The online racing simulator
In game display of three letter track name code
Small but very helpful request: It'd be great to get the current three letter code e.g. FE5 (Fern Bay Rallycross) displayed in game.

Why? So as to better be able to chose a setup for each car, primarily.

Whilst having setups saved in folders by track and car e.g. (folder:XRT_FE5 filename:myqual.set) would be the ultimate end goal, current practice is to use the three letter code in the name of the setup.

I can however for the life of me never remember these codes. An ingame display (preferably the one showing number of laps, tyre setup etc) would therefore be great.

Thanks.
#2 - amp88
If you check your PB in a session (type /w pb into chat) you'll find the track code in the PB notification.

You say the ultimate end goal would be to have setups in different folders for each possible combination (several hundred of them), but I'm not a fan of this method of sorting setups. Several of the sets I use (especially for the MRT and FXO) are the same for lots of different tracks and being unable to select other sets than from the current combo would be a real hindrance, leading me to copy particular sets numerous times to have them available in each track.
+1
Just throw it on the F12 menu I say.
I think we should at least have the track name displayed in the pit. I don't name my sets with the short names, so if I can't remember or I miss the brief flash when I join a server, it's a case of trying to remember which is which. Not always easy, either.

It would also make it slightly more newb friendly when picking setups.
+1
I dont like this 3 letter code rubbish, its fine for setups etc but not for general name purposes.
Why not have "FE Green (FE1)" or whatever it is dispalyed in the F12 and in the top of the connections box?

I'd like to know where I am when I'm there...
No not on the F12 menu... In the pits.
I'd like this too. Would like it so in the pits it gives the tracks full name then in brackets the short name. So many times I'm not even sure what version of the track I am even on. Just not sure why when your in the pit lane it doesn't say the track at the top of the screen. When we get weather there is going to have to be a dialog box in the pits to give current weather conditions, wind speed and track temperature.

It could be simple as track name at the top middle of the screen. Roll cursor over it and then a pop up appears with the track short name, and current conditions on the track. Since we don't have weather, but we do have wind it could say what the wind condition is. Then later the pop up would have weather and track info.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG