Simbin's Lizard game engine
(58 posts, started )
#51 - JJ72
Quote from Shotglass :in the ass interview a while ago

ROFL. Never heard of interviews done in the ass.
Depends on what you call an interview
Quote from JJ72 :ROFL. Never heard of interviews done in the ass.

depending on the industry it can be quite common for job interviews
Quote from Shotglass :depending on the industry it can be quite common for job interviews

O..that sucks.. so .. what industry is famous of this kind of interview?
Is it just me, or are they really using the same old track graphics year in, year out? (referring to screenshots just above)

What I liked about RACE was that the trees didn't look so stuck on as they do in LFS. LFS could really use an improvement there.

The original screenshot from Tweaker looks pretty much like more of the same- but I think the car looks really good, nice lighting and things going on there. Everything else (as someone else suggested) has been seen before.

meh.
Quote from Electrik Kar :The original screenshot from Tweaker looks pretty much like more of the same- but I think the car looks really good, nice lighting and things going on there. Everything else (as someone else suggested) has been seen before.

meh.

Yep, I am only liking the car mostly, and the shadows. The track is kind of detailed, but it still looks ok to race on I think. You can notice the grandstands being kind of a simple 3D model with hardly any texture... so it looks to me as if they are putting all the detail in the car models. The came could probably look really nice once it is done, but hey, you really can't get a car game looking incredibly good like Crysis or something... those games have detail that just don't belong in car games.

Those RACE 07 shots that Stuart Fleming posted are pretty nice, but they look like rFactor mods to me. At least the only thing I'd improve is the darkness of the tires... they look kind of washed out, yes?
Possibly.. although I'm not an expert. They kindof look old or something, and I'm guessing they shouldn't be.

I always feel as if there's a certain quality about these ISI titles, like the tracks are too clean looking and too boring. Everything's somehow a bit too perfect- a white-toothed plastic smile Barbie land for sim racers. Atleast Eric's tracks have a bit of imagination and RL grunginess, even if they are a bit broken in places.

disclaimer - i've only ever played ISI demos. Can't comment on full games.
#58 - JJ72
the shading of that RACE 07 screen up there...looks kinda like LFS.

Simbin's Lizard game engine
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG