The online racing simulator
mouse cursor stutters
(14 posts, started )
#1 - ZORER
mouse cursor stutters
Hi guys,

My mouse cursor stutters in most of the gfx programs.It starts stuttering after a few painting clicks.i thought it would be about history settings and turned it off (in PS) but didn't help.It also stutters in some other gfx software.I'm using vista on a quite powerful computer...Have you any idea??
Would you be using a GA-965P-S3 motherboard, by any chance?
#3 - Jakg
i plan on getting an S3 later on - why would this cause a problem

Also, its it applies to S3 it will apply to a DS3 as the DS3 is the same but with Solid Capicitors
#4 - ZORER
hmm i don't know, it says "for intel desktop boards DQ965GF , DQ965CO and DQ965WC series" on the driver CD of Mainboard.

Is it the same?
#5 - Jakg
they use the same chipset (the 965) - if you bought the PC from a shop, then chances are it wont have one (as the DS3/S3 is a fairly 1337 oc'ing board, and retailers tend to cheap out on parts)
#6 - ZORER
What shall i do then? download latest drivers from intel?
#7 - ZORER
Installed the new drivers and looks like problem is gone. (at least it hasn't stuttered yet)

Thanks for replies anyway.
-
(the_angry_angel) DELETED by the_angry_angel
#8 - Jakg
oh dear, i was planning on an S3 and raid

How much is a lot?
#9 - ZORER
Well i think you'r asking about how much it stutters..It stutters a lot you can't even use the wacom to draw or paint something.It doesn't (or i can't see) stutter in other software like 3dmax or flash8 and sketchbook...But stutters alot in PS and Corel Painter. Maybe it is not because of the mainboard..Might be Vista drivers, etc.. I didn't have time to test enough after installing the new drivers.

Will post here if the problem continues.
Quote from Jakg :How much is a lot?

Think ripping a DVD, powering up 3x virtual servers and copying stuff across the network.
:banghead: Damn it stutters again...
Is it an optical mouse? There may be some dirt on the sensor, or it may be the surface you are using it on--my old mouse used to do this a lot on my desk, so I usually put a piece of paper or something under it and it worked fine. Wipe it off and try it on another surface, preferably something not shiny.
Few weeks ago I got weird stuttering problem... the cursor just stops for about a second. Sometimes it does it all the time and sometimes not... I guess the cable coming from the mouse is not in 100% condition anymore and causes this. My MX500 is getting old.
Yes it's an optical mouse but, wacom does the same stutter.it is connected to a different usb port.

mouse cursor stutters
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG