The online racing simulator
Virtual axis (for those of us without a wheel)
After discovering i couldnt modify the button control rate or have part acceleration/brake with a script http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=23684
. I figured a better idea would be to have a virtual axis and assign 2 or maybe 3 buttons to varying levels of acceleration/brake. And i have tried assigning mouseY, its very difficult to control.
I know that for keyboard steering there is the Normal steering, and what was labeled "Fast Steer". Allthough I get the feeling this isn't what you're talking about...
Quote from fuzzymonkey : And i have tried assigning mouseY, its very difficult to control.

It is possible to use mouse-y and i use it since this Thread. Wheel turn compensation must be on 1 and wheel turn must set at 300° and if you use the MRT must you change the wheel turn to 100° because the axes disturbing is to high for the small wheel turn degrees of MRT.

Update:
I know, the Button-Control is absolutely annoying, and i was thinking about a virtual axis controlled by buttons before. 1 Button for +axis and one for -axis. The third button is then for the move-speed or the acceleration of the move of the virtual axis. But for Brake is this not possible to use i guess, because the brake is to fast needed. Buttons are always very bad for controls, and should be not used. It is better to buy a joystick just for use throttle and brake with joystick-axes than use buttons for the same. And we can thank bill gates that a second mouse not give the axes Z and W. A second mouse use the same X and Y like the first plugged mouse. So we need to buy any game controller and the playing at a workstation is not so easy therefore. I have many ideas to use 4 Mouse axes in a CAD application, not only in games, but Microsoft gimme 2 Mouse axes and i am angry about.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG