The online racing simulator
This keeps happening!
(18 posts, started )
This keeps happening!
not sure why but my game randomly ends up like this

even the title menu screens etc etc

closing the program down and restarting never fixes it, the only thing that works is a PC reboot.

its very strange, most probably not a LFS issue but i would like to "fix" it
thanks, checked the link but they are all for garbled text only

my shot shows pretty much all the backgrounds gone, the car bodies gone, and the text "blocked out" not just garbled
#4 - Renku
#6 - RiGun
Quote from Renku :http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 14386&highlight=white
VGA drivers gone bad, reinstall should help. Find newer version if you can.

Sometimes newer isn't better, for old video cards newer video drivers tend to have more graphical glitches than rather old but stable drivers, Sticky-Micky tell us what graphic card do you have and maybe I could tell you wich are the best drivers for you.
radeon 9700 pro

standard clock settings

running windows on 2 monitors LFS mostly on 1 monitor
thats werid
Quote from Sticky-Micky :thats more like it, thanks

downloading new drivers now

hi yes its more than likely that you need to reinstall game its not graphics unless does the same thing in other games
added the new GFX drivers as advised

it has just happend again after approx 1.30 hours play

ideas?
Quote from whitford :hi yes its more than likely that you need to reinstall game its not graphics unless does the same thing in other games

i dont play any other games on the PC

the effect is reproduceable, at least with games that use txtures as textfonts like your screen from post 1 or a gta series game.
It's a nice thing to play with using the "dxt-texture-format" feature in "compatibility" to be found in your "DX-3d options" (not Open-GL) in your catalyst drivers.
Maybee a brief switch "OFF" and on again solves your problem on the Fly.
After severall minutes my lfs keeps loking itself (graphic-side of lfs, sim side continues as if nothing happenend) for a few seconds and then keeps running smoothly till i close it.
i'm wonering if this is unique or any others here experienced similar effects.

regards
Hi Micky

I think if this is still happening with new drivers then I think you might have some other problem, but maybe not

With ATI drivers you really need to uninstall your drivers(replace with standard vga drivers like in safe mode) and run a little tool called cat-uninstaller.exe availible from the ati support site. Then install the driver you want, its not normally nessecary but can help in cases like yours

Of course your driver may be fine and this could be a temp related issue (try removing the dust from inside the PC?) or a faulty memory problem.

Good luck.

SD.
have same problem - radeon 9600 pro
I've had this happen quite frequently on an old gfx card (9250 pci card). I rarely see it with my new PC (onboard ATI chip) but do see it now and then. I found that if I switch the desktop settings from 16 bit (what I run for LFS for frame rate improvements) to 32 bit and back, it fixes it for a while. That's just for a bandaid so that you don't have to reboot the entire machine.
Might be an overheating GFX card, try cleaning out the case. Do you have any case fans? Try uninstalling drivers, make sure they are gone, reboot, install latest STABLE drivers and try again, if problem continues try re-installing LFS.
~Bryan~

P.S. How much and which type of RAM do you have, it could be a related issue. Run some memtests (Super P.I.) to make sure your RAM is stable.
#17 - Gunn
Quote from whitford :hi yes its more than likely that you need to reinstall game its not graphics unless does the same thing in other games

That is not true at all.
If it happened after a long while playing a 3D game then it must be hardware trouble, id check to see if the thing is over heating.

If it has a fan connected to its GPU check to see if its clogged up with dust and clean it if it is. Then just try play LFS and see how long it takes to go haywire. If it falls over again and only after a good while then id recommend a new graphics card.

But to be sure :

1) Shut down the machine
2) Give it plenty of time to cool - 45m+
3) Boot it up and get straight into LFS

If you have another game do these steps with that too, you don't want to go and splash out for a new card and release it only buggered up in LFS!

This keeps happening!
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG