The online racing simulator
What wheel do you use?
(54 posts, started )

Poll : What wheel do you use?

Closed since :
Logitech G25
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Other (inc. Logitech Driving Force non-Pro)
Logitech Momo Force (Black or Red)
Microsoft ForceFeedback
What wheel do you use?
I've started this to convince one of our LFS'ers that if he's going to buy a wheel, it's worth saving a few quid extra to get a decent wheel that will last, which is always cheaper in the long run.

Im also convinced that 99% (well ,close enough) of sim racers use one of 4 wheels.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section . Please move it if so, Mods.
I'm using a DFP,hopefully soon i will be able to get G25
Sorry to be boring, but G25 it is
TBH this thread is almost a complete waste of time...
_IF_ it survives long enough I reckon you will get 65%-70% (at least) voting for the G25, with the other types making up the remainder...save time, and go get a G25 now!
Quote from Bladerunner :TBH this thread is almost a complete waste of time...
_IF_ it survives long enough I reckon you will get 65%-70% (at least) voting for the G25, with the other types making up the remainder...save time, and go get a G25 now!

Thats exactly the point i was trying to make to him, though a G25 is probably too expensive for a lot of people, so the other 3 main choices are the only others worth getting imho.
To late i have ordered the wheel.
Had a MSFF wheel previously, now a G25.
Money well spent
saitek R440
20,000 miles on a DFP and it still works great. It will have to die before I go G25.
6 players use the same wheel as i am getting nope i don't have any second doubts about the wheel.
Non-FF MS wheel

In few years it will turn full ten (10) years! Pedals were working nicely too but I got tired of the squeeching sound so I made my own. ice fuffy ball bearings et all . Double downshifting sometimes but strangely that just comes and goes. All in all, durable and easy wheel to drive with. Cheap too, but not really comparable against any modern wheels in precision.

Yeah, and only 1 buttons broken oin the wheel. No place for pit stop limiter on the wheel

When this breaks I'll build my own wheel
Quote from faster111 :6 players use the same wheel as i am getting nope i don't have any second doubts about the wheel.

No, 6 voted for Other. If you happen to read the posts in this thread you will see Hyperactive is one of the `Other` and he uses a Non-FF MS wheel.

I'm really baffled to why you bother to ask for advice and just turn a blinds eye to it... Out of interest how much have you paid for this wheel?
Quote from faster111 :6 players use the same wheel as i am getting nope i don't have any second doubts about the wheel.

no, six people use a wheel other than one of the 4 listed, and one of those six stated that he uses the Saitek wheel.

but hey, its your money. don't let these other people try and make you feel bad about your purchase. i don't care what anyone says, any wheel (that works) is better than a gamepad or mouse/keyboard.

the wheel you are looking at looks similar to the wheel i had before i upgraded to a g25. i used to have a driving force ex (the ps2 wheel), and i loved it at the time.

now, i'd be hard pressed to go back to that wheel for any reason, but at the time, that's all i knew, and i loved it. my old wheel has been passed on to a friend that i got hooked on LFS and my dad (who i also got hooked) purchased a DF ex for his wheel and has a grand time with it.

so, ignore they nay-sayers and enjoy your wheel when it arrives.
I use a momo black and I think its just fine. I'd not need to go to P.E. at school if I had a DFP. apart from the off center problem my REV A model is just fine.
Quote from glyphon :no, six people use a wheel other than one of the 4 listed, and one of those six stated that he uses the Saitek wheel.

but hey, its your money. don't let these other people try and make you feel bad about your purchase. i don't care what anyone says, any wheel (that works) is better than a gamepad or mouse/keyboard.

the wheel you are looking at looks similar to the wheel i had before i upgraded to a g25. i used to have a driving force ex (the ps2 wheel), and i loved it at the time.

now, i'd be hard pressed to go back to that wheel for any reason, but at the time, that's all i knew, and i loved it. my old wheel has been passed on to a friend that i got hooked on LFS and my dad (who i also got hooked) purchased a DF ex for his wheel and has a grand time with it.

so, ignore they nay-sayers and enjoy your wheel when it arrives.

I don't think there are any `nay-sayers` as such. He has two threads going, one asking for advice. So we all chip in and give our views yet he goes for the one least recommended...

I just can't believe (from the other thread) he was/has paid £42 for it . That's an utter rip off, you could get a DFP or Momo for that money which has FF.
DFP. I must have done all but a handful of my 75,000+ miles on it and it's still going strong. I might invest in a G25 when I get a job but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Quote from glyphon :don't let these other people try and make you feel bad about your purchase.

Let me clarify that making him feel bad about his purchase was the last thing on my mind.
The intention was to help him buy a better wheel for his money, nothing more.

EDIT..and i see he's paid £42 for it. That is ,quite frankly, a massive rip off when for around £8-£18 more he could have got the second best wheel on the market.

We did try to help
Quote from The Moose :Let me clarify that making him feel bad about his purchase was the last thing on my mind.
The intention was to help him buy a better wheel for his money, nothing more.

EDIT..and i see he's paid £42 for it. That is ,quite frankly, a massive rip off when for around £8-£18 more he could have got the second best wheel on the market.

We did try to help

i know you did but i know what to go for next time tho my mum was going get me the g25 at xmas but has you can tell i wanted a wheel asp but hey my 1st wheel so next time i know what to look out for.
Quote from Bladerunner :save time, and go get a G25 now!

Well said, My G25 is far better than my old momo & DFP,
#20 - Rish
I use a DFP and to be honest its poo!
I'm buyin a house at the minute but when i've got a few spare £'s i'll be buyin me a new wheel. Probably a G25!
#21 - Jakg
M$ Sidewinder>Momo>G25>Momo (G25 broke)>G25 (in post)
Quote from Rish :I use a DFP and to be honest its poo!

That's the first time i've ever heard anyone say that (cue a flood of "DFP is crap" posts :razz
I've had a few goes with one and i like the wheel a lot, it feels good, the FF is very good and they seem to be built pretty well for the money. The only thing I'm not to keen on is the pedals.
I have a MS Sidewinder FF and i like it a lot, however it could really do with an upgrade at some point. From putting in a few laps on Rish's DFP i quite like it, it feels, i don't know, tighter maybe. There seems hardly any slack in the center of the wheel when compared to my MS if you know what i mean.
I think Rish thinks its "poo" because he has to set up the wheel everytime he loads up LFS, which would be annoying.

I was thinking of upgrading to a G25, but i dont want the shifter and pedals as i have custom ones, is the wheel on its own that much better than a DFP? or does everyone love the G25 because of the clutch pedal and shifter?
#24 - Jakg
the wheel is MUCH better, and the pedals on it own my ACT Labs pedals as well - even if it was just the wheel and 2 pedals it would still be worth it
Ok cool. Just out of interest, what broke on yours to warrant an RMA?

What wheel do you use?
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG