run them feel they are wasting their time and it's not being appreciated, I totally understand why Becky did what she did with the STCC and it's because of comments like yours.

Don't like my servers or my combo's ? Host your bloody own then, instead of coming on the forums and bad mouthing mine!

Forum mods should do more to stop people like you posting inflammatory remarks about servers but it seems only some server hosts get that kind of preferential treatment, while others are just left hanging out to dry.

My servers are always full for a reason, we have rules, we have a website, if someone breaks the rules (ie blue flag, or wrecking or what ever) then you can save the replay, upload it to our website, and that person will be dealt with, if that's too much trouble for you too, then there isn't much more anyone can do and I will thank you to stop slamming my servers here in the forums.

If you have a problem with one of my admins, once again, save and send me a replay and I will deal with it, I run these servers for everyone to enjoy not just redline members. If we were a bunch of elitist idiots then the servers would be private and no one would use them except us, the fact is all my team drivers will take the time to help new LFS users, we share sets and are always happy to help slower drivers, my servers have been running for over a year now, for the benefit of all the racers on LFS, and for no other reason.

Perhaps I should take a leaf out of Becky's book and close the Redline servers too, that would be good, wouldn't it ? In the space of 1 week, 6 of the busiest servers in LFS get closed down because of mouthy idiots like you ? Where is everyone going to race then I wonder ? And how long would it take before everyone starts complaining about those servers too ?

If you have something constructive to say, make your point in a fair and objective way, attacking my servers, or anyone else's servers for that matter, is NOT the way to go.

Furthermore, being in Argentina, its quite possible that YOU are the cause of all the lag on the server, the servers are located in London and it's a bloody long way from Argentina, so perhaps I can cure the lag issues by banning your licence name from using them, lets try that, shall we ?

Redline EVO

I understand what you say, I'll let you know that rayo used to be in another LFS community in which I participate and the only thing that he could make was trouble, he was finally banned from the servers and community, but as far as I can see he didn't learn anything, his mind and stills thinks that he is right in everything that he believes

Now talking to you rayo, you created a thread about this same subject about a week ago and almost everyone said that the ladder system is a good idea but it shouldn't be built in LFS but rather be an add-on, so I ask you know, why do you come back and start this discussion again, do you believe that if you are annoying enough you will get what you want? because that's the impression that I'm getting from you right now.

I posted my thoughts about the system in the older thread so that's all from me.
#23 - Rayo
Shoe Maker: Im sorry but that´s my opinion, if you are considering closing your servers because of 1 person opinion then go ahead, its your server. What I was writing about is having an alternative to those kind of servers.

Rigun: Payasin, lee un poco antes de postear, si? El topic anterior lo cerraron porque empezaron a pelearse todos por los bans de la STCC y no tuve una respuesta acorde a mi idea. Ahora si la tuve, asi que volvete tranquilo a tu mundo de fantasia (macondo, lfsla o como le llamen hoy dia) y segui corriendo con tus amigas, que yo no vuelvo ni que me paguen. Besos.

Rigun: Little clown, try reading a bit before posting, ok? My previous thread was closed because ppl started fighting each other over STCC bans and I didnt get a proper answer to my question. Now that I got one it is safe for you to go back to your little fantasy world (macondo, lfsla or whatever you call it this days) and keep running there with your girlfriends, Im not going back even if I was being paid to do it. Kisses.
Quote from felplacerad :I still haven't got that T-shirt dE promised me.

Neither did my nephew...

They were a bunch of bad guys at dE..
@Rayo: Estaria genial uno asi por niveles. Buena propuesta

@Rayo: It would be cool to have one ladder server, Good

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG