The online racing simulator
#1 - Dru
Championship/Round 1 Preview UF1 MAyhem Cup
New Drivers, New Teams, New paint jobs, screeching tyres, close exciting racing, this can only mean one thing.... the 1st ever UF1 Mayhem Cup, in association with Team ZWR and UKCT Servers is almost here!

So with a little over 24 hours left to the start of this new championship, what is the news from the streets of South City?

With both practice servers being open to the combinations of SO3R and SO2 the weekend and weekday evenings have seen plenty of action.Out in force have been Team Zwarte Wind Racing, Mercury Racing Team and your-forumbochum.de.vu LFS Racing along with a handful of other entrants to the league.Whilst some people seem at ease with the small tight SO3R circuit, it is clear that other racers are still struggling to find the key to success here, namely consistancy.

Racing in the streets of SO3R will be hard, 30 minutes of consist braking,turning,accelerating over and over with no respite will be hard on the drivers and any split second error will result in hitting a wall at speed that could end your race in an instant.

Qualifying is anticipated to be a very heated battle between the contenders in both divisions, but the question is who will come out on top?

Coming into the Series as Division 1 favourite must be Mercury Racing Team's drive, J.Pickard, who holds the lap record for this SO3R. The question is can he turn his hotlap form into a race performance. On this small tight circuit, there will bound to be backmarkers and damaged traffic circulating, will this suit the series favourite?
On the Division 2 scene it is hard to see who the favourite is. Based on the performances of Parkfield Motorsports PM=Ant, it looks like will have this race wrapped up, however as this course is completely different to the Aston Club configuration, maybe another driver will come away from the streets of South City as Division 2 leader.

Also from the non-championship race it was interesting to see how the faster traffic could come through the field in the reverse grid sprint race. Overtaking on the open raceway of Aston Club Reverse is miles apart from what will be seen in the Streets of SO2. Will this comprimise the championship contenders, or will people take it easy to ensure that a double points haul is maintained?

The Sprint races will take place on the South City Sprint 1 confirguration (SO2)
The Race marshalls have spoken about SO2 at length prior to this race. There is great concern amoungst then that the reverse grid will see a great mixture in performance of cars at the notorious first corner, where, an accident is always waiting to occur, the same is also true of the last corner, how many people will be see hitt the outside pavement in their quest to get out of the last corner just that little bit 'too hot'.

Needless to say the word from the pits is that car setup as ever is critical for this race. Some people have reported that tyres will be the key, with certain people exploring the use of hybrids all round, however the question must be askes, will these last the distance or will the difference in performance be enough for certain people to take the risk.

Race strategy is also being hotly discussed, the need to get a championship campaign successfully underway is what is needed from South City, how will people race in this 'official race' compared to last times 'practice race' will people take risks to pass or try and force the errors or will people wait until the error is eventually made?

The UF1 Mayhem league will be competing for the first time this race day, Thursday May 3rd. Who will take glory on the Streets of South City and who will leave as Championship leader heading towards the next round at Fernbay next week. These and lots of other question will be answered tommorow night, we await with baited breathe.

Feel free to comment on how you think the championships in both Division 1 and 2 will unfold.
my comment: Dru get back to work...ure spending too much time in the forums!

go do your job and EARN some money
Reverse grid race shouldnt be too bad, at least its not on SO3R!! I think that track has enough places to make a move but most of them spots can be defended and unless you make a mess doing so chances are you'll still come out with the placing, but we shall see, im sure passing will be done in the 2nd race, especially having the reversed grid and the (probably) slower cars ahead it will hopefully see the guys at the back able to work there way through some of the pack. My biggest concern is going to be silly mistakes, stuff that isnt intentional but causes trouble, particularly weaving cars down the motorway strip trying to lose the car behind and contact being made because of it. The way i see it is if someone is close enough to be in my slipstream then its their right to use it and mine to defend my position, but driving dangerously to stop the car behind from using it isnt fair racing, by all means change line but you cant do it over and over.

Worth the risk?
Risk is what makes it all fun, keeps you on your toes
I think most will try and take as many points as they can, they already have double points from the previous race, thats bagged, so the 2nd race will be a combination of pushing for more points and driving sensibly to build upon the points you already have rather than risking a 0 or low scoring.
#4 - Dru
Quote from PaulC2K :Reverse grid race shouldnt be too bad, at least its not on SO3R!! I think that track has enough places to make a move but most of them spots can be defended and unless you make a mess doing so chances are you'll still come out with the placing, but we shall see, im sure passing will be done in the 2nd race, especially having the reversed grid and the (probably) slower cars ahead it will hopefully see the guys at the back able to work there way through some of the pack. My biggest concern is going to be silly mistakes, stuff that isnt intentional but causes trouble, particularly weaving cars down the motorway strip trying to lose the car behind and contact being made because of it. The way i see it is if someone is close enough to be in my slipstream then its their right to use it and mine to defend my position, but driving dangerously to stop the car behind from using it isnt fair racing, by all means change line but you cant do it over and over.

Worth the risk?
Risk is what makes it all fun, keeps you on your toes
I think most will try and take as many points as they can, they already have double points from the previous race, thats bagged, so the 2nd race will be a combination of pushing for more points and driving sensibly to build upon the points you already have rather than risking a 0 or low scoring.

Yes, it was like last night - you, me and Butz did some very close, very clean racing (running 2 wide around corners) is good when you are next to a safe opponent that you trust (ie i trust you and butz )
however, we were talking on ventrillo saying - if only the league would be this clean it would be an absolute pleasure
I'm predicting to be about half a second off race pace at SO3R tomorrow. Not good. Testing tonight shows I'll be even further off the pace (about 0.8) at SO2

Oh well, I'm sure there'll be someone for me to race

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG