The online racing simulator
lexus GS450h
(10 posts, started )
lexus GS450h
anybody know or can post a link to the performance figures for the lexus GS450h?
-
(Xaid0n) DELETED by Xaid0n
Horsepower: 292 @ 6,400rpm
Torque: 267 lb ft @ 4,800rpm
Fuel Recommended: Premium Unleaded
Hybrid System: Series/parallel system with gas engine and 2 electric motors
Motor Generator1: Primary generator, engine starter, controls engine speed 180bhp
Motor Generator2: Drives rear wheels, regenerative braking 197bhp
Valves/Config: 24/DOHC
Displacement: 3456cc
Bore x Stroke (in): 3.7 x 3.27
Compression Ratio: 11.8:1
Fuel Type/System: Hyb/SEFI
25-28MPG

No information on the Electric engine though

Lexus GS 450h - V6 3.5L Gasoline + Electric CVT+ ABS:

0-60mph: 5.69s
1/4 Mile: 14.21s
1/4 speed: 104.1mph
Braking 60-0mph: 134ft

EDIT: found some more information:
WHAT on earth, is the point in building a hybrid, then thinking, I know, we're saving teh environment a bit, now lets whack in a fuel thirsty V6, cos that'll be a good idea.

What REALLY gets me about these cars is their economy, its far worse than a modern day diesel for example, although that may pollute the environment more, who knows when you take into account the energy required producing electricity for some of these cars.
yup it is a very thirsty car, the V8 doesnt fair better either with 1-2mpg more, you'd be better off with that Audi Jeremy Clarkson used to get to Scotland and back on one tank, that has nearly double the MPG.
whats the point of buying a diesel like a passat tdi or a leon cupra tdi and driving round trying to race every other car on the road with a chip on your sholder like you've got to prove to ppl that its fast when in fact its not
When it comes to the Lexus hybrids it isn't so much about actually being green as it is about seeming to be green.

Lots of people think diesel is "dirty" and unrefined, so they won't buy one, but they want to be seen to be making an effort.

The other thing is the performance. Having the electric motors means that torque is available as soon as you floor it.

I've driven one of the RX hybrids, it's a very strange feeling when you accelerate hard from a standstill. The electric motors send you forward silently and with a lot of force, it's not until you reach 15mph or so that the engine turns on, with an instant roar as it's already spinning. It's dangerously fun.
Quote from tombarlin :whats the point of buying a diesel like a passat tdi or a leon cupra tdi and driving round trying to race every other car on the road with a chip on your sholder like you've got to prove to ppl that its fast when in fact its not

The in gear acceleration of some diesels would suprise some people on the motorway, within the speed limits anyway. Not that I'm a fan, petrol for me thanks
#8 - Jambo
Dad had one of these for a 24hr test drive with lexus. Very fast indeed. And it doesnt actually sup that much fuel, youde be surprised.
Quote from Jambo :Dad had one of these for a 24hr test drive with lexus. Very fast indeed. And it doesnt actually sup that much fuel, youde be surprised.

Nice.... 18 month bump
Quote from spookthehamster :When it comes to the Lexus hybrids it isn't so much about actually being green as it is about seeming to be green.

Exactly... it's all about marketing and looking like they're doing whatever the public perceives to be 'the right thing'.

lexus GS450h
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG