The online racing simulator
LFS Tweak Idea?
I'm not sure if this forum supports addon suggestion but I'll give it a shot.

I was testing out LFS Tweak, with my XRT with huge rims and 1100 horsepower and I thought, this is way too unrealistic.

Maybe LFS Tweak could use a different program, and make a realistic addon program. Where it lists all the parts you can add onto your car. Bigger PSI turbos, intercoolers, anything you could addon to your car to make it bigger, and faster, without means of pushing 9000 CC Engine for a 1000 horsepower unrealistic beast. Catch my drift?
LFS tweak is unofficial addon.

this forum is suggestion for the devs, and LFS tweak has nothing to do with them.

and if you think 1100 horsepower is unrealistic then....tune it down?
I'm not saying its unrealistic. I'm saying that punching in numbers to make your car a horsepower beast is unrealistic.

It was just an idea

I think selecting different parts to addon to the engine would be cool thats all.
I don't think anyone would like to spend months (?) coding an app that will become obsolete in a few months time.
Quote from LazLoW :I'm saying that punching in numbers to make your car a horsepower beast is unrealistic.

This is a race sim. Everything is mathematically modelled. If you want to create a torque curve, you need some number to feed into your equation. How else will you get numbers out without feeding numbers in?
no NFS here. move along...
Wow. I thought SOME PEOPLE would think this is an alright idea. NFS? Are you retarted? Did I say body kits? Nos? Street racing? No, read the context. NFS doesn't even have specific parts to buy like turbo's and carburetors and whatnot. I thought this was a realistic suggestion to make this "sim" more "sim"like but you just gotta bash it and move on.

Whatever I don't give a sh*t trash it. My opinion doesn't matter.
Chances of LFSTweak changing are extremely low, if you want it to change, then you're going to have to talk to the maker of it, redrum69. And chances are he isn't going to change the program, because it does what it is supposed to do, and "bigger" turbos would be the same as increasing the pressure, and adding some more weight to the car; problem solved.
It's a matter of how the LFS engine works, there are some variables that determine the engine parameters, and that's how LFS Tweak works, changing them changes the engine characteristics.

I see your point, but LFSTweak is a toy to play a bit and make something similar to real cars with some limitations. Maybe in a future more mechanical variables are added to the LFS engine, like valves, bore/stroke, etc... to add more flexibility (to LFS itself!). As long as it's used wisely, it could be a good addition. But it's also funny to se the effects of absurd numbers in the engine
Okay I'm liking this guy Eldanor.

He's calm, he's cool, gives a usable opinion and doesn't bash me right away. Eldanor, thanks for the opinion and yes, it is fun, but to XCNuse, this is exactly what I think is unrealistic and I think it would be a cool idea to put specific parts on with limitations, so building a drag car would be difficult, picking the right parts for the job, rather than making the CC's 9000 and you're pretty much done.
Quote from LazLoW :Are you retarted?

I hate having to point this out to people, but you spelt "retarded" wrong...
Quote from LazLoW :Its Spelled.

You're talking to an Englishman. Do you honestly think I'd use "spelt" if it wasn't a word?
Quote from LazLoW :http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spelled

Okay we're both right. Aside from the point.....

This is getting embarrassing now, but I'm going to have to correct you again. I never disputed the word "spelled"; I am aware of that conjugation but I find it a little ugly, to be frank. You, on the other hand, incorrectly assumed that "spelt" was not a real word. Therefore I am right, you are not.

I hope that clears everything up and we can get back to discussing your proposal. Here's my response to that: It would be a lot of work - from a programming perspective - for very little practical benefit (the end result would be the same - the car specification changes).
Quote from LazLoW :Okay I'm liking this guy Eldanor.

He's calm, he's cool, gives a usable opinion and doesn't bash me right away. Eldanor, thanks for the opinion and yes, it is fun, but to XCNuse, this is exactly what I think is unrealistic and I think it would be a cool idea to put specific parts on with limitations, so building a drag car would be difficult, picking the right parts for the job, rather than making the CC's 9000 and you're pretty much done.

LFSTweak is a third party program, there isn't going to be anything realistic about it, and if you just want to be able to change stuff like that, there are plenty of threads in the improvement suggestions if you want to search them up, all of which have come to a final 'No' due to the fact that people just want to get onto the track rather than sit around and figure out what/where they have a problem with their car.

LFS is meant to be realistic, but not so real it bores you.
Sooooo you're going to sacrifice realism with difficulty?

Whatever this thread is done. It was just an idea that isn't going to happen.

And to thisnameistaken, I missed a D in retarded, who gives a sh*t. You don't have to go on a whole dispute over who can spell. Spelt and spelled are both correct so you aren't correct because, well, I wasn't wrong.

Don't matter. Discussion over. Well for me at least.
Quote from LazLoW :Whatever this thread is done. It was just an idea that isn't going to happen.

Thing is, LFSTweak is all done with editing values in memory, which is pain-in-the-arse territory to begin with. Doing it according to the sort of criteria you're talking about would involve a lot of research and messing about. It's a big job.

Quote from LazLoW : And to thisnameistaken, I missed a D in retarded, who gives a sh*t. You don't have to go on a whole dispute over who can spell. Spelt and spelled are both correct so you aren't correct because, well, I wasn't wrong.

Stop it now, please, you're killing me! Scroll up to the bit where you said "Spelt" wasn't a word and embrace your wrongness. I only poked fun at you because of your ironic "retarted" spelling - I'll guarantee someone else would've done it if I hadn't. Let's just drop it eh?
LOL, Where can i download LFS patch V

Nevermind:P
Quote from redruM69 :
If you are a demo user and do not like this - tough. LFS only charges for content, if you could make infinite cars in the demo, this would remove an important benefit of owning a license.

Regards

The Moderation Team

good point, i never thought of that.
How can i use the BIKE feature of LFSTweak?

I dont get it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG