The online racing simulator
Wanna Help Me With This Card?
(7 posts, started )
Hi all.
Tomorow, im going round to my sister's to go and sort out her computer.
Im going round to Re-Format it, but she is wondering these two things. She has a ATi Radeon 9800SE 128mb and first of all, she is wondering whether it is possible to get any antialiasing(AA) and anisotropic filtering (AF)for it and also, she has LFS demo, and she averages about 40fps on an empty track and 20-30fps on a full server. Is this fps normal for this card and would a re-format boost the fps a little (her pc is full of crap )?

Thanks all, and i hope you can give me a hand

Frenchy
I don't know what resolution or CPU she has but I get 50-60fps with the same card and an Athlon XP 2800+

Try shutting down all the 'crap' before hand. Use ctrl+shift+esc to bring up task manager to shutdown any background task you can't normally see.
#3 - Jakg
it can do AA and AF - try using "ATi Tray Tools"
she runs it at 1280x1024 Res, its got a intel pentium 4 processor at 2993mhz. She has all the details (L.O.D etc.) at max.

Btw. Thanks to jakg, i will have a look at that when it has finished re-formatting ^^

Frenchy
-
(Nathan_French_14) DELETED by Nathan_French_14
#5 - Jakg
its a little low - my 9600XT and 2800 Athlon could keep above 30 fps in the track
Well, i ahve downloaded it and had a little play around with it. This card can hardly take any AA/AF. Also, ever since i have downloaded it, these have started to appear at the bottom of the screen. My sis says they have never been there, and i dont get them on my machine......

They are right at the bottom, to see what i mean better, save the image then zoom in on photoshop or something
Attached images
what is this.JPG
because 9800SE is like ATI9600XT.
9800SE is crippled to 4 pipleines instead of 9800pro/XT which had 8 pipes.Not a suprise.

Also I am sure you can get better performance after you will format the drive.

P4 3.0Ghz is not mega CPU.Something like A64 3400+ sempron in games.Maybe there the CPU is overheating so it throtling down to not overheat.P4 has been known for that very much.Check the thermal paste between the CPU and cooler and ensure there is enough ait flow in the case.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG