The online racing simulator
UF1 Pickup
(17 posts, started )
UF1 Pickup
Here's the begining of a Pickup varient of the UF1, i'm using the flatbed from Anathema's FXO pickup scene and the UF1000 Open.

I've stretched the body and started flattening off the rear, the flatbed still needs some scaling to fit into the car body and I need to hack up the roof.
hehe, looks cool! what kinda look you gonna go for? Beach style?

Frenchy
I'm going for this.

I might go a bit further when i'm happy with it being stock.

I only started learning how to use 3ds max about 2 weeks ago, doing renders but I found a tutorial for making a wheel and i'm using what I learned from the wheel on this model.

Couple pics of the rear end, I added colour so I could check it a bit better.
Attached images
UF1 Pick UP WIP Tail view.jpg
UF1 Pick UP WIP Tail Colour.jpg
Done more to it.

Interior

Rear end

Roof added and Exhaust moved to center

Cover added (pink area)

New wheels added and tyre walls adjusted

Mini Mag Logo area of the body needs adjusting, but you get the idea.

I still need to sort out the Exhaust meterial and some other areas of it, the roof doesn't have an ID yet, but I might just add my own colour for it. I'm also gonna chrome some of the other parts like window seels, I might round off the Bumpers too and chrome them.
#6 - Davo
wow that's some really nice work man. Very cool modelling.
Nice work Man,

Makes me want to open 3ds Max again

Anyone done a V8-Ute out of the FXO Yet? <G>

hehe
It's complete.
Attached images
Finished UF Pickup.jpg
Quote from mkserve :Nice work Man,

Makes me want to open 3ds Max again

Anyone done a V8-Ute out of the FXO Yet? <G>

hehe

Started, but never finished (and with the XRT instead of FXO). I guess having / using some reference pics would have been useful.. but remembered (I think) they had a similar design for the V8 brutes

Back on-topic for LineR's thread.. the UF looks cool! I know the mesh isn't too clever around the roof area on these models but looks like you did a great job and the wheels suit it too

Regards,

Ian
Attached images
XRT_brute_02.jpg
XRT_brute_03.jpg
Quote from Ian.H :Started, but never finished (and with the XRT instead of FXO). I guess having / using some reference pics would have been useful.. but remembered (I think) they had a similar design for the V8 brutes

Regards,

Ian

that XRT looks awesome. my only question is that why does the top of the front wheel tip slightly outwards?

Frenchy
The wheels are too big for the car really (and / or car too low) and some of the tyre is obscured by the wheel arch.. have learnt since then.. this was done a year or so ago

My wheel modelling wasn't too clever either.

Regards,

Ian
Thank's for the comments guys, every thing I done to the car I learnt from making the wheels that are on it which are still missing wheel nuts, there isn't a flat bed in the back yet, I cba to sort it out so I left it. I tried making some Starmags be for I started this but couldn't figure out the spokes, so I left it. I'm gonna add the 3 official UF's to the scene and render my teams skins.

One of you guys couldn't give me some tips for making the Starmags could you? Thanks in advance.

You could make those wheels what I'd class as the "easy way" as there's a nice small gap between the spokes.

Create the centre cylinder with say, 20 sides.
Create an outer rim tube with more sides, say 40 and 3 height sections.
Select groups of 3 polys around the edge of the cylinder (ie: leaving 1 poly between each group).
Using the 'extrude' tool, extrude the selected polys to the required length of the spokes to meet the outer rim. Do this in about 3 or 4 extrusions so you have some vertices / edges to play around with to create the concaved appearance.
Select the vertices that make up the end of the spokes (at the rim end) and use the 'scale' tool to create the spoke angles.
Select the middle 2 rows of vertices around the rim and use the scale tool to move them towards the outside edge of the rim leaving maybe an inch (relatively speaking). This'll be used to define the width of then inside area.
Select the polys that now make up the inner band of the rim tube. Use the scale tool to close them inwards creating the inner "dish".
For the central hole, I'd create a cylinder the diameter you want and long enough to pass through the centre of the wheel entirely. Using the 'boolean' tool (see the help file), cut the cylinder away from the wheel (will create the center hole).
Using the boolean method again, but this time with spheres instead of cylinders, create the countersunk areas for the bolt holes (if you create one and then clone it and move the pivot point to 0,0,0, you can then use the rotate tool to get the correct circular shape fo the holes).
Again using the boolean method as you did with the center hole but with much smaller diameter cylinders, create the 5 holes for the bolts.
Some time to tidy up / create the rim edges nicely with extrude / bevel tools and should be good to go

Disclaimer: This was typed up off the top of my head so hope it's easy enough to understand and correct.. but have used this method before for my own wheels (actually the ones in the XRT pics above were done this way but rather low-poly / no meshsmoothing).

Regards,

Ian

EDIT: Here's a better description with images of the above method
I added a new grille to the Pickup.

I got the idea from this.

Attached images
UF Pickup New Grille.jpg
-
(woolfen) DELETED by woolfen
Quote from LineR32 :I added a new grille to the Pickup.

I got the idea from this.

Hi, nice mod, can u add a download link ? Smile
It wasn't a mod.

UF1 Pickup
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG