The online racing simulator
USB Device not recognized (Logitech EX)
I have problem! Please some1 help, because I'm very angry and desperate!

My computer won't recognize my Logitech EX steering wheel. I used that wheel lots before on my past comp. and it work! And last week I buy new... And now don't work.... When I recieved my new comp. I was inastantly try LFS (and wheel) to test new graphic etc, and at first it work, but nex day didn't!

This is note I get...

And this...

Sometimes my computer firs recognize wheel if is out of power, but when I plug AC adapter ther's gone...

My USB work fine, I'm connected whit my DSL through USB and also test it whit gamepad. And I try wheel at frends computer and it work perfectly....

Come on... Somebody have idea?????
Are u using windows XP? Then u may need the SP2 or just USB drivers (download ne chipset drivers and install them, when u have no SP2 there should occur an error like "File USB.xxx not found). On some mainbords theres a driver CD where u can them install from. In the menu wheres ur 2nd screenshot made, can u see "USB Universal Host Controller XXXX" where the XXXX stands for their interrupt (? or some kind of adress) I think. On the other side u should try to use the Logitech Software and look if the wheel is recognized there
Quote from AndreABG :Are u using windows XP? Then u may need the SP2 or just USB drivers (download ne chipset drivers and install them, when u have no SP2 there should occur an error like "File USB.xxx not found). On some mainbords theres a driver CD where u can them install from. In the menu wheres ur 2nd screenshot made, can u see "USB Universal Host Controller XXXX" where the XXXX stands for their interrupt (? or some kind of adress) I think. On the other side u should try to use the Logitech Software and look if the wheel is recognized there

Yes I using XP with SP2 in it. I was make reinstal before i start thread, to make sure that no existing program making problem, and I was install all driver for motherboard, all what I find on CD which I get with MB. Im not sure about USB driver... (Now I search on CD and find no special driver for USB, but my DSL works through USB...)

And I try with latest Logitech driver, wich works fine at my friend computer. And stil nothing.

And also tryed different USB port...
Double click on "unknown device" open that window on picture.

And as U see, Logitech driver running.
hm, do u know what chipset u have? I have the ICH5, so some of the files required for propper USB is called ICH5USB.*. Seach on your system32 (c:\windows\system32 normaly) folder for these files to see if they are there or not.
Motherboard is Asus M2N-MX. I think is nForce chipset.

I cant see file like that.

Just talk with man who has been chef of computer service log time, and he sad that think that will know how to fix it.... I hope so. We will see day after tomorow... (tomorow nobody work, we have holliday, barbecue and stuff... )
Have you tried rebooting your PC and then sticking it in?
once I recognized something that might be ur problem -> when I attache only 1 USB device in the 2nd USB slot on my MB it won't work, until theres something attached to the first one (shouldn't be, but it is ^^) So you maybe try to put the wheel in the usb port with the lowest number, counted from left to right and then up to down in my case: 12 34 when looking at the back of ur PC
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Have you tried rebooting your PC and then sticking it in?

Yes ofcourse.

Quote from AndreABG :try this drivers: http://www.msi-computer.de/dow ... r/nv61xx-chipset_8.22.zip These are Chipset drivers for the Nforce 430 with onboard GeForce 6100 (what I think u have?), maybe the needed USB drivers are there within

Now I see that I have GeForce 6100 on board :jawdrop: I didn't know that! (And I did't ask for it when I buy...) But I use GForce 7300 GT.

I will try this driver.

Quote from DEVIL 007 :
Do you have the wheel running over the USB HUB or directly connected to PC USB port?

Now U ask too much I plug in into USB on back (4), or in front (2)...

Quote from DEVIL 007 :Why you dont run the DSL modem over ethernet.I know a lot of cases where DSL modem running over USB make trouble to other USB devices.

Hmm Dont know how to do it. Everibody I know use ADSL through USB.
Quote from AndreABG :once I recognized something that might be ur problem -> when I attache only 1 USB device in the 2nd USB slot on my MB it won't work, until theres something attached to the first one (shouldn't be, but it is ^^) So you maybe try to put the wheel in the usb port with the lowest number, counted from left to right and then up to down in my case: 1 2 3 4 when looking at the back of ur PC

OK I'll try!
Any new news did it work?
The End.

I try lots of things to do but on the on the end was (probably) incompatibility of MB and Wheel.

Now I get other MB and I hope with no changes for some time... :gnasher: :geezer:
don't think there could be any incompatabilies with an MB and an USB device. Do u know how to exchange a MB without reinstalling windows or do u want to do so?
Quote from AndreABG :don't think there could be any incompatabilies with an MB and an USB device. Do u know how to exchange a MB without reinstalling windows or do u want to do so?

Well thats what they told me in service. They change MB (ofcourse still under warranty) without reinstalling Win, cause MBs are similar (now i got Winfast 6100 M2MA). However, now work.
I once had the same problem with an ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 board and the DFP wheel. Every USB device worked also other wheels except the DFP. No driver updates or reinstall or whatever helped.
Then I used a cheap internal USB2.0 card and the DFP worked.
Quote from BBO@BSR :I once had the same problem with an ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 board and the DFP wheel. Every USB device worked also other wheels except the DFP. No driver updates or reinstall or whatever helped.
Then I used a cheap internal USB2.0 card and the DFP worked.

Could be, but I didn't want to use PCI USB card, cause Asus have only 2 PCI slots...

Now I see, Winfas have only ONE!!! Come on....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG