The online racing simulator
setups
(8 posts, started )
setups
hi all. i have started racing online .i have tied to download setups but i can not open them. is anyone kind enough to let me have a good setupfor aston club circuit.i am 77 years old and no threat to good drivers.so please help someone.regards kawaer
Holy moly :geezer:

First of all, welcome to S2! I recommend you to take a look at the Setupfield, which contains a wide variety of mostly world record setups for many of LFS' car/track combinations. You can also download the setup pack if you want to save some time searching for the correct one. Simply save the setup files to <LFS>\data\settings - you'll then be able to select the setup from the garage.
If you're new, those setupfield downloads can be difficult to drive well, they're often optimised for hotlaps so may suffer high tyre wear in a race situation. Most servers can be a good source of setups by watching a little, waiting until the end of the race and then asking politely for someone's setup.
I think there's a collection of easy race setups collated by Bob Smith on here, IIRC.
#4 - Dru
Quote from BigFatCat :If you're new, those setupfield downloads can be difficult to drive well, they're often optimised for hotlaps so may suffer high tyre wear in a race situation. Most servers can be a good source of setups by watching a little, waiting until the end of the race and then asking politely for someone's setup.
I think there's a collection of easy race setups collated by Bob Smith on here, IIRC.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=279

here is that very thread.

The other way is to ask people in game if they have a set to share.

if you press n you will see the connections list on the RHS. If someone sends you a setup the s will change to the colour Green. Click this with your mouse, you can then save it with whatever anme you like and you can load it from the garage page
reply to dru
hi dru.i have downloaded the bob smith easy race setups,but i am unableto access them on my cp.i have also downloaded from team inferno.when i try to open them i just get an error message.thank you for your reply regards bill
Quote from kawaer :hi dru.i have downloaded the bob smith easy race setups,but i am unableto access them on my cp.i have also downloaded from team inferno.when i try to open them i just get an error message.thank you for your reply regards bill

So, just to clarify: You're saving them to your LFS\Data\Settings folder, then what happens? Can you see them listed in the garage when you go to select a setup for a particular car, but it won't let you select them? Or do they just not appear in the list at all?

Have you made sure they're being saved with the appropriate filename extension (.set)?
#7 - Dru
Quote from thisnameistaken :So, just to clarify: You're saving them to your LFS\Data\Settings folder, then what happens? Can you see them listed in the garage when you go to select a setup for a particular car, but it won't let you select them? Or do they just not appear in the list at all?

Have you made sure they're being saved with the appropriate filename extension (.set)?

^^ ditto above,

also these sets are called 'easy race' or something - are you sure they are not on the list of setups along with race s etc. i think i remember the first time i installed these, i did not realise they were actually there
u can also tell windows to open .set files with your LFS.exe

LFS then automaticaly saves the setups in the right directory (data\settings\)

thats how i do it when i download setups...i dont save them manualy ive just set up firefox that it opens every .set file with LFS.exe and then its being saved automaticaly to the right folder

setups
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG