The online racing simulator
BOTT series discussion
I thought i would put forward my ideas for next season of BOTT
and see what you think.

Season starts: July/August

Time: 20:00 or 21:00 UTC

It all depends on the number of team that join but..
Premiere Division (All the teams from last season will be invite back and all the team who were invited last time and unable to make it) - 16 teams
Division 1
Divison 2
If we were to have divisions then possibly 6 rounds
Round 1: Fern bay Club - UF1
Round 2: South City long - XFR
Round 3: Aston Cadet - TBO
Round 4: Aston ??? - GTR
Round 5: Fern Bay Gold or ??? - FOX
Round 6: Kyoto Ring National - FO8

Ruling/penalties
There will be a Tribunal which consists of 2-3 members of LFS with a good understanding of racing.
If a complaint is made it will be reviewed by the tribunal judges and they will come to a conclusion on the penalty

Comments, criticism, suggestions welcome
I personally would like to see some variety on the choosen combos.
Some xfi+xrg action would be nice also, on a track where they are competetive.
For the starting time I must suggest 20.00 UTC, as 21 would already be midnight for Finns in the summer time.

I´m sure Mercury will show intrest in the upcoming season.
Quote from Arrow. :I thought i would put forward my ideas for next season of BOTT
and see what you think.

Season starts: July/August

Time: 20:00 or 21:00 UTC

It all depends on the number of team that join but..
Premiere Division (All the teams from last season will be invite back and all the team who were invited last time and unable to make it) - 16 teams
Division 1
Divison 2

Ruling/penalties
There will be a Tribunal which consists of 2-3 members of LFS with a good understanding of racing.
If a complaint is made it will be reviewed by the tribunal judges and they will come to a conclusion on the penalty

Aston National with GTRs 50laps would not be a boring thing, I think there would be action all 50 laps there!

The LRF at BL1 Rev if I remember was great fun!!
Quote from Jonesy_ :I personally would like to see some variety on the choosen combos.
Some xfi+xrg action would be nice also, on a track where they are competetive.
For the starting time I must suggest 20.00 UTC, as 21 would already be midnight for Finns in the summer time.

I´m sure Mercury will show intrest in the upcoming season.

What about Bl1 - XFG/XRG
times are very close there

20:00UTC should be ok i guess
July/August is - in my opinion - a very bad time to plan league races in
Whys that Rene?
Quote from Arrow. :Whys that Rene?

Oh sorry for not explaining, for me it was obvious

Reason is, that July / August is summer holidays time.
ok When do the holidays finish?
does everyone feel the same, start after the holidays?
I say start before the holdidays and run through. More time to practice for people that go to school.

Also maybe fe rallyx with RB4?
I enjoyed fe gold fox but possible go for some more unusual combos. Maybe something like fox at as north gtr's at fe or something, just mixed up a bit or maybe if want gtr's at aston go for something different than national.

As for when to run the league, those on summer holidays benifit from summer as they have nothing to do but the risk is run of teams having members going on holiday. So IMO would be best to run it later in year, round september time.
#12 - arco
Quote from traxxion :Oh sorry for not explaining, for me it was obvious

Reason is, that July / August is summer holidays time.

Yup, bad time. October or later will be better. Last Sunday in October we're off summertime, meaning it will be just UTC+1 or +2 for most here in Europe.
Quote from Arrow. :What about Bl1 - XFG/XRG
times are very close there

20:00UTC should be ok i guess

Quote from Arrow. :lol i wonder why

Had to be done, you chose a combo that your team has hotlapped the shit out of then complain because someone else wants a combo they have done?

How about some variety, Kyoto Gp Long reversed or National reversed for the XFR and UFR, fern bay anything except the club for the xfg and xrg, same with the uf1.

It's really way to boring doing the same combos or the same kind of combos, like Uf1 Fe club, maybe something differnt? Sprint 1 reversed, 2 reversed? Even green reversed, the track doesn't have to be small to have good racing for small cars.

Would just like to see something differnt, like F08 club reversed or something, or maybe even cadet, might sound silly but atleast you will be offering combos that arn't very common.
#14 - Nobo
Any chance you could set up 2nd Season so thats not colliding with OWRL, that would be great!
#15 - arco
Quote from Bawbag :Had to be done, you chose a combo that your team has hotlapped the shit out of then complain because someone else wants a combo they have done?

Personally, I haven't been driving the BL1/XFG combo at all for over 6 months. So I guess I'm just as fast/slow as most people there now.
Anyhow, that combo isn't the most exciting imo, so whether it's chosen or not doesn't bother me.

Keep the suggestions coming!
Quote from Arrow. : - 16 teams
Division 1
Divison 2

I think now we won't need divisions, patch X is out soon (32 cars and maybe more :shrug.
Round 2: SO City long can be XFR + UFR
We had Aston Cadet - TBO last season, maybe now try whit Aston Club Rev, that combo is just so fun, S backwards is so hard to get right so only best would be fast! And I agree whit XFG+XRG race (dunno what track, Blackwood is old school :nod
Westhill Grand Prix for GTR, nice track for GTRs

Oh and what you guys think about one Formula 1 race. All leagues whit mix cars never drive BF1, why? It would be super fun to have BF1 combo for end of season.

July/August is maybe bad time, cuz ppl are at seaside , but you need 2 drivers and I can bet there will be someone from team who can race! This is team champ not drivers!

EDIT: lol bawbag you are so full of rev combos in your post (AS club Rev in mine, dudes try that combo it's just fun!)

EDIT2: SO classic REV, one of the best tracks in LFS! Organisers hit some car there

P.S AS Club REV, SO classic REV think about it This two tracks are not long, they have passing places and they are big challenge, just what we need

EDIT3: I've just looked at Hot Lapps, Aston Club Rev whit XFG+XRG looks good (1:22.380 - 1:22.280), so then hit TBO on SO classic REV btw. WRs on SO1R are not really important cuz we will have TBO class weight penalties...
Round 2 should be South City Long REV... far better for the XFR cars.

But, you need to have more rounds. At least 8.

Do a round (or more) with a certain car at the following tracks:

-BL GP Rev (always a good one for racing) (LRF?)
-AS North Rev (GTRs?)
-KY National Rev (better overtaking opportunities) (FO8)
-SO Town Rev (a VERY good track for racing with the highspeed downhill braking for the hairpin) (XFG, XRG)

It is no coincidence that the REV tracks are my top recommendations. Reverse directions give some great racing, and prove others in the race that you can be prepared if you practice it. If you don't do reverse combos, it is just same old same old, and that just shows you'd be too noob to want to try anything else .

AS Club is by far the worst of all choices Niki.
Quote from Tweaker : -SO Town Rev (a VERY good track for racing with the highspeed downhill braking for the hairpin) (XFG, XRG)

XFG is way to fast here (2 sec.)
Quote from Tweaker :AS Club is by far the worst of all choices Niki.

I mean on REV combo
I just think you should do it in the exact oposite of tracks from last season. Say we done XFR So long, now stay away from So long and go to Fern Bay or Kyoto, atleast it's not going to be similar track conditions to the first race.
Quote from N I K I :XFG is way to fast here (2 sec.)

I mean on REV combo

Then choose XFG OR XRG

And AS Club is a bad combo all around, normal or reverse. It just isn't very interesting and well made. Too short and not many corners. You guys should stick to tracks that are NOT popular tracks online (eg AS Club, AS Nat).

But oh well, you all want to decide.
Quote from Nobo :Any chance you could set up 2nd Season so thats not colliding with OWRL, that would be great!

Yes, that's an idea I like very much. If it misses OWRL then I'm sure R4R could raise a team to race. We would like to compete with all the great teams in this series.
#22 - Kaw
Lets shuffle some tracks and some cars and put them together randomly.
How about every team nominates a combo just before the start of the season?
Quote from Kaw :Lets shuffle some tracks and some cars and put them together randomly.

And risk ending up with something like UF1 @ Oval?

BF1 @ fearn bay?

How about GTR rallycrossing?

Go for it.. lol.
To be honest the best option has to be to pick sensible but unusual combo's.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG